New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I changed the tires of my altis 1.8V recently to bridgestone potenza for around 5.2k each. Was choosing between yokohama A.Drive or Dunlop LM703 at first. IMO the performance is better compared to the stock Dunlop Sp Sport 01.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What Potenza model is that? Ang mura ah. Last time I checked, the supposedly lower-end Turanza ER300s (OEM on the 1.6E/G Altis) cost over 6k.

I had Dunlop LM703s fitted first before the Kumho Ecstas. Lo and behold, less than a week after putting the tires on, nagka-bukol sa sidewall. I think it's an okay tire, but I'd definitely go with Ecstas or A.Drives over LM703s.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another update on FC: 10.99km/L (hindi pa ako pinaabot ng 11km/L). Mostly city driving with a quick trip to Carmona and back (via SLEX).

Per my Gas Log (on my android thingee phone):
    Worst FC: 10.64km/L
    Best FC: 13.20km/L
    Average: 11.52km/L
    Ave. Cost per Km: P4.81
    Cost per day: P165.35

BTW, with regard to my previous minor gripe, i just put my coins inside the ashtray. So far it's not clattering around. I noticed too the Altis has no coat hook at the rear. :P

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^ sir vinj ano po gamit niyong fuel?hanap po kasi ng pinaka matipid for the altis.thanks sir

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm using Shell Regular Unleaded right now. Prior to that i tried Petron Xtra Unleaded (which we always use in most of our gasoline rides) and Shell Premium Unleaded. So far this works the best for me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^thanks sir vinj.will try shell unleaded,currently using petron unleaded

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sounds like an isolated case. Since out of warranty na yung Altis mo, maybe you could try asking outside shops if they can order you parts for that - tatagain ka lang kasi ng CASA.

A-drives are good. I changed tires recently too though, but I got Kumho Ecstas. 4.1k per piece lang vs 4.9k for the A.Drives, really good reviews too. Haven't flogged the car through Tanay with the new tires yet though, so I can't say how it performs when pushed to the limits.

How can you say that the Yoko A.Drives are better than the Dunlop SP Sport 01s? The SP Sport 01s cost 8k a piece so it's actually positioned more against the C.Drive than the lower-end A.Drive. I found it pretty grippy when new, nothing to write home about but they were good tires.
    yeah. hopefully. just tried the power lumbar, i felt it move but still with the knocking noise. its like it's punching the back cushion. but will try outside shops also as soon as i find time.

just personal experience with the a drives and the dunlop. not really sure but i find the a drives to be value for money. although the altis itself has a very quiet cabin, the a drive helps a lot in reducing road noise, especially in high speed traffic. i pass by slex everyday from the south to makati and can honestly say that the a drives are better than the dunlops, especially in the bicutan to magallanes part where the asphalt is not as smooth compared to the other parts of skyway (at grade).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ah so road noise pala yung basis mo. Tahimik nga yang A.Drive. That's quieter than the Ecsta's that I'm currently on. One of the quietest tires in the segment actually.

Personally I don't mind noisy tires as long as they've got good grip and they're durable enough. Hopefully this set of Ecstas would last at least 60,000 KM.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    just got a drives for my altis 1.8v. awesome tires might i say.
    i also drive from the south to north using slex and i noticed the difference in terms of road noise.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ah so road noise pala yung basis mo. Tahimik nga yang A.Drive. That's quieter than the Ecsta's that I'm currently on. One of the quietest tires in the segment actually.
    tanong ko lang mga sirs, ano pa bang mga brand of tires ang mababa ang road noise? may mas tahimik pa ba dito sa Yoko A drive? I'm planning to change tires in 3 months time and road noise is my number 1 consideration (i really don't drive and corner that fast so grip is of less priority to me). TIA

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]