New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    No matter what newer game I play, I always fall back to Far Cry 4 and in this case, Far Cry 3 when I'm done. I got done early with cooking the kids' breakfast. I have time to indulge.
    Those are fun games! I think you're playing them via Steam (FPS counter on the upper left corner) - do you use a controller? When I play FC or GTA, I use a wireless Xbox controller, which works very well.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Those are fun games! I think you're playing them via Steam (FPS counter on the upper left corner) - do you use a controller? When I play FC or GTA, I use a wireless Xbox controller, which works very well.
    Nope. I play em via Uplay. I use keyboard and mouse for gaming, including gaming on the laptop.

I have a wired 360 controller just in case, though.

Oh. The frame counter is the free version of Bandicam.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 23rd, 2017 at 10:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Nope. I play em via Uplay. I use keyboard and mouse for gaming, including gaming on the laptop.

I have a wired 360 controller just in case, though.

That's a REALLY nice setup you have!

I just tried the wireless controller so I can lean back when I'm enjoying the scenery, and was surprised at how much I liked it. Only for certain games, as RTS/ARPG games work better with M/KB.

Again, nice setup!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That's a REALLY nice setup you have!

I just tried the wireless controller so I can lean back when I'm enjoying the scenery, and was surprised at how much I liked it. Only for certain games, as RTS/ARPG games work better with M/KB.

Again, nice setup!
    It's old. (2013) FX-8350 with 6GB GTX 1060. It's okay still for most games.

I might assemble a whole new PC next year, either with a non-OC i7 or whatever newest i5 is out. I always start out a completely new PC with an AMD graphics card (midlife upgrade with Nvidia). We'll see what AMD comes up with next year.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    It's old. (2013) FX-8350 with 6GB GTX 1060. It's okay still for most games.

I might assemble a whole new PC next year, either with a non-OC i7 or whatever newest i5 is out. I always start out a completely new PC with an AMD graphics card (midlife upgrade with Nvidia). We'll see what AMD comes up with next year.

Nice. The recent AMD Vega 64 is a bit underwhelming, but the 56 seems like a good value. Intel's mobile i8 series is coming out, with desktop parts soon to follow (I hear they'll have 6-core i7s).

It's fun building a new rig. Mine's 5 years old: an i7-4790K with a GTX980Ti - both watercooled with AIOs - driving a 1440p screen. Might feel the need to upgrade in a year or two

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nice. The recent AMD Vega 64 is a bit underwhelming, but the 56 seems like a good value. Intel's mobile i8 series is coming out, with desktop parts soon to follow (I hear they'll have 6-core i7s).

It's fun building a new rig. Mine's 5 years old: an i7-4790K with a GTX980Ti - both watercooled with AIOs - driving a 1440p screen. Might feel the need to upgrade in a year or two
    I have no plans for moving up from 1080p. So, my graphics needs are more modest. But, that makes a better CPU even more of a necessity.

The only game I have that sometimes have steep frame rate drops (on the FX-8350) is GTA V and only on free-explore. It's fine during the SP campaign. But, I have the itch to move back to Intel. My main gaming PCs have been on AMD for the past 16 years (7 years with Intel before that). Time for Intel again.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 23rd, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I have no plans for moving up from 1080p. So, my graphics needs are more modest. But, that makes a better CPU even more of a necessity.

The only game I have that sometimes have steep frame rate drops (on the FX-8350) is GTA V and only on free-explore. It's fine during the SP campaign. But, I have the itch to move back to Intel. My main gaming PCs have been on AMD for the past 16 years. Time for Intel again.

My sentiments exactly. I think 4K gaming is overrated. (I have 1440p because I need real estate for my spreadsheets). Yes, you'll be CPU-bound in some games, especially if you have a beefy GPU.

I've been on Intel since my first PC decades (!!!) ago. I'm actually thinking of getting AMD's Threadripper or Ryzen for my next build hahaha! Although I will stay with Nvidia for the GPU, the power consumption of the current AMD GPUs gives me pause since I want a small case, and it would be difficult to handle the thermals of a power-hungry GPU in an mATX case

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I had uninstalled all games from my laptop. But, the wife wanted me to drive her to her campus and then wait for her to finish her (night) classes. That's almost 3 hours. I need some games to keep me occupied.

The GoG versions of STALKER and Fallout: New Vegas play fine without the need for DRM clients running. Perfect for no Internet situations. Steam and other clients require periodic log-ins even in Offline Mode if there are updates coming.

I also went ahead and installed Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 7th, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gonna get Destiny 2 today.......

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Resident evil 7 gold edition :D,

Sent from my C6802 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Videogames anyone?