New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Setup is:
    • Globe Fiber 250 mbps
    • TP-Link Deco M4 3 pcs

When connecting directly to Globe WiFi modem (MAIN), max speed is 240 mbps. When connected to the main M4 (MESH1) which is connected to the MAIN modem using cable, max speed is 220-240 mbps. But when connected to the satellite mesh (MESH2 or MESH3), max speed is only 120-140 mbps.

Have tried placing MESH2 close enough to MESH1, max speed only reaches 180 mbps. If placed at the location so that signal reaches the room with PC, max speed will only be 120 mbps.

When the Globe Fiber plan was at 125 mbps, signal in room would be around 100 mbps connected to MESH2. So having a higher speed plan does not seem worth it. Maybe upgrading the mesh router to handle higher speed is possible? Or are there other solutions?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can try getting an M5 and set it up as the main.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Setup is:
    • Globe Fiber 250 mbps
    • TP-Link Deco M4 3 pcs

When connecting directly to Globe WiFi modem (MAIN), max speed is 240 mbps. When connected to the main M4 (MESH1) which is connected to the MAIN modem using cable, max speed is 220-240 mbps. But when connected to the satellite mesh (MESH2 or MESH3), max speed is only 120-140 mbps.

Have tried placing MESH2 close enough to MESH1, max speed only reaches 180 mbps. If placed at the location so that signal reaches the room with PC, max speed will only be 120 mbps.

When the Globe Fiber plan was at 125 mbps, signal in room would be around 100 mbps connected to MESH2. So having a higher speed plan does not seem worth it. Maybe upgrading the mesh router to handle higher speed is possible? Or are there other solutions?
    I'm not familiar with mesh setup. May mga QoS settings ba yan. Baliktad sa min. Sa min kasi wifi extender for my in laws next house. Naka minimum QoS sila sa wifi namin. So priority lahat ng device ng family ko then latak na speed na lang sa kanila. [emoji23]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    You can try getting an M5 and set it up as the main.

agree with this

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I'm not familiar with mesh setup. May mga QoS settings ba yan. Baliktad sa min. Sa min kasi wifi extender for my in laws next house. Naka minimum QoS sila sa wifi namin. So priority lahat ng device ng family ko then latak na speed na lang sa kanila. [emoji23]
    Advantage ng mesh over extender is iisa ang wifi name over a wide area tapos automatic lilipat ang device to the strongest signal source. Pero in your use case ok na extender dahil magkaibang bahay naman.

Since a mesh router uses a wireless signal to transfer data from one router to another meron talagang speed drops the further it is from the main. Deco routers have the option of connecting to each other using a LAN cable and mas consistent to compared to wireless.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Setup is:
    • Globe Fiber 250 mbps
    • TP-Link Deco M4 3 pcs

I'm using M5, try mo kung meron settings na ganito sa Deco app mo. Set ko na sa 1Gbps hehe. Same plan tayo sa globe 2499/250Mbps.img_20220219_162510-2.jpgimg_20220201_164804.jpg

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Deco routers have the option of connecting to each other using a LAN cable and mas consistent to compared to wireless.

https://youtu.be/k3BX6vVr1Uk

skip to 7:18

or get a main mesh (mesh1) that can transmit a wider and stronger signal

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    https://youtu.be/k3BX6vVr1Uk
    skip to 7:18
    or get a main mesh (mesh1) that can transmit a wider and stronger signal

This explains the signal dropoff ... Thank you ...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^its natural for radio signal to fade from time to time..thats the drawback of wireless system

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Got depressed last Monday so kinalikot ko na lang yung M5 (3 units) and M4R (1 unit) mesh sa bahay. Recently got upgraded to 200mbps from 50mbps so it was time to try and maximize it.

Setup ko before was on router mode so the main mesh was connected to the ISP router. Other devices were also connected to the ISP router using cables. Wifi on the ISP router was turned off so all wireless traffic went through the mesh. Usable but not optimal because sometimes may conflict between the router and the mesh router.

After a quick search online I found a step by step guide on how to switch my ISP router to bridge mode. This means that the more powerful mesh router now takes care of all traffic routing. Configuration was done in less than 30 mins which included decrypting some account info from the router config files.

Since some units are on ethernet backhaul di talaga makukuha ang full speed. A speedtest on the TV 2 hops away showed 50mpbs pero before switching to bridge mode it was on 30mbps. I'm happy with this since halos instant na ang loading ng YouTube videos even those on 4k. Pati skip forward halos instant din whereas before may onting buffering pa.

Now I'm just waiting on the 8-port switch that I ordered on Lazada. This will be set up after the main mesh then all the other devices that were originally wired to the ISP router will also be plugged to it. The switch will also allow me to set up an ethernet backhaul on one of the routers at the back of the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast