The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes of course.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb View Post
    do you think NPA is still existing by the time this project is finish.
    yes

there will always be NPA

powerful people are behind it

it's a multi-million peso per month racket

powerful interests make sure the racket will stay in place for decades to come

you really believe they're fighting for a cause?

they're nothing but extortionists

it's organized crime disguised as fighting for a cause

organized crime will never go away

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    SMC won't have to worry about the NPA... Kasi hindi naman matutuloy ito. Hanggang salita lang sila. Look at the past 20 projects they've announced -- how many are actually more than just talk?
    sir creepy, i can't bet on something i have little knowledge of

i don't really follow SMC

all i know is they have a venture with Qatar Tel which resulted in Wi Tribe (how's it doing?)

i heard about them going into power generation (what happened to that?)

looks like all they've done with their war chest is buy large stakes in public companies (Meralco, Petron)

they're behaving like a freaking hedge fund

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    BTW, there's an error in the article posted above

The Vietnam project is estimated to cost $56 million and may choose either the group of Sumitomo Corp. and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd, or Itochu Corp. and Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd, all Japanese companies, for the project. The two groups currently run lines in Japan similar to what would be built in Vietnam.
    $56 million?

projects like that run in the billions of dollars

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    The ongoing construction of expressway from Tarlac to La Union will help a lot already upon completion of the project. And the next plan to extend it all the way to Laoag will further make life easier for commuters.

How much more if you have the bullet train? Well, a plan always starts with a feasibility study. All common doubts will be considered during the pre-planning stage. Kaya let us wait for the outcome soon.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb View Post
    As planned, the bullet train railway will run the Laoag-Manila-Bicol route. As for the right-of-way acquisitions, Ang said this will be up to the government.
    When you put RIGHT OF WAY and GOVERNMENT in the same sentence, it means a Delay of 10-15 yrs.

Vietnam will beat us to it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taiwan already has an operational bullet train. I was able to ride in it last year when I was on a holiday tour there.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma^ride View Post
    The ongoing construction of expressway from Tarlac to La Union will help a lot already upon completion of the project. And the next plan to extend it all the way to Laoag will further make life easier for commuters.

How much more if you have the bullet train? Well, a plan always starts with a feasibility study. All common doubts will be considered during the pre-planning stage. Kaya let us wait for the outcome soon.

sa pagkaalam ko bullet train is maglev. heheh patawa 'tong SMC ordinary railroad tracks nga can cost a fortune from end to end tapos maglev pa hahah

if it's too good to be true, uminom na lang tayo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    sa pagkaalam ko bullet train is maglev. heheh patawa 'tong SMC ordinary railroad tracks nga can cost a fortune from end to end tapos maglev pa hahah

if it's too good to be true, uminom na lang tayo
    bullet train isnt magnetic levitation dude

bullet trains still use conventional railway tracks

old, existing tracks are just improved to handle high speed trains

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    amtrak naman sinasabi mo eh

kaya nga ti-nerm na "bullet train" is bec. of magnetic levitation almost the same speed as bullet.

alias nga lang yan bullet train to suggest to the laity that it is FASST, the real term is maglev.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
San Miguel  bullet train project