New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i use toshiba laptop since 2004 up until now its still running, ibig sabihin very reliable siya. kahit yun isang laptop na toshiba na binili ko para sa misis ko is still running ok, Kung bibili ka naman nang apple ang tanong ko lang diyaan do they spare parts and service centers sa philippines in case of hardware breakdown? lahat nang software na iinstal mo diyaan ay may restrictions hindi ka basta basta makapagdownload & upload kailangan compatible for apple lang which is very expensive. tingin mas practical pa din ang toshiba, tsaka every year ang bilis mag depreciate nang computers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by asb75 View Post
    i use toshiba laptop since 2004 up until now its still running, ibig sabihin very reliable siya. kahit yun isang laptop na toshiba na binili ko para sa misis ko is still running ok, Kung bibili ka naman nang apple ang tanong ko lang diyaan do they spare parts and service centers sa philippines in case of hardware breakdown? lahat nang software na iinstal mo diyaan ay may restrictions hindi ka basta basta makapagdownload & upload kailangan compatible for apple lang which is very expensive. tingin mas practical pa din ang toshiba, tsaka every year ang bilis mag depreciate nang computers.
    Computers depreciate in value quickly regardless of brand. That is true with all electronics since they become obsolete in a short span of time.

As for Apple aftersales service, it is available in the Philippines through official Apple service centers. Spare parts are available, or at worst wait for a few days. They even check the serial numbers of laptops in case it was reported stolen.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Just purchased a 15.6, i3 processor Toshiba Satellite Laptop for 189 rials, roughly around 21k pesos as replacement for my Asus Netbook.

So far so good, bang for the buck desktop replacement for 24 hours download to prevent homesick from settling in.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I hate how Toshiba is so expensive here in the Philippines

I still can't decide whether to go for the Lenovo at Villaman or purchase a Toshiba from the US. I would have purchased the Lenovo, my problem is the screen is my minimum requirement (14"). I would be prefer a 15" screen. 17" would make me happy

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I cannot believe also the price of Toshiba in the Phil., overpriced, and when I was there a month ago, I cannot see 15.6 lcd screen except for that model that costs around 100k pesos.

15.6 is a joy to have, watching movies and video call with the kids.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Toshiba Satellite series din yung company issued laptop sa MNC before when I was working there, matibay nga. 4 years no problem. BTW 17" yun kaya sulit manood ng movies hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    better call tricom to clarify the international warranty, cause when i got my toshi 4 years ago from the US, i inquired about it, and tricom said that they don't honor warranties on units bought outside the Phils. they would just repair and of course charge you for parts.

Lucky my toshi is still up and running already upgraded the ram and HDD.

sobrang mahal talaga benta ng toshi dito the unit i got was about 35k from the US. my gf's friend got her unit in greenhills, exact same model and it cost her about 60k.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Which notebook is better? Toshiba or Apple?