New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 142 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    for so long a time i have been surfing this thread and all i find are things not nice about the d4d.
    Thread title: Toyota D4D engine woes

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    i don't know whether there are those in this thread that pretend they own innovas or fortuners...the way some describe their "woes" seem they are just made up just to sow "intrigue"...and cause worry upon us who really own said vehicles. i suggest that those of you who have problems with their units to write down/indicate the engine number and chassis number (or better O.R./C.R.) para naman kapani-paniwala kayo.
    kaya lang i am saddened by those of you who doubt my "legitimacy" as a d4d owner. nevertheless, this does make my opinion and my experience relative to the d4d as truthful as your opinion.
    naalala ko tuloy na dapat yata ganito ang scenario... if you can dish 'em out, you should take 'em too

let us not magnify those minute defects of the d4d...kasi iba ang effect or impact nito sa mga non-d4d owners (or walang kotse pero may alam)...
    for so long a time i have been surfing this thread and all i find are things not nice about the d4d. paranoid na yata tayo.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    i think the title of this thread says it all and that's why some are of the impression that the problem is being magnified... as unfortunate as it may seem to others, this thread still serves the purpose of informing owners or would-be-owners and the public in general that the D4D's got its share of problems... in fact, some are even thankful for this thread because it helped them make an informed decision.. while there are also those who just find it so hard to accept and squarely deal with this reality..

Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx View Post
    im happy because wala pang problem yung innova namin. pero i also feel sorry for those who experienced problems. sorry dude
    mabuhay ka kapatid.. you are one level headed guy
    Last edited by slamtaz; December 6th, 2006 at 07:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    i am sorry if you look it that way. as you have said, you been a tsikoteer since jan 2006 so i am pretty sure i am not pertaining to you :peace:. for the record, i am not toyota or D4D hater. i just hate people whose first batch of post are somewhat .......(ran out of words, just fill in the blanks. ). and it is not exclusive in these thread, just look at the lemon civic thread. we just have to accept it that there is "still" a problem regading these D4D. maybe, what they've done to larshells innova is the final solution to these woes.
    Thanks bro, peace!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    kaya lang i am saddened by those of you who doubt my "legitimacy" as a d4d owner. .... i posted my suggestion that we should indicate our engine numbers in order to protect us from those who are out to cause panic and worry among us. for so long a time i have been surfing this thread and all i find are things not nice about the d4d. paranoid na yata tayo. merry christmas na lang bros and sis!
    If you ask me tsikoteer albert, although this is unsolicited, its always automatic (as far as most are concerned, especially the more senior tsikoteers), that there is the presence of trust and doubting our peers is actually a non existent aspect. By reading your replies, it would seem that its you who casted doubt, and imagined that others also doubted you. Anyway, bottom line here is, Trust prevails, and whatever our brothers/sisters tsikoteers interact/react are for the good in all of us in this forum... Merry Christmas to you and all of us and may we have a prosperous year and trouble free rides ahead of us....

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx View Post
    im happy because wala pang problem yung innova namin. pero i also feel sorry for those who experienced problems. sorry dude
    Be happy w/ your unit and also be sympathetic to some owner's not satisfied w/ their unit. Yan lang naman dapat diba? Kaya ako I'm telling other's that don't worry and be happy continue to travel and enjoy

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    well, just press "page up" kung nasa tamang thread ako.
    i think the title of this thread says it all and that's why some are of the impression that the problem is being magnified... as unfortunate as it may seem to others, this thread still serves the purpose of informing owners or would-be-owners and the public in general that the D4D's got its share of problems... in fact, some are even thankful for this thread because it helped them make an informed decision.. while there are also those who just find it so hard to accept and squarely deal with this reality..
    exactly my sentiments.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    d4d engine problem....

maraming salamat sa info tungkol problemang ito mga tsikoters..dapat nga may recall na ito coz definitely the engine and fuel does not match..base sa inyong mga comments, it is not the fuel pump ang may problema. considering na marumi nga ang quality ng diesel sa atin then ang ginamit nilang design sa fuel injectors( nozzles) is not fit for the kind of diesel we have..problema talaga sa cold start kay clog na ang mga butas sa nozzles..adding pressure sa pump could help a little it doesn't solve the problem..Maybe you guys can suggest this to toyota motorpool na tingnan din ang fuel injectors kapag nagka problema kayo nito..Suggestion lang po ito..

