New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    I don't think the ordinary public commuters will suffer and might very well be even be benefited by the reduced number of PUVs in EDSA. The remaining buses will be operating more efficiently and turnaround time will be much shorter. Passengers as well as private car owners will get to their destination faster.

As to the the displaced drivers, conductors of these PUVs, hindi naman siguro puro bobo yan na wala ng ibang alam na trabaho. The good ones will surely find other employments or start small businesses. The bad ones will at least have to stop their vicious vices like drugs and too much alcohol which probably explains their rude and reckless driving.

LTFRB plans the same thing to the jeepneys, which is some routes are worse than EDSA. They clog the streets and their terminals are soon converted into one huge toilet and attracts not only flies and pathogens but also human lowlifes or criminal elements. Jeepney is a sort of microcosm of the Filipino culture and represents the worst among us. Though it is as symbol of our past creative ingenuity it also shows how left behind we already are. Unfortunately, many among us still cling to these traditions and mindset. Erap knows this very well because the guy has the mind of a typical jeepney driver as well as many among pinoys and he is loved and voted by these types.

I highly doubt that. Experience has taught us that. Kung transport strike nga lang eh crippled and stranded na yung mga commuters natin, me included. Take note, even during the transport strike eh less than 30% ang mga actual PUV strikers pero ang lakas ng impact nila sa daily lives natin. Oo nga, wala ngang traffic PERO wala rin masakyan. How many transport strikes do we experience within a year? Around half a dozen maybe?!?

A faster turn-around time??? Same thing, charge it to experience. Nung time ng mga transport strikes mabilis nga ang biyahe pero di kaya ng PUV crew ang turnaround, di pa included yung mga shifts nila, morning, mid, night and earl am. Toxic yung mga puv drivers natin, stressed, tired and hence, more accident prone.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather the riding public endure a transport strike than risk their lives daily with mostly illiterate, reckless and unsafe bus drivers. Transport strike ba? The government through the LTFRB and the DOTC is empowered to take over a public utility and take possession of their buses when the situation calls for it and yes, the operators can probably sue but they won't be able to do a damned thing about it.

Wala lang talagang political will ang mga tauhan sa gobyerno na magkamay-bakal sa mga PUB/PUJ.

I'm sorry, but I feel absolutely no compassion towards people who's only justification for breaking traffic rules or any law for that matter is that "naghahanap-buhay lang po". That's an old and tired line. Find something more original please.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    I highly doubt that. Experience has taught us that. Kung transport strike nga lang eh crippled and stranded na yung mga commuters natin, me included. Take note, even during the transport strike eh less than 30% ang mga actual PUV strikers pero ang lakas ng impact nila sa daily lives natin. Oo nga, wala ngang traffic PERO wala rin masakyan. How many transport strikes do we experience within a year? Around half a dozen maybe?!?

A faster turn-around time??? Same thing, charge it to experience. Nung time ng mga transport strikes mabilis nga ang biyahe pero di kaya ng PUV crew ang turnaround, di pa included yung mga shifts nila, morning, mid, night and earl am. Toxic yung mga puv drivers natin, stressed, tired and hence, more accident prone.
    Transport strike and orderly reduction are not comparable at all. Your experience is definitely what the strikers wanted to happen, the most inconvenience to the public as possible. With a systematic long term delisting of jeepneys and buses based on a route to route study with the riding public welfare as priority, you might not even feel the difference on a daily basis. At most siguro baka ang mawawalang jeep or bus, eh, mga 1 - 2 percent lang every month.

I understand that a lot of us want an instant solution to problems that resulted from decades of negligence and government incompetence. But what Mr. Suansing is proposing or hopefully actually doing is for gradual reduction of PUV starting with the old, ill maintained, inefficient and polluting units first. I think, he is one of the smarter ones in government who would not go for instant solution for short term results just to get political pogi points, I really hope not.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    why don't they just bring back double-decker buses just like in hong kong? of course, as long as infrastructure can support them, you'd be virtually doubling seating.

also, i really think we need to build more LRTs...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mass transport solution all through out metropolis could answer horrible traffic problems. I admire german train stations work effectively transporting people from one station to the other ON TIME.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rael View Post
    why don't they just bring back double-decker buses just like in hong kong? of course, as long as infrastructure can support them, you'd be virtually doubling seating.

also, i really think we need to build more LRTs...
    Double deckers used to run through EDSA during Cory's time but are now unsuitable for Philippine roads. With all those low placed aerial utility conduits criscrossing our roads, its impossible for those buses yo get anywhere. MRTs is really the way to go.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    When Mr. Suansing was still the LTO chief, he established his reputation by personally involving his self in enforcing LTO laws on the streets. Apprehending an off-duty policeman who used "wang wang" while driving his Revo, penalizing a taxi driver for not using the meter (kontrata), and many more...

Now that he is the LTFRB chief, Mr. Suansing is intensifying his drive to limit the number of buses along EDSA (5000 units to 1000 units), especially the colorum units. Sobrang sikip na kasi ang EDSA at hindi maikakaila na mga buses ang dahilan. Kulang na lang at gawin nilang paradahan ang EDSA. Not to mention their barbaric way of driving and close-to-unsanitary conditions of their buses. Ngayon nga lang ay 80% na ng buses sa EDSA ang nawala sa takot nilang mahuli. Ganuon karami ang colorum buses!

It's not surprising to hear some oppositions regarding this move, especially from Claire dela Fuente. Mawawalan daw ng trabaho ang 8000 employees nila. E paano naman yung daan-libong napeperwisyo sa trapik (at aksidente) na gawa nila?! I can still recall Ms. dela Fuente's statement years ago: " Public Utlility vehicles only comprises 5% of the total vehicles in the Metro. How can they cause traffic? Blame the private vehicles for it!" Is she stupid or something?

Ang batas ay batas! Ms. dela Fuente should shut up. Moreover, this IMBOA president has only 10 buses with no garage... contrary to her permit to operate dozens.

Sana isali ni Mr. Suansing ang mga PUJ at trikes. Dito sa QC ay marami ang may lowered sidecars (matagtag & hataw magpatakbo) at grabe maningil ... 15 pesos! Although trikes are not covered by LTFRB (sa pagkaalam ko) kasi local government ang may jurisdiction sa kanila, sana makalabit ng kaunti ang mga mayors natin.

Ang hiling ko lang ay sana hindi matanggal dyan si Mr. Suansing. Sigurado kasing may mga nasasagasaan siyang mga personalidad na may mga kapit sa "itaas".

Mr. Suansing, kakampi nyo po ang maraming mamamayan na may gusto sa pagbabagong ginagawa nyo. We strongly support your actions!

I agree with this. Claire de Fuente was actually caught involve in sabit franchise after a few days justifying her illogical reasoning in umagagng kay ganda show at abs cbn haha

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Double deckers used to run through EDSA during Cory's time but are now unsuitable for Philippine roads. With all those low placed aerial utility conduits criscrossing our roads, its impossible for those buses yo get anywhere. MRTs is really the way to go.
    Double decker busses can and should be used in our country. Just with little limitation, like they could be used in EDSA, Highways, and other large roads or places without those low bridges. While the single decker busses for those places where the double deckers can't go to..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    tataob lang yun mga 2x deckers na yan with how those a$sholes drive...

nun bata pa ako may ganun sa may mercury sa escolta. love bus ata yun. it was always fun riding those...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Double decker busses can and should be used in our country. Just with little limitation, like they could be used in EDSA, Highways, and other large roads or places without those low bridges. While the single decker busses for those places where the double deckers can't go to..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast