New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 267
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,498
    #241
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    There aren't many who've PMU'd. That's an archived pic. Initially it was cast an anomaly...but repeated use & inspection on a bud's found it wasn't. This was about 5years ago. Bad batch? I hope. Corrected? I sure hope so. Just check upon every PMS. PMUs are generally bang4buck/bite.
    EBC in the early 2000s also had bad batches where pads sheared. I had 1st hand failure on Greens way back(archived pic of my rear green below, half sheared off). Retried them lately, so far, they've been w/o problems. Keeping an eye on them. Reds bite better & cleaner.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    on our assembled AUV... we only use "bonded" brake pads.. you just bring your worn out pad, they will put in a new pad and your good to go.. sometimes you can swap your old pad with a newly bonded pad.. no problems encountered.. hehe

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,175
    #242
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    on our assembled AUV... we only use "bonded" brake pads.. you just bring your worn out pad, they will put in a new pad and your good to go.. sometimes you can swap your old pad with a newly bonded pad.. no problems encountered.. hehe
    Hehe.Thanks!Brake Pad Thread [Merged] + Rivets?Brake Pad Thread [Merged]No, thanks! Besides, those in pic were long gone.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    340
    #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That's nasty



    I knew they were good but I didn't think they'd be better than EBC. EBC claims their Greenstuff is better than OEM. Maybe they're talking about another OEM supplier. Maybe EBC's Yellowstuff would do better vs the OE Akebonos but those pads are a lot more expensive.
    There are actually a lot of OEM suppliers, literally all the time aftermarket brake manufacturers like EBC and other aftermarket brakes brands claim they are better than OEM. But it really goes down to the overall braking system characteristics are they the most efficient not only in braking power and fade? But also for stopping power, fade resistance, noise, pad life, rotor life, low dust & are the materials they use environmentally friendly.

    OEMs know the braking specification and materials required by the car manufacturers while aftermarket brands only produce their materials based on what they know.
    OEMs in reality can produce high braking power brake pads but they chose to be stable in all of the braking characteristics.

    Also did EBC should be comparing their EBC Greenstuff with the higher end produced by Akebono which is Performance Ultra Premium brake pads not the Akebono PROACT Ultra Premium brake pads.

    Comparisons should be apples vs. apples segment

    performance-ultra-premium-ceramic-brake-pads_1.jpg

    VS.

    ebc-greenstuff-brake-pads-bmw-e90-e84-e89.jpg

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    340
    #244
    News:

    Advics has launched a lower standard brake pads that they are outsourcing probably from China or etc... and not from any Advics or Aisin internal companies & factories. But they are completely outsourcing outside for Advics Brake Star which has a yellow color packaging it is meant for the lower market since it is cheaper than Bendix by almost half, the problem is that the brake pads eats through rotors faster than any other brands.

    Aisin now has shifted all their aftermarket products by outsourcing from different companies in China especially their water pumps, brake master assembly, brake booster assembly, clutch master assembly, wheel cylinder and etc...

    Overall the Aisin-Advics aftermarket has completely change their quality for all their auto parts and is NO LONGER OEM QUALITY.

    Aisin is now the same as the Federal Mogul brand which focuses its aftermarket products by just buying from different factories abroad, repacking in their brand and selling them at a very low price.

    They are just using their Aisin-Advics trademark logo but the products are not coming from Aisin-Advics factories themselves.

    72917120_117330156349810_3569813994225008640_o.jpg

    64825830_1326614137487002_4318491072398360576_o.jpg

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,498
    #245
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hehe.Thanks!Brake Pad Thread [Merged] + Rivets?Brake Pad Thread [Merged]No, thanks! Besides, those in pic were long gone.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    no rivets sir.. they said they use "sumitomo" brand for the lining and they have that special bonding glue for it.. i think they bake it to cure the glue.. coz when we have our pads serviced we get them fresh and hot from the oven! i think they also replace brake shoe for trucks and clutch disc and use rivets aside from the glue..

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,738
    #246
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    News:

    Advics has launched a lower standard brake pads that they are outsourcing probably from China or etc... and not from any Advics or Aisin internal companies & factories. But they are completely outsourcing outside for Advics Brake Star which has a yellow color packaging it is meant for the lower market since it is cheaper than Bendix by almost half, the problem is that the brake pads eats through rotors faster than any other brands.

    Aisin now has shifted all their aftermarket products by outsourcing from different companies in China especially their water pumps, brake master assembly, brake booster assembly, clutch master assembly, wheel cylinder and etc...

    Overall the Aisin-Advics aftermarket has completely change their quality for all their auto parts and is NO LONGER OEM QUALITY.

    Aisin is now the same as the Federal Mogul brand which focuses its aftermarket products by just buying from different factories abroad, repacking in their brand and selling them at a very low price.

    They are just using their Aisin-Advics trademark logo but the products are not coming from Aisin-Advics factories themselves.

    72917120_117330156349810_3569813994225008640_o.jpg

    64825830_1326614137487002_4318491072398360576_o.jpg
    question lang not to familiar with advics. is that company a subsidiary of Aisin? Thanks

    reminds me of some euro cars. kada 2-3palit ng brake pads palit na ng rotor. kulang na sa minimum thickness.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    340
    #247
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    question lang not to familiar with advics. is that company a subsidiary of Aisin? Thanks

    reminds me of some euro cars. kada 2-3palit ng brake pads palit na ng rotor. kulang na sa minimum thickness.
    Advics is a subsidiary and sub-brand of Aisin for the braking parts. But the problem is all of their parts are outsourced from China and etc... factories which they do not operate under Aisin, they created this sales company in Singapore which is Aisin Aftermarket which handles all of the aftermarket products of Aisin & Advics by outsourcing from cheaper factories abroad then packing it into Aisin and Advics boxes.

    Aisin water pumps & fan clutch - from a Chinese domestic factory and just laser printed or stamped printed the Aisin logo on the water pumps & fan clutch instead of the original factory Aisin water pumps which is embossed.
    Aisin lubricants - from a South Korean manufacturer.
    Aisin coolants - from a Japanese domestic manufacturer.
    Aisin oil filters - from a Chinese domestic factory.
    Advics brake pads & shoe - from a Chinese, Taiwanese and etc... domestic factory.
    Advics brake master assembly, brake booster assembly, clutch master assembly, clutch slave assembly, oil pump assembly & etc... are all sourced from a Chinese and etc... domestic factories' products are either laser printed with the Advics logo or some items like brake booster assembly they just put the Advics sticker on the products.

    Lastly I heard that Aisin is planning to sell steering suspension parts like Sankei-555, but they are just going to outsource the parts from China or Taiwan depending.
    Kayaba/KYB has also launched several products which they do not produce in their factories, like coil spring & shock mounting is being outsourced in Thailand, then the newly launched steering suspension parts are just being bought by Kayaba/KYB from Taiwan.

    Aisin has shifted its focus on the mid-low up to the lower market segment of the aftermarket's market.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,738
    #248
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Advics is a subsidiary and sub-brand of Aisin for the braking parts. But the problem is all of their parts are outsourced from China and etc... factories which they do not operate under Aisin, they created this sales company in Singapore which is Aisin Aftermarket which handles all of the aftermarket products of Aisin & Advics by outsourcing from cheaper factories abroad then packing it into Aisin and Advics boxes.

    Aisin water pumps & fan clutch - from a Chinese domestic factory and just laser printed or stamped printed the Aisin logo on the water pumps & fan clutch instead of the original factory Aisin water pumps which is embossed.
    Aisin lubricants - from a South Korean manufacturer.
    Aisin coolants - from a Japanese domestic manufacturer.
    Aisin oil filters - from a Chinese domestic factory.
    Advics brake pads & shoe - from a Chinese, Taiwanese and etc... domestic factory.
    Advics brake master assembly, brake booster assembly, clutch master assembly, clutch slave assembly, oil pump assembly & etc... are all sourced from a Chinese and etc... domestic factories' products are either laser printed with the Advics logo or some items like brake booster assembly they just put the Advics sticker on the products.

    Lastly I heard that Aisin is planning to sell steering suspension parts like Sankei-555, but they are just going to outsource the parts from China or Taiwan depending.
    Kayaba/KYB has also launched several products which they do not produce in their factories, like coil spring & shock mounting is being outsourced in Thailand, then the newly launched steering suspension parts are just being bought by Kayaba/KYB from Taiwan.

    Aisin has shifted its focus on the mid-low up to the lower market segment of the aftermarket's market.
    Thanks very nice read.

    Kaso di kaya pagsisihan ng aisin yan long term kung wala sa standards yun outsourcing partners nila? at baka kapag nag lapse yun partnership nila baka it will come back to bite them in the butt In terms of flooding of counterfeit products?

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    340
    #249
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Thanks very nice read.

