New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 164 of 496 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4952
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    236
    #1631
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I know it's just me but I always connect seiko with OFWs. Parang seiko lagi suot ng mga galing sa Saudi diba?

    I saw the Oris BC3 last weekend sa greenbelt. Asking roommate to.buy or for me.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing wrong with that. You wear your watch for you, not for anybody else. But check out seiko's higher end models. Sobrang wide kasi ng range nila from entry level to super premium.

    Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,498
    #1632
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I know it's just me but I always connect seiko with OFWs. Parang seiko lagi suot ng mga galing sa Saudi diba?

    De rigueur yan sa mga OFW dati.

    Seiko 5 or Seiko Divers
    Gold ring and necklace
    Maong jacket and pants (Levi's of course)
    And Ray Ban's (gold din ang frame)

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,006
    #1633
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. You wear your watch for you, not for anybody else. But check out seiko's higher end models. Sobrang wide kasi ng range nila from entry level to super premium.

    Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    Didn't say it's wrong I just did I always associated seiko with OFWs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,592
    #1634
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Hmmm that's a hard one as both are lookers. I'm a minimalist so probably the 4205 for me. The skx007's dial is a bit busier with the longer minute markers. Apart from that it'll be a toss up on how they feel on the wrist and how the crystal looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    The 4205 is considerably smaller, so if you prefer smaller watches id go with the vintage Not familiar with the 4205 movement though. The 7s26 on the skx is a workhorse and is known to last several years before needing a maintenance.

    Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    The 4205 uses a 4205 movement so it's not the same as that on the bigger divers. I'm wondering if it's as durable as the 7S26 movement. I don't plan to subject the watch to too much abuse, maybe 3x a week use for both office and field use.

    The 37mm case seems perfect since I like the 37mm case on my SNK809.



    Just wondering though if I should go for a classic like the SKX007 or a left-field option like the 4205.

    SKX007 - more durable (?), more common, easier to service, more renowned, but bigger face

    4205 - better size to my liking, but age and less common movement might mean more difficult servicing

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21,443
    #1635
    Horrrrorogy is alive

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    990
    #1636
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The 4205 uses a 4205 movement so it's not the same as that on the bigger divers. I'm wondering if it's as durable as the 7S26 movement. I don't plan to subject the watch to too much abuse, maybe 3x a week use for both office and field use.

    The 37mm case seems perfect since I like the 37mm case on my SNK809.



    Just wondering though if I should go for a classic like the SKX007 or a left-field option like the 4205.

    SKX007 - more durable (?), more common, easier to service, more renowned, but bigger face

    4205 - better size to my liking, but age and less common movement might mean more difficult servicing

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Better get the orient ray 2. Skx 007 only last less 20 hours of reserve time.

    Seiko SKX007 VS Orient Ray 2 - Battle of the $200 Dive Watches - Links in Description - YouTube
    Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,880
    #1637
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I know it's just me but I always connect seiko with OFWs. Parang seiko lagi suot ng mga galing sa Saudi diba?
    i've worked in mideast but not in SA. Rado yung karamihan nakikita ko sa mga kabayans. i don't own one though

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,030
    #1638
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Is seiko better than Oris?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I know it's just me but I always connect seiko with OFWs. Parang seiko lagi suot ng mga galing sa Saudi diba?

    I saw the Oris BC3 last weekend sa greenbelt. Asking roommate to.buy or for me.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't say better bro. Seiko is more affordable but also more respected by enthusiasts. Oris is more upmarket but not as popular.

    Di ba mahal sa Greenbelt? Come to think of it, anything Swiss mahal dito. Basta dala ng Lucerne hehe.

    I always compare their prices to reputable gray market sellers like Jomashop to get an idea how much more they charge for the watch.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,030
    #1639
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The 4205 uses a 4205 movement so it's not the same as that on the bigger divers. I'm wondering if it's as durable as the 7S26 movement. I don't plan to subject the watch to too much abuse, maybe 3x a week use for both office and field use.

    The 37mm case seems perfect since I like the 37mm case on my SNK809.



    Just wondering though if I should go for a classic like the SKX007 or a left-field option like the 4205.

    SKX007 - more durable (?), more common, easier to service, more renowned, but bigger face

    4205 - better size to my liking, but age and less common movement might mean more difficult servicing

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    At this point I have to admit I don't know much about Sieko movements. But from the watches family members have owned, in general Seiko movements don't do any worse than their Swiss ETA counterparts when it comes to durability. They seem more durable actually.

    Sorry am not much help hehe

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,592
    #1640
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    Better get the orient ray 2. Skx 007 only last less 20 hours of reserve time.

    Seiko SKX007 VS Orient Ray 2 - Battle of the $200 Dive Watches - Links in Description - YouTube
    Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I know they're cousins but I just generally prefer the Seiko brand more than Orient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    At this point I have to admit I don't know much about Sieko movements. But from the watches family members have owned, in general Seiko movements don't do any worse than their Swiss ETA counterparts when it comes to durability. They seem more durable actually.

    Sorry am not much help hehe
    I just really don't wanna make the mistake again of spending money on a watch with no pedigree. Bought a Fossil watch before as a gift because it looked nice. I didn't know that I could've gotten a Seiko Diver for the same price.

    I don't know if the 4205 is in the same league as the 6309s, 7002s, and 007s.

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 12th, 2017 at 05:40 PM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]