New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's a game that takes skill both in the game itself and in training. That's why I like soccer along with basketball. Basketball takes skill (dribbling, shooting)with the upper body while soccer takes skill (kicking, dribbling, juggling) with the lower half.

Watching soccer games on tv is pretty boring sometimes because the cameras are too far away most of the time unlike in basketball which has a smaller playing area.

But, yup. Soccer is number one for me especially South American soccer. Gotta love em announcers when a goal is scored.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAL! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAL!

Example is this even though the team which scored is South Korea:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkIGO2UA-u8"]YouTube- Soccer Announcer Goal[/ame]
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2010 at 08:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Each time Messi handles the ball looks like a highlight reel. I don't watch soccer that much but damn, that guy got skills.

It's also fun watching coach Maradona cringe, worry and whine like a kid during a game.

post is not complete with another ***y fan. This one's from Argentina

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In Youtube, you could find a lot of goals made in slow motion. Hanep talaga ang ball control!

Plus, iba talaga when watching sa TV vs. the stadium. Full of excitement talaga kapag may nag-attempt lang. Try watching with friends, those that appreciate football.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    what's good with football is that it has no height advantage like in basketball. its purely skills, strength and stamina. south korea beat greece 2-0 and last night north korea held their own against one of the favorites brazil. the brazilians cannot easily penetrate the "red robots" as what the analysts called the north koreans, though they lost 2-1.

BTW, nice pics of the fans keep it coming

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, i tried playing it once during college, overflowing stamina kelangan. Biruin mo isang sipa lang ng kalaban, layu na ulit tatakbuhin mo para dalhin balik ang bola sa goal :rofl: . At kelangan dito hindi maarte at hindi takot umitim, dahil bilad sa araw most of the time... eto talaga ang ultimate outdoors sport. Kaya siguro hindi naapreciate ng mga noypi tung sport natu... di tulad ng mga egoy sa africa, natural na maitim na sila... yung mga yellow at white race... mukang dehins naman tinatablan ng araw. Kaya panu mo nga naman maapreciate yung larung hindi talaga adopted sa mga whitening products loving race na tulad natin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Tsaka, not a lot of footbal fields (for public use) in the Philippines either.....

Yung mga schools naman na may football fields lang like UST, LaSalle Taft/Greenhills, Don Bosco,...ano pa ba? ULTRA, Rizal Mem. Coliseum to name a few.

Di tulad ng basketball, lagay ka ng ring/board sa poste....talu-talo na.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maliban sa Pinoys meron ding isang malaking grupo ng tao na ayaw sa soccer. AMERICANS!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Naglalaro ako neto nung elementary, pero tama yung comment na ayaw umitim, nung na conscious nako sa itiman nag basketball nalang ako nung igh school

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There's plenty of soccer fields in the US. Every school and fairground have them. So, there are many people (mostly kids and students) who play them as a recreational sport. It's just not very popular as a professional sport. But there is a core of homegrown talent and there are regions in the US where soccer is popular. Otherwise, how else would the US qualify for the World Cup if it wasn't popular at all?

Hopefully my youngest daughter makes the US Women's National Team someday since she's taking to the sport at a very young age. But, I could always dream.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 17th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post

Ganda nung lalagyan ng cellphone nya.......

Naka-vibrate mode kasi iyan, bro... :naughty2:

Tried this sport in college with my batchmates.... I can appreciate the celebration for each goal they make....

10.1K:mop:

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
What's so good about soccer? (World Cup)