    Kaso di kaya pagsisihan ng aisin yan long term kung wala sa standards yun outsourcing partners nila? at baka kapag nag lapse yun partnership nila baka it will come back to bite them in the butt In terms of flooding of counterfeit products?
    Aisin aftermarket naman yan which is a very very small portion of their OEM business to car manufacturers. May ibang suppliers nila na nagsalita na sila ang nagsusupply sa Aisin-Advics ng products na binebenta na products for the aftermarket. Nagshift ng focus yung aftermarket ni Aisin to target the budget meal market ng China, Southeast Asia & other developing countries. Maybe Aisin is eyeing the long term aftermarket mainly on the lower market segment like C, D & E car owners. Can you believe Aisin is producing engine oil, coolants, steering suspension and even filters? They are becoming more of a private label like Federal Mogul where they just use their brand's reputation in selling products which they have no experience in selling before.

  10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    35
    #250
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Aisin aftermarket naman yan which is a very very small portion of their OEM business to car manufacturers. May ibang suppliers nila na nagsalita na sila ang nagsusupply sa Aisin-Advics ng products na binebenta na products for the aftermarket. Nagshift ng focus yung aftermarket ni Aisin to target the budget meal market ng China, Southeast Asia & other developing countries. Maybe Aisin is eyeing the long term aftermarket mainly on the lower market segment like C, D & E car owners. Can you believe Aisin is producing engine oil, coolants, steering suspension and even filters? They are becoming more of a private label like Federal Mogul where they just use their brand's reputation in selling products which they have no experience in selling before.
    I am not sure kung ganon na kababa ang quality ng lahat product ng Advics. Example na lang sa brake master cylinder ng toyota revo ko. A toyota brand na gawa ng aisin japan cost 12k, yung Advics brand nasa P3,300, while yung FIC na may tatak pa na made in japan nasa 2,800, while yung mga taiwan brand nasa P1,800. I dont think nag price ang Advics just by its brand they also consider the quality. eto copy paste na lang corporate history for reference.

    Corporate History
    July 2001 Established ADVICS CO., LTD.
    October 2001 Started business.
    January 2002 Established ADVICS North America, Inc. in U.S.A.
    April 2003 Acquired two production bases in U.S.A from Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
    (ADVICS Manufacturing Ohio, Inc. and SAFA, L.L.C.)
    May 2003 Established ADVICS Asia Pacific Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
    August 2003 Established PT. ADVICS INDONESIA in Indonesia.
    February 2004 Established ADVICS Tianjin Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. in China.
    July 2004 Constructed the building of head office.
    Established Corporate Philasophy and Environmental Policy.
    November 2004
    Established ADVICS Guangzhou Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. in China.
    January 2005 Acquired ISO14001 Certification.
    December 2005 Established ADVICS Taiwan Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. in Taiwan.
    January 2007 Established ADVICS VISION 2015.
    April 2008 Established ADVICS EUROPE OFFICE in Belgium.
    Acquired aftermarket parts sales company from Sumitomo Electric Indudtries, Ltd. (S&E Brakes, Inc.)
    July 2008 ADVICS Tianjin Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. merged with Tianjin AISIN Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.
    April 2010 Acquired Kariya Plant and AS Brake Systems Inc. from Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
    July 2010 Acquired production bases in U.S.A from Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
    (ADVICS Manufacturing Indiana, L.L.C.)
    June 2011 Established ADVICS Changzhou Administration Co., Ltd. in China.
    July 2011 Established ADVICS Europe GmbH in Germany.
    Established ADVICS Fuzhou Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. in China.
    December 2011 Established ADVICS Manufacturing (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
    April 2012 Established ADVICS Yunfu Automobile Parts Co., Ltd. in China.
    August 2012 Established ADVICS North India Private Limited and ADVICS South India Private Limited in India.
    September 2012 Acquired ISO9001, ISO/TS16949 Certification.
    November 2013 Awarded the Deming Prize.
    February 2014 Established ADVICS Automotiva Latin America LTDA. in Brazil.
    Established ADVICS South Africa (Pty) Ltd. in South Africa.
    March 2014 Established ADVICS Manufacturing Czech s.r.o. in Czech Republic.
    June 2014 Established PT ADVICS MANUFACTURING INDONESIA in Indonesia.
    October 2014 Established ADVICS Manufacturing Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V. in Mexico.
    June 2015 Constructed the building of Technical center.
    January 2016 Constructed the Handa Plant.
    February 2018 Acquired a third-party allocation of new shares from HOSEI BRAKE INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
    April 2018 HOSEI BRAKE took over the drum brake business of Nisshinbo Brake Inc.(AH Brake Co., Ltd.)

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]