New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Trains mean government subsidy for the train system... otherwise it will just deteriorate and break down over time... much like what happened to the PNR... it's either the government subsidizes each passenger's ticket, or they charge them twice what PUV drivers charge them.

Initially, I was happy at the planned reduction... but lately, I've come to realize that what's needed more is a restructuring and reorganization of the transport sector. A total, no-holds barred crackdown on colorum vehicles (crusher, maybe? ), even heftier fines for improper loading and unloading... the imposition of mandatory rear doors on jeeps to prevent passengers from getting on and off wherever they feel like it (so the drivers can't claim it's the passengers' fault... and when the door opens when they're not in lane... huli!) and the appointment of route oversight groups that will monitor the flow and demand on each route and deploy jeeps and/or buses to strategically cover the demand.

What we need is not just vehicular reduction. What we need is discipline... both for public and for private vehicles. Without this, no amount of vehicle reduction will solve the endemic traffic problem in the metro.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    Double decker busses can and should be used in our country. Just with little limitation, like they could be used in EDSA, Highways, and other large roads or places without those low bridges. While the single decker busses for those places where the double deckers can't go to..
    With the way MMDA is building those low "obscene" footbridges along out major roads including EDSA, it would be uneconomical to tear them all down just for a few double deck buses. Sigh..I miss those double deck buses in Hong Kong.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    With the way MMDA is building those low "obscene" footbridges along out major roads including EDSA, it would be uneconomical to tear them all down just for a few double deck buses. Sigh..I miss those double deck buses in Hong Kong.
    Bayani should and could raise those bridges, its just takes proper logistics and management.. Those cheapskates.

*Niky
    I agree, but how do you think the gov't should implement those??
    We at tsikot should write a petition and pass this in our gov't ala union.. =]
    Now is there anybody who has experience in doing this? =p

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ei guys,,,may nakapagtry na ba na magtxt sa LTFRB(yung nakadisplay na cp# sa mga PUV)? at ireklamo yung mga wreckless driver na yan? Si Suansing din ba nagpasimula nun?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    ei guys,,,may nakapagtry na ba na magtxt sa LTFRB(yung nakadisplay na cp# sa mga PUV)? at ireklamo yung mga wreckless driver na yan? Si Suansing din ba nagpasimula nun?
    I did several times to report erring jeepneys and buses but there's wasn't even an acknowledgment or anything. I also tried their online complaint and was told to personally bring my complaints with proof to LTFRB. I just forgot all about it. All these were supposed to make it easier to file a complaint but in actuality created an additional step to the already slow and ineffective process.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay nga si Mr. Suansing. Kagabi napanood ko sa GNN. Meron daw itong kamaganak na gusto himingi ng rights na pumasada sa isang lugar (I guess ito ang franchise na sinasabi). Ang kaso, puno na ng jeep ang route na gusto ng kamaganak ni Suansing. Being the chief of LTFRB, akala siguro ng mga kamaganak - lapit na lang tayo kay koyang. Wrong, hindi binigyan ng prankisa ang kamaganak. Ang sagot daw ni Suansing sa kamaganak nya "magtinda ka na lang ng puto" Walang kamakamaganak sa mama na 'to.

Keep up the good work sir. We salute you :clap1:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sana ibalik na lang yung Love Bus....

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Love Bus lolz! Pamasahe nyan dati is P5.00 lang pero luxury na yan noon :hihihi:

BTT:
    Mabuting tao talaga yan si Suansing. Hail to the Chief!
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; January 12th, 2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: speling

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Love Bus lolz! Pamasahe nyan dati is P5.00 lang pero luxury na yan noon :hihihi:

BTT:
    Mabuting tao talaga yan si Suansing. Hail to the Chief!

+1
    all hail

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    eto, siguro binata pa dito si Tata Alberto.... Long Live Sir Suansing!

Quiapo Rocks!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast