New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 357 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Any news if maglalabas na ng 2012 model ang altis..

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    * sam winchester - IMHO sir ok na po yung nakuha niyong deal with that financing setup. Yung iba kase offers nakakapag bigay pa ng mas malaking discount and freebies pero yung down ng customer is sobrang baba, say 15-20% down tapos with longer terms, mas malaki kita ng dealer sa ganun kaya pwede rin adjust sa binibigay nila.

congrats on the car... post ka on your driving figures with your 1.6E a, kahit break-in palang... gathering info on the M/T Dual VVT-i variant.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````````````

* cjv_justice... 2 weeks na sa amin ang unit. hehe piho hindi magawang tutukan ni esmi ang driving figures basta mapaandar ok na sa kanya. baguhan pa sa pagmamanaho. sabi ng agent na-break in na daw. ok naman daw ang takbo. tahimik. salamat na rin wala pang gasgas

walang TVSS ang E variant kaya balak ko magpa-install ng TVSS sa 1k km PMS. mga tsikoteers patulong naman baka amay ideya kayo magkano pa-install ng TVSS sa casa?? nagbebenta ba ang casa ng iba't ibang car security system?
    sabi kasi nila ang tvss=keyless entry lamang.

puede rin kaya yung bibili sa labas tapos sa casa ipa-install?

salamat....happy halloween sa lahat!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For those using K&N Filter on their 10th gen (or any car for that matter)

Out of curiosity, I did my own experiment using spectrophotometry (from a university lab) to compare the amount of suspended particles in the oil using K&N vs stock air filter:

Changed oil at 35,000kms and used K&N filter. sampled oil at 37000kms
    changed oil at 40,000kms and used stock filter. sampled oil at 42000kms.
    Oils sampled early in the morning, using a DIY dipstick tube oil vacuum pump.
    I used the same fuel brand and my usual route and driving habits are pretty much the same.

my results show that there are more suspended particles (around 15%) in the oil when using the K&N. Now, I don't know how this will translate in terms of engine performance or longevity. now i switched back to stock air filters since i don't really notice any dramatic improvement from the K&N. Naisip ko din na this extra dirt may harm our already sludge prone engines (the ZZ's), though it is really very hard to make conclusions.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post

Out of curiosity, I did my own experiment using spectrophotometry (from a university lab) to compare the amount of suspended particles in the oil using K&N vs stock air filter:

I used the same fuel brand and my usual route and driving habits are pretty much the same.

my results show that there are more suspended particles (around 15%) in the oil when using the K&N. Now, I don't know how this will translate in terms of engine performance or longevity. now i switched back to stock air filters since i don't really notice any dramatic improvement from the K&N. Naisip ko din na this extra dirt may harm our already sludge prone engines (the ZZ's), though it is really very hard to make conclusions.
    hmm interesting... nice work.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a good experiment there. IMHO, for aftermarket filters (i.e k&n) to generate their claimed added hp (or engine response or engine breathe-ability, etc) they need to have less filtering capability compared to stock air filter for it to get more air to the engine. how about comparing the amount of suspended particles using different types of free-flow filters like apexi, simota, TRD?

Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hello All,

I'm planning to get an Altis 1.6V this November or first week of December na. Can anyone refer their good SA that can give good offer?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Phefitho View Post
    Hello All,

I'm planning to get an Altis 1.6V this November or first week of December na. Can anyone refer their good SA that can give good offer?
    My ever reliable agent mr. Dexter Ulip of Toyota bicutan you can call him at 09228143373 i got the best deal from him when i bought my altis 1.6V pearl white last feb 2011

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spencersy View Post
    My ever reliable agent mr. Dexter Ulip of Toyota bicutan you can call him at 09228143373 i got the best deal from him when i bought my altis 1.6V pearl white last feb 2011
    sabay pala tayo spencersy... feb din tong amin, hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks! Already got to contact him today

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spencersy View Post
    Just is to serve as warning to anybody who deals with Dexter Ulip of Toyota Bicutan.

I contacted this guy based on the glowing review by spencersy. This was around the time (april to may) when supplies of vehicles were beginning to constrict due to the earthquake/tsunami in Japan last mar. 2011. We (me and Ulip) had negotiations. Afterward, I had him put everything down in writing and even noting the applicable promos of Toyota that I was eligible for (ie. loyalty award, unit discounts, etc). After, I made arrangements with the bank branch that I deal with , to send in a P.O. to bicutan. Ulip made me wait for several weeks for a unit, only to offer me a unit that was not to my liking (different engine, color, variant, etc...). Maybe he probably got tired of me following up after him constantly. All throughout, He never once gave me an update on the status of my unit. Deadma lang siya.

Resigned and weary from all the waiting, I thought of just getting that same unit (that was not what I ordrered) he offered. Then suddenly he mentions that he cannot release the unit bec. the bank branch (same bank that owns 50%+ in Toyota Phils.) is giving bicutan a very small (in their view) "D.I." <dealer's incentive-the dealers cut in the loan-in % of the interest>. When I insisted that their tit for tat with the bank and his dealer should not involve me, he reluctantly agreed to push through with the deal to the extent of even portraying himself as martyr who will have to sacrifice his commission just to see through our agreement we made in writing.

But he was not sincere in his martyr act, since he tried to recoup the costs by claiming that certain discounts are not longer applicable due to the delay in getting the unit. Funny thing is, its Toyota Phils that cannot deliver me a unit and yet this Ulip and his cahoots at Bicutan are claiming that discounts and promos will have to be reduced because the promo period "expired". Also the solex spare tire lock that he agreed to give for free, he tried to pull a fast one on me by recouping the cost by saying the applicable loyalty discount to me (fr 10,000) has now been reduced to 5,000 only.

Tired but not desperate, I pulled out my P.O. from him and his useless Bicutan dealer.

Dexter, by true to your words. If you cannot deliver what you promise (esp in writing), you got to let your clients know that fact early on. They will appreciate that. Don't waste their time. They don't want to be fed with false hopes.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]