New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Choosing A Phone - Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S3

8 16.33%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

21 42.86%
  • Apple iPhone 5

12 24.49%
  • Nokia 3310

2 4.08%
  • Others

6 12.24%
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd get the S2 minimum if only because of the Jelly Bean update which promises Iphone like touchscreen response

Gingerbread is too old IMO.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ^ Talaga? May wow factor ang Iphone? Hindi ba halos pareho lang naman ng price ng s3 yan?

I don't care about image at all. Basta important sakin matibay at value for money.
    Mas mahal ang iphone 5 sa S3.

I suggest mag Iphone na ka na rin kasi yun na ang gamit ng friends at relatives mo kaya mas maeenjoy mo ang features niya plus it's really user friendly.
    For the longest time I was using an android phone tapos when globe delivered an iphone 5 sa akin yun dun ko naisip na maganda din pala na pareho kami ng wife ko kasi pede kami facetime at imessage plus lahat ng nabili kong laro sa iphone niya pede ko ilipat sa iphone ko ng walang additional na bayad.

Also masarap hawakan ang iphone 5 parang sakto lang sa kamay.