New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    It would really needs substantial period of time in realizing certain plan like this. For example the Taiwan High Speed Rail. Planning and conceptualization stage of the project started on the early 1980's. Construction stage started in March 2000. Testing, commissioning and test/trial runs started in January 2005 and operation (for the entire line operations) started in March 2007. However, in other countries (e.g. China, which is a communist country) the length of materialization is much less as the country is not similar as the so called democracy countries.

BTW, our company constructed one package of the Taiwan High Speed Rail from 2000 ~ 2004 (civil works only)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    I hope that when they build the railway, they give some thought to the design of the train stations.

1) Aesthetically pleasing. Not like the ugly concrete box structures at EDSA. :down:

2) Located near a properly designed bus / jeepney terminal for hassle-free transfer from train to bus / jeepney / taxi and vice versa.

:please:
    1. it would most likely end up "aesthetically pleasing" as it needs to be as aerodynamic as possible if they expect it to reach 200kph

2. I reckon they'd consider that being a major mode of transport and all so it had to be strategically placed in order to create profit

the most likely problem they have to deal with if they plan on making the project cover the whole of luzon is the NPA and natural calamity
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    who will patronize this? will there be enough daily passengers to make it profitable?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if this north to south Luzon high speed rail transport becomes reality, it will take customers away from bus lines... even airlines

though it won't beat the speed of air travel, if a bullet train ticket from Manila to Ilocos Norte will cost less than half an airplane ticket, people will take the train
    Last edited by uls; March 30th, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    if it'll cost 600-1200 petot, people will indeed patronize it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    That would mean, no more bumpy ride and no air turbulence.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    It should be lower than what the domestic airlines are offering. For the shinkansen of Japan, medyo mahal just like the bullet train in Europe. But at least it will provide options to passengers and at the same time, it will serve as part of the eco-tourist attraction for the Philippines.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    personally, I think such project will materialize considering that it is done in a corporate level and run with profit in mind and I don't think the person behind it would let the whole thing go to waste if the project already started since it's his fortune on the line

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    personally, I think such project will materialize considering that it is done in a corporate level and run with profit in mind and I don't think the person behind it would let the whole thing go to waste if the project already started since it's his fortune on the line
    it's all our desire to see things like this to be a reality. i myself considers this kind of project more beneficial than those malls built by SM. but, hey don't get me wrong i also love to shop in modern malls

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok to, di na masyado magiging hassle mag set up ng business sa probinsiya kasi mabilisan na nag byahe, more businesses in rural areas means more employment,more employment in rural areas means lesser migration to the cities, less squatters.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
San Miguel  bullet train project