New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    amtrak naman sinasabi mo eh

kaya nga ti-nerm na "bullet train" is bec. of magnetic levitation almost the same speed as bullet.

alias nga lang yan bullet train to suggest to the laity that it is FASST, the real term is maglev.

Bullet trains use special tracks which are meant for high speed RAIL travel. Generally these rail tracks are smoother and straighter. On curved sections, the tracks are also tilted to negate centrifugal forces. These trains still run on wheels. These trains typically reach and exceed speeds of 200 kph.

Maglevs are vehicles designed on run on a specialized track based on magnetic attraction and repulsion for both levitation and propulsion. In asia, the only commercially operating maglev train is located at Shanghai, China operating between the airport and the city, cutting travel time by more than 50%.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007

kaya nga ti-nerm na "bullet train" is bec. of magnetic levitation almost the same speed as bullet.

alias nga lang yan bullet train to suggest to the laity that it is FASST, the real term is maglev.
    I think you are Drinking too Much. Check what you're saying.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

ok ka lang dude?

this is a maglev:

ay mali!

this is a maglev:

this is a bullet train:

see the difference dude?

bullet train = railroad tracks

maglev = not railroad tracks
    Last edited by uls; March 28th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm here in Tokyo right now, although I still haven't ridden the shinkansen/bullet train, I think what I see on the tracks of the shinkansen are railroad tracks and not maglev tracks.

Baka na sobrahan lang ng SMB yang si OB

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ok ka lang dude?

this is a maglev:

ay mali!

this is a maglev:

this is a bullet train:

see the difference dude?

bullet train = railroad tracks

maglev = not railroad tracks

hayyzzz sobrang nag-google ka pa to present all this to me. next thing you'll say maglev is not a train.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka na sobrahan lang ng SMB yang si OB

Hindi SMB. Elephant katol..........
    Last edited by chua_riwap; March 28th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Bullet trains use special tracks which are meant for high speed RAIL travel. Generally these rail tracks are smoother and straighter. On curved sections, the tracks are also tilted to negate centrifugal forces. These trains still run on wheels. These trains typically reach and exceed speeds of 200 kph.

Maglevs are vehicles designed on run on a specialized track based on magnetic attraction and repulsion for both levitation and propulsion. In asia, the only commercially operating maglev train is located at Shanghai, China operating between the airport and the city, cutting travel time by more than 50%.

Hahaha! Ang sarap sumakay riyan.... Pagsakay ko,- baba kaagad,- papuntang airport....

9606:hippie:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hayyzzz sobrang nag-google ka pa to present all this to me. next thing you'll say maglev is not a train.
    haha

wala yan

actually my post above was just an excuse to post monorail cat

favorite ko kasi si monorail cat

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^the cat that started all the lulz
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I hope that when they build the railway, they give some thought to the design of the train stations.

1) Aesthetically pleasing. Not like the ugly concrete box structures at EDSA. :down:

2) Located near a properly designed bus / jeepney terminal for hassle-free transfer from train to bus / jeepney / taxi and vice versa.

:please:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
San Miguel  bullet train project