New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    5.5 year PMS ko kahapon, 54k+ odo. Findings sa brake pads ko eh 4mm na lang daw. For replacement na daw sa next PMS sa December and refacing na rin daw ng rotor. Was wondering if sulit na ba? 54k+ odo before replacing the stock pads?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Do you see score marks on the rotor?

If you still have 4mm of pad then presumably there's no metal-to-metal contact yet and I don't see why they need to reface your rotor.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung humuhuni na upon braking, please have brakes checked and cleaned first. You would then if the pads needs replacement. If you have been running for over 30k km on same pads, I guess they will need replacement if you hear high-pitch sounds upon braking.

Wala man 1k yung brake cleaning in most car shops. Peace of mind with a small cost is better than resurfacing or replacing your brake rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    5.5 year PMS ko kahapon, 54k+ odo. Findings sa brake pads ko eh 4mm na lang daw. For replacement na daw sa next PMS sa December and refacing na rin daw ng rotor. Was wondering if sulit na ba? 54k+ odo before replacing the stock pads?
    4 mm? palitan na, po.

if the car is beyond the warranty period,
    i bring mine to banawe (or whatever your friendly mechanico-auto parts shop is), for break pad replacement. the mekanikos there will advise you if the rotor needs re-facing or not.
    puedeng hintayin; about one hour kung walang pila.
    and i am confident, you will spend less than half of what the casa will charge you, and no waiting time pah.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I dont advise on rotor reface unless its da one machine where the refacing will be done while the rotor is attached on the hub.

If the rotor have deep marks na.. better to replace na lang.. refacing and new rotor price almost same.. powerplus brand is good.. with factory coating.. the edges will not rust like the oem

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Ung sa amin, 130K kms, almost 9 years, bago pinalitan ang stock pads and shoes. Inantay ko ung screeching sound pero hindi ko narinig nor felt the metal-to-metal. Pinalitan ko na lang. Hindi rin ni-reface ang rotors so siguro maayos pa. Kaya nagtataka ako sa mga 30K/40K kms nagpapalit na ng pads.

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    Ung sa amin, 130K kms, almost 9 years, bago pinalitan ang stock pads and shoes. Inantay ko ung screeching sound pero hindi ko narinig nor felt the metal-to-metal. Pinalitan ko na lang. Hindi rin ni-reface ang rotors so siguro maayos pa. Kaya nagtataka ako sa mga 30K/40K kms nagpapalit na ng pads.

"advice siguro ng service adviser". heh heh.

truly, the definition of PMS can sometimes be stretched to different lengths.

tekateka...
    baka naman, puro long highway drives ang trip ninyo, kaya malaki mileage in between breaking events.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 12th, 2022 at 10:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "advice siguro ng service adviser". heh heh.

truly, the definition of PMS can sometimes be stretched to different lengths.

tekateka...
    baka naman, puro long highway drives ang trip ninyo, kaya malaki mileage in between breaking events.
    Metro Manila driving lang, Doc. Ang daily route ko ay Las Piñas/Parañaque to Maynila, and back.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post

I replaced my stock pads several years ago I think it reach 40-50k only and I have been using replacement pads from then on and every 20-30k I have to replaced it.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    4 mm? palitan na, po.

if the car is beyond the warranty period,
    i bring mine to banawe (or whatever your friendly mechanico-auto parts shop is), for break pad replacement. the mekanikos there will advise you if the rotor needs re-facing or not.
    puedeng hintayin; about one hour kung walang pila.
    and i am confident, you will spend less than half of what the casa will charge you, and no waiting time pah.
    Beyond warranty na doc. Nagchecheck na ko ng shop around Pasig na maayos gumawa kung sakali.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Do you see score marks on the rotor?

If you still have 4mm of pad then presumably there's no metal-to-metal contact yet and I don't see why they need to reface your rotor.
    I googled for rotor score marks and parang ganun yung itsura na ng sa akin. Yung mga pabilog na guhit sa disk.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung humuhuni na upon braking, please have brakes checked and cleaned first. You would then if the pads needs replacement. If you have been running for over 30k km on same pads, I guess they will need replacement if you hear high-pitch sounds upon braking.

Wala man 1k yung brake cleaning in most car shops. Peace of mind with a small cost is better than resurfacing or replacing your brake rotors.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kapag braking from let's say 50 kph and medyo madiin ang preno, may sound na yung para bang wooden cabinet na hinihila sa makinis na sahig.

BTW, bacback read ako hanggang sa previous years and parang walang nabanggit dito tungkol sa brand ng brake pads na gamit sa mobilio. Nagsearch ako and it seems Nissin ata ang gamit nila.

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]