Anyhow, maraming salamat sa inyo..I think i'll just go for the vvti na lang..

japs88

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Nasa sa iyo naman how you will take the 'panlalait'. Imagine me when I'm buying parts for the Suzuki. Lahat ng pagtanungan ko, 'Suzuki, walang parts iyan! Hindi naman maganda, eh!' Or when I'm having the Pajero serviced, puro 'underpowered' ang naririnig kong comment sa paligid. That's their opinion, I just respect it. They probably did not see my Pajero, while it was recovering a bogged Toyota Land Cruiser.

I don't think anyone is magnifying anything here. This is a free forum [so long as you follow some set guidelines]. The people who own and run this forum are not under the payroll or payolas of any major automaker.
    Imagine how I feel about the "panlalait"... people keep telling me my fuel consumption is bad (funny... it's better than my relatives' CRVs and Civic 2.0s), asking if parts are hard... MBT contends that my car sounds like a tin can... (bwehehe... true, actually), lots of people still think the car's just a bodykit and one Honda-lover even said "pang Laser (1980's) lang yung pang-ilalim nun". And people keep telling me I'm nuts for picking a Ford.

Whatever makes them happy. I still love this car, warts and all. I'm not going to pretend that the defects and problems other Ford owners experience do not exist. So the car isn't perfect, so what? I bought it for its good points, not because I expect it to be perfect.

*albert99: For me, be happy with your Innova... I would be, if I were in your position. Despite the statistical chance of injector or pump failure (my friends and relatives have no problems, yet), it's a very good vehicle.

Don't assume that this is a major thing that will cause the resale value of the Innova to crash (same problem didn't hurt the Trooper, apparently... :rofl01: ) or that it makes your Innova worthless. It's still a good vehicle despite these problems, and many of us are honestly reserving our judgement and awaiting the resolution of this problem.

I guess it all depends on why you buy what you buy. Some people will buy the Innova simply because it's a Toyota and supposedly indestructible. I say bull. I've seen Toyota diesel and gasoline vehicles (prior to this) go up in smoke... wear out, break down. A car will last only as long as you maintain it well.

Other people, like me... buy a vehicle knowing full well that things might break... instead of buying a brand, we're buying a vehicle for its utility, economy and ability. Vehicle not perfect? Oh well, didn't expect it to be.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [quote=slamtaz;710846]naalala ko tuloy na dapat yata ganito ang scenario... if you can dish 'em out, you should take 'em too

you don't have to impress upon me the name of this thread being "d4d woes"...it should also be wise for us here not to overreact to those who comment in a more positive manner...my point is, tayo lang ang nagmumukhang kawawa...pity on us people na napaniwala ng Toyota na maganda ang d4d...owner din ako ng d4d pero i don't give much attention to minute problems and details...what is best for all of us who have encountered problems with their d4ds is to file a formal complaint with Toyota or to an appropriate government agency like DTI (or DOTC)...we cannot just solve a problem with another problem or just by sharing our sad experiences with one of us who also has a sad experience...gud day bro!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    even an OSY knows what the word "woes" mean. i know that too bro. kaya lang itong forum na to ay hindi "top secret" o "classified" na kayo-kayo lang na mga datihan na mga d4d owners can access this. now, for the sake of argument, how will we convince those non-d4d fanatics that our d4d is better than anyone's engine/system when we ourselves have troubles and tons of problems with our d4ds? mmmm....

Toyota D4D engine woes