New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 214 of 678 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2914634
    You think so
    Many like it or more valuable

"obviously, you haven't experienced the situation before."

"the best time to sell, is when someone wants to buy."

happy holidays, sir.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 1st, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    You have more to experience in life specially if you never left the comfort zone of your life son.
    Happy New year

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Some of my friends never made it home and never celebrated their next birthday. That's makes you and me lucky.
    Peace brother.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I got curious as to how small the watch enthusiast community really is. WUS estimates around 0.02% of the population.

Seems about right. Just for kicks, I checked out the TipidPC forums and the 0.02% seems to check out - the only watch thread there has about 10 replies per year, and mostly of fashion watches and at most a Tag. PEx was a bit more active, and I was pleasantly surprised to see *K.I.L.L. there very, very active and was basically the watch guru for everyone else. Interestingly, it seems that Tsikot comes out second to PWC in terms of activity in watch discussions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    tipidpc

how many have 12threads gtx1080 and 32gb ram and m.2 ssds. 😅

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    tipidpc

how many have 12threads gtx1080 and 32gb ram and m.2 ssds. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    My biggest pet peeve in TPC was how these students had rigs costing north of 100k and would upgrade them yearly. Tapos makikita mo nagaaral sa STI. Nasayangan ako, sana pinang-tuition nalang sa good school so that they can set themselves up for a better future where they don't have to ask money from their parents to fund their hobby.

But then again, their money, their rules.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    My biggest pet peeve in TPC was how these students had rigs costing north of 100k and would upgrade them yearly. Tapos makikita mo nagaaral sa STI. Nasayangan ako, sana pinang-tuition nalang sa good school so that they can set themselves up for a better future where they don't have to ask money from their parents to fund their hobby.

Maybe drug money bay! Who knows,some of us do whatever it takes to be recognized. You'll never know.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think watch appreciation is a learned and expensive hobby.
    and if one takes a look at just how difficult it is to read some of these uber-expensive timepieces...
    sabi nga ng isa, "at that price, telling time is not the raison de etre."
    more of, "appreciation of engineering marvels on your wrist".
    I read in a Hodinkee article before, there are basically 2 kinds of luxury watch buyers.

The first one are the enthusiasts - people who can actually differentiate between different versions of the same model, people who understand and care about movements underneath, people who know the history and heritage of brands and models.

The second group is the broader market - they have money, so they buy nice things. They have a taste for luxury and don't mind paying for statements and things that sing to them.

"Appreciation of engineering marvels" I think applies mainly to the first group.

Come to think of it, this segmentation applies to most gadgets - watches, cars, cameras, computers. There are the spec geeks, and then there are the people who don't pay much mind to the movement of their Submariner, the 0-100 times of their 5-series, the sensor of the 5D mk IV, or the CPU model of their Macbook Pro.

Snobs will simply look down on these non spec-savvy buyers, but the head honchos of these luxury goods companies know how much value the mainstream market brings to them so they welcome them with open arms. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

The question is why would their parents allow it? (send them to a cheaper school and give them lots of money on hobby)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The question is why would their parents allow it? (send them to a cheaper school and give them lots of money on hobby)

I've spent my first teentysome of my life in the Philippines,
    Most oi had seen around was the external image, no matter hollow that image was. Still applies today in the country.
    Ika nga,status kuno. Even if it's not comfortable.
    In bisaya:
    Maayo'g barog, pero ang tuhod gakurog.
    Simply means, well dressed, but the knees shaking of hunger.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I think it's because most of them target to be OFWs anyway so they aren't very particular with schools.

For example, I recently learned that if you choose the seaman life and get good at it, you can become captain by your 30s and earn millions a month. Do this for a few years to save up, then retire and set up your own business in the PH.

I'd still wager that getting a good education is still a better hedge. I mean, yes you can still pursue the OFW route, but with a good education you can also climb the seaman ladder faster - my college batchmate got married to her highschool sweetheart who's a seaman and is now just 1 rank away from becoming captain.

I asked how he got so high up the ranks so quickly, and it was because everyone else just wasn't good enough and seemed that they were fine with their entry level positions.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]