New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, when I found out about Kill-a-Watt, I was disappointed that they didn't have 220-240V versions of it. When I searched for an alternative from the only 1st world I know that uses 220V; UK, I saw a lot of generic ones. I have a pending order of a generic copy from Singapore via eBay which I placed 3 weeks ago. Snail mail sucks.

I got the Omni from Ace Hardware, SM North EDSA Annex. Costs a little under P1k. I was in my usual "alone-time-hardware-browse-mode" when I spied upon it at the electrical section. The Omni model looks exactly like the generic ones (re-badged, no doubt). Anyway, I was actually surprised to know that it's already available locally now. I wished I hadn't ordered online.

Sulit have the Omni on sale for about P850-950 apiece.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That ain't too far into the future. I'd probably hit 6TB in probably a year or less.
    Some of my friends say that this is the modern version of gluttony (one of the seven deadly sins....)...

11.1K:transform:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Some of my friends say that this is the modern version of gluttony (one of the seven deadly sins....)...

Hahaha... Not if you're backing up 10 computers with a range of hard disk capacities between 160GB to 1.5TB.

Besides, hard disks are dirt-cheap and power-efficient, especially the "Green" variants.... what more could you ask for? I say, stack 'em, pack 'em, and rack 'em.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    OT: Need some help. What's the typical running rate for each kWH on a residential grid?

I see that my equipment used up 7kWH in 2 days. That translates to about 105kWH in a month. How much would that cost?

Unfortunately, I don't have my Meralco bill with me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Hahaha... Not if you're backing up 10 computers with a range of hard disk capacities between 160GB to 1.5TB.

Besides, hard disks are dirt-cheap and power-efficient, especially the "Green" variants.... what more could you ask for? I say, stack 'em, pack 'em, and rack 'em.

Siguro naman, hindi 'personal' ang 10 computers kaya hindi technically matatawag na 'gluttony' ng mga purista....

I agree with the cost(GB/Php) and power consumption of the hard disks...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *sigh* I wish solid state drives were cheap and had large capacities...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Kinda weird. I always see my servers pull 150W on average. But when I checked it out tonight, it's just at around 130W. Nothing's changed as far as I can tell, and everything's still powered up and working.

Ten computers signed up. It's a shame that WHS limits the number of computers and users to just 10. I had to take out the HTPC (Windows 7 Media Center) from the list to remain compliant.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nov. 15, 2010: Changed out the Sempron LE-140 for an Athlon II X4 630. I just felt that the Sempron is not cut out for the job.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    January 8, 2011: With only 11% free space left on my original 4TB storage pool, I got out and got me two more 2TB WD GreenPower drives.

8TB should hold me over til Holy Week

View from WHS Disk Management plug-in

Actual pic

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Reviving the thread.

Currently have 8TB (4 x 2TB HDDs) with about 70% utilization, any practical backup options?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Home computers and backup