New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 73 of 163 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    #721
    Quote Originally Posted by segs View Post
    Hello everyone. I bought a 2006 Toyota Hilux a couple of months ago. 2.5L D4D. I need your help on some issues :

    1. Most of the time, when starting engine. it stalls. but on the second start or if I step on the gas pedal, no problem.

    - Is this the SUPPLY PUMP that ive been reading in the threads?
    - How much will it cost to repair?
    - if I dont have it fixed right away, will it lead to bigger problems in the future?
    - Will replacing the SUCTION CONTROL VALVE ALONE fix the problem?

    2. There are times that the battery indicator on my dash pannel light up on high revs. It appears on high RPM and disappears below 1500RPM. weird.
    - could this be alternator problem?

    Thank you in advance for the help.
    Typical problem associated with the D4D engine. Patingnan mo sa expert. Since no longer under warranty, puede na sa labas. Dieseldude owns a shop and specializes on Diesel Engines. You can request for his shop details through this thread which he visits every now and then. Do not gamble with backyard shops dahil CRDi engine ito. Kailangan ng car ng diagnostic equipment.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #722
    Hello everyone. I bought a 2006 Toyota Hilux a couple of months ago. 2.5L D4D. I need your help on some issues :

    1. Most of the time, when starting engine. it stalls. but on the second start or if I step on the gas pedal, no problem.

    - Is this the SUPPLY PUMP that ive been reading in the threads?
    This seems to be a supply pump problem.
    - How much will it cost to repair?
    - if I dont have it fixed right away, will it lead to bigger problems in the future? No. But it may shorten starter life if you often have to do repeated starts.
    - Will replacing the SUCTION CONTROL VALVE ALONE fix the problem?
    It might...
    2. There are times that the battery indicator on my dash panel light up on high revs. It appears on high RPM and disappears below 1500RPM. weird.
    - could this be alternator problem? I don't know. How about doing a scan?

    Thank you in advance for the help. You're welcome.

  3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    #723
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Typical problem associated with the D4D engine. Patingnan mo sa expert. Since no longer under warranty, puede na sa labas. Dieseldude owns a shop and specializes on Diesel Engines. You can request for his shop details through this thread which he visits every now and then. Do not gamble with backyard shops dahil CRDi engine ito. Kailangan ng car ng diagnostic equipment.
    Thank you for the tip timo! might visit dieseldude's shop.

  4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    #724
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hello everyone. I bought a 2006 Toyota Hilux a couple of months ago. 2.5L D4D. I need your help on some issues :

    1. Most of the time, when starting engine. it stalls. but on the second start or if I step on the gas pedal, no problem.

    - Is this the SUPPLY PUMP that ive been reading in the threads?
    This seems to be a supply pump problem.
    - How much will it cost to repair?
    - if I dont have it fixed right away, will it lead to bigger problems in the future? No. But it may shorten starter life if you often have to do repeated starts.
    - Will replacing the SUCTION CONTROL VALVE ALONE fix the problem?
    It might...
    2. There are times that the battery indicator on my dash panel light up on high revs. It appears on high RPM and disappears below 1500RPM. weird.
    - could this be alternator problem? I don't know. How about doing a scan?

    Thank you in advance for the help. You're welcome.
    I got the address of your shop from the previous threads. I will try to visit in quezon ave. Thank you.

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    164
    #725
    Hello, my family plans to get a 3.0L D4D... wala na bang problema dito ngayon? Safe na ba? so far puro 2.5L ang nabasa kong may problema dito sa thread... Thanks

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    89
    #726
    Quote Originally Posted by SeismicMan View Post
    Hello, my family plans to get a 3.0L D4D... wala na bang problema dito ngayon? Safe na ba? so far puro 2.5L ang nabasa kong may problema dito sa thread... Thanks
    tingin ko sir meron pa rin problem and d4d kasi same made pa rin ng toyota inc. whether innova, hilux or fortuner pero napaka-konti ang affected compare sa total sold units kaya gamble talaga. hit or miss ika nga nila.

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #727
    The older 2.5 and 3.0 liter D4Ds have had their share of supply pump problems.

    Toyota has come up with a supply pump upgrade which is installed on their current vehicle releases. We can only hope that it has solved the choking / hard start problems. This remains to be seen. Only time will tell.

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    68
    #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    The older 2.5 and 3.0 liter D4Ds have had their share of supply pump problems.

    Toyota has come up with a supply pump upgrade which is installed on their current vehicle releases. We can only hope that it has solved the choking / hard start problems. This remains to be seen. Only time will tell.

    Bro Dieseldude, when you sa current, what year nagumpisa? Kasama na kaya ang 2008?

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,335
    #729
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post
    Bro Dieseldude, when you sa current, what year nagumpisa? Kasama na kaya ang 2008?
    I am not sure on the period it started. Best thing would be to ask any Toyota dealer.

  10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    #730
    Sirs,

    Just a newbie here, i'm planning to acquire a 2010 Innova G M/T D4D, with what I have read in this thread I am now having double thoughts whether if I will pursue the purchase or not...Do you you guys think the TMP has already addressed this problem with the new innova model? meaning replaced the defective pump? or should I say is it already safe to say that it ok to get the innova 2010 model? Hoping for your advice...TIA

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)