New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 94 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by D4D Spain
    [SIZE=1]Dear Friends,

I send you this lines from Spain.( Europe).
    We have had an enourmous problem with the land cruiser KDJ120.
    In many countries is called prado.

IT IS A D4D, engine 1kd-ftv and 163HP.

The diesel common rail injectors are failing,even with 10.000km....!

Can you tell me the problem you have,?, because also I think our pumps have to do with the problem we are suffering.

We made an official claim to Toyota and they say that they know the injectors are failing, but they do not say anything about the pumps!!.

we are in www.kdjoteros.com

Thank you.

by the way, ..

we were said in Spain that the problem was the quality of the diesel.

NO!!!. All the rest of cars in Spain are using the same diesel and they dont have problems.

If they have sold a car wich is not compatible withe Spanish diesel, that´s is not our probl, is their problem.

Toyota has decided to change the injectors , but we would like to kmow about your experiences.
    you.
    Our common simpmthoms are:

Noisy engine
    Vibrations.
    lack of power

Thank[/SIZE]
    *D4D Spain: In the Philippines, we are not having any problems, as of yet, involving the 1KD-FTV (3.0Li) D4D injectors or pumps. Most of the problems we've noted here involve the pumps on the 2KD-FTV (2.5Li) D4D injectors. The symptoms you mentioned are quite different from the symptoms we have on a number of 2KD-FTV D4Ds, which include the following:
    - Hard starting engines.
    - Engine stalling from cold start.
    - Choking.

Let me add that the problem has been traced to faulty Denso fuel pumps on the 2KD-FTV engines. The dirty diesel fuel is just a secondary cause. Replacement of affected fuel pumps with an improved fuel pump (under warranty) usually solves the problem.

The symptoms you've noted are typical of diesel engines. Did you guys use to own petrol-fed vehicles? That would surely account for the noticeable difference in performance. Diesel engines are indeed noisier than petrol-fed vehicles. The D-4D engine, though, is less noisier than the average diesel workhorse. Likewise, diesel engines have a lot more vibration compared to petrol-fed vehicles. Lastly, until you reach an optimum engine temperature, you won't get a lot of power out of a diesel engine. You'll need to warm the engine up a few minutes before you get to use the rated power.

I hope this info helps...
    Last edited by vicoyski; June 18th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *D4D Spain :

The problematic D4D engine here in the Philippines is the (2.5-li.) 2KD-FTV .

Toyota vehicles with this engine started selling in Feb/March 2005
    and by July 2005, we already had cases of these engines which
    would choke during starting and eventually fail to start. Then many
    more incidents followed (same problem).

Toyota didn't know then (July-Nov 2005) what was the root cause
    of the problem, so for warranty claims, Toyota replaced the entire
    CRDI system which included the the commonrail, injectors & nozzles,
    (fuel) supply pump, fuel filter, and the relevant pipes.

By Dec. 2005, Toyota already identified the problem and this was
    the "supply pump". Now, for warranty claims, Toyota only replaces
    this supply pump - (photo below).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by D4D Spain
    Dear Friends,

I send you this lines from Spain.( Europe).
    We have had an enourmous problem with the land cruiser KDJ120.
    In many countries is called prado.

IT IS A D4D, engine 1kd-ftv and 163HP.
    The diesel common rail injectors are failing,even with 10.000km....!

Can you tell me the problem you have,?, because also I think our pumps have to do with the problem we are suffering.

We made an official claim to Toyota and they say that they know the injectors are failing, but they do not say anything about the pumps!!.

we are in www.kdjoteros.com

Thank you.
    Yay, yay, yay ! Same engine with Fortuner 3.0 10,000 km lang and it's failing already? That's quite worrying ha. How many 3.0 V owners kay reached 10,000 kms???

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Yay, yay, yay ! Same engine with Fortuner 3.0 10,000 km lang and it's failing already? That's quite worrying ha. How many 3.0 V owners kay reached 10,000 kms???
    Lot's of us have reached 10T KM... Why do you ask?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Imagine the headache of owners when their injectors, fuel pump and what have yous starting FAILING after the 3-year warranty period.

Anyone up for a P100K repair bill?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Imagine the headache of owners when their injectors, fuel pump and what have yous starting FAILING after the 3-year warranty period.

Anyone up for a P100K repair bill?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi there, ive just recently bought a Hilux and i do think that i got scared on what i have read here. Well, i guess theres nothing more i can do about it now, have just to wait and see if it would happen to my truck too...wish i could have read this sooner. . .

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by demeter
    hi there, ive just recently bought a Hilux and i do think that i got scared on what i have read here. Well, i guess theres nothing more i can do about it now, have just to wait and see if it would happen to my truck too...wish i could have read this sooner. . .
    What's your hi-lux's engine? 3.0 or 2.5? So far, the problem affects mostly Innova(s) and some Fortuner(s).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oh, i got this 4x2 model, its the 2.5L, 2KD-FTV,tama ba? Just got it a week ago,and also would just want to ask if ever you got to change your wheel, like from 14 rim to 17 rim, would it affect the odometer reading? i know the speedometer reading would not be correct but what about the trip meter readings? thanks...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mayroon naman solusyon dyan *demeter, mag-gas up ka lang lagi sa trusted mo gasolinahan. kahit empty ka na pilipitin mo na makapunta dun. maraming og*gs na gasoline station ngaun.

Toyota D4D engine woes