New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 139 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    My 2011 Altis 1.6V had a knocking sound in front suspension both left and right when I'm driving on rough road ( at low speed, at approximately 5kph). I always complain to TOYOTA about the problem, they always told me to bring the unit to them (TQA) and I already lost count how many times I bring my unit to them (fixing the same problem). Sometimes the SA record my visit sometimes not but I'm sure they have the record of entry on the guard.

There are times that they replace some parts like shock absorbers (nakita ko pinalitan nila), shock mounting, and some parts (i forgot the name) that are attached or included in the shock assembly. Most of the time they just re-tight and/or lubricate (that's what they said) The last time I visit (3 weeks ago) they told me they replaced the shock assembly but still the knocking sound is there. I also complain about "tok" sound when turning the wheels left and right, they said after lubrication the "tok" sound is eliminated but upon observation it is still there.

I cannot understand why they can't fix it.

Dec. 6, the service manager called me and advised that according to TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES the problem that occur on my Altis is normal that after a thousands of kilometer this knocking sound will appear (but the knocking sound appear in less than a month from the date of purchase, I bought my unit Dec. 2010). I was so shock and get angry after hearing that statement, I immediately advised the service manager that I want to talk to whoever from TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES release that statement and prepare a written statement on their claim. We have a meeting on Dec. 14, 2012.

I hope TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES will act on the problem because this unit is still under warranty.
    If they don't act appropriately, they lost one customer!!! I WILL NOT BUY TOYOTA EVER!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian28 View Post
    My 2011 Altis 1.6V had a knocking sound in front suspension both left and right when I'm driving on rough road ( at low speed, at approximately 5kph). I always complain to TOYOTA about the problem, they always told me to bring the unit to them (TQA) and I already lost count how many times I bring my unit to them (fixing the same problem). Sometimes the SA record my visit sometimes not but I'm sure they have the record of entry on the guard.

There are times that they replace some parts like shock absorbers (nakita ko pinalitan nila), shock mounting, and some parts (i forgot the name) that are attached or included in the shock assembly. Most of the time they just re-tight and/or lubricate (that's what they said) The last time I visit (3 weeks ago) they told me they replaced the shock assembly but still the knocking sound is there. I also complain about "tok" sound when turning the wheels left and right, they said after lubrication the "tok" sound is eliminated but upon observation it is still there.

I cannot understand why they can't fix it.

Dec. 6, the service manager called me and advised that according to TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES the problem that occur on my Altis is normal that after a thousands of kilometer this knocking sound will appear (but the knocking sound appear in less than a month from the date of purchase, I bought my unit Dec. 2010). I was so shock and get angry after hearing that statement, I immediately advised the service manager that I want to talk to whoever from TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES release that statement and prepare a written statement on their claim. We have a meeting on Dec. 14, 2012.

I hope TOYOTA MOTOR PHILIPPINES will act on the problem because this unit is still under warranty.
    If they don't act appropriately, they lost one customer!!! I WILL NOT BUY TOYOTA EVER!!
    I understand that frustration of having to spend time and money going back to the dealer with no results.

You have the choice to go to another dealer and take a test drive with the SA to show the sound. TQA has been a dealer that has received several complaints already based on what i've read online so i wouldn't be surprised if they give you the go-around. On the Altis Club site, several complaints to suspension problems were repaired under warranty.

I've been driving with my FC meter on for the last week and have been adjusting my driving style a little more. Based on the FC readings, keeping the car on higher gear always doesn't give me the best mileage returns as compared to keeping the car in a lower gears to get some engine braking and keep the engine in the proper RPM range, so i can go with the least pedal inputs (as in feather light pedal inputs). The MID on the E and G models only show one info at a time unlike the V model MID.
    Last edited by vinj; December 10th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I understand that frustration of having to spend time and money going back to the dealer with no results.

You have the choice to go to another dealer and take a test drive with the SA to show the sound. TQA has been a dealer that has received several complaints already based on what i've read online so i wouldn't be surprised if they give you the go-around. On the Altis Club site, several complaints to suspension problems were repaired under warranty.

I've been driving with my FC meter on for the last week and have been adjusting my driving style a little more. Based on the FC readings, keeping the car on higher gear always doesn't give me the best mileage returns as compared to keeping the car in a lower gears to get some engine braking and keep the engine in the proper RPM range, so i can go with the least pedal inputs (as in feather light pedal inputs). The MID on the E and G models only show one info at a time unlike the V model MID.
    Try going to Toyota North Edsa-Balintawak, mas friendly mga tao dun.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Try going to Toyota North Edsa-Balintawak, mas friendly mga tao dun.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Dyan ako nagpapa-service now (5K and 10K PMS). I like the set-up of being able to watch my car upfront while it's being serviced.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Dyan ako nagpapa-service now (5K and 10K PMS). I like the set-up of being able to watch my car upfront while it's being serviced.
    Toyota Shaw and BGC also allows this. Gives you more peace of mind :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Toyota Shaw and BGC also allows this. Gives you more peace of mind :D
    However, based on the stories of Renzo, SG, and the others about BGC, i don't think we'll be watching our cars being worked on if we go there for PMS. :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks sa suggestions mga bro..

Did anyone of you guys experience this kind of problem?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I had a similar experience of the knocking sound, especially with humps and bumpy roads. But this was only after i installed my set of TRD lowering springs from US and not with my stock set.

Numerous adjustments, re installation, hose insulation didn't do the trick. It was only after we inspected the shock mount assembly and found out that the ring washer was too loose and not thick enough to give grip even when fully tightened.

My mechanic even showed me that the shock assembly parts are not entirely from japan and the said part was made in china. I found that weird but didn't bother to post in other forums or report to toyota in my last pms.

After we have replaced it with an after market type and installed on both sides, i never encountered the problem again.

We even subjected the altis at various humps and bumpy roads with minimal braking, and there were no more annoying knocking sounds till now.

TMP maybe right, that after a few thousand kilometers accrued, even the stock suspension and spring will somehow settle. This also the same principle if you put a lowering spring. And with that faulty ring, various users will eventually experience the knocking sound.

Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi Guys,

What are my options if I want to change the backlight color of my speedometer, etc (I don't know what its called btw. Sorry)? Looks pretty boring for me (orange). 2012 Altis 1.6G manual. I think for the V variant it is white? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myCOROLLA_ALTIS View Post
    I had a similar experience of the knocking sound, especially with humps and bumpy roads. But this was only after i installed my set of TRD lowering springs from US and not with my stock set.

Numerous adjustments, re installation, hose insulation didn't do the trick. It was only after we inspected the shock mount assembly and found out that the ring washer was too loose and not thick enough to give grip even when fully tightened.

My mechanic even showed me that the shock assembly parts are not entirely from japan and the said part was made in china. I found that weird but didn't bother to post in other forums or report to toyota in my last pms.

After we have replaced it with an after market type and installed on both sides, i never encountered the problem again.

We even subjected the altis at various humps and bumpy roads with minimal braking, and there were no more annoying knocking sounds till now.

TMP maybe right, that after a few thousand kilometers accrued, even the stock suspension and spring will somehow settle. This also the same principle if you put a lowering spring. And with that faulty ring, various users will eventually experience the knocking sound.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to your inputs bro!

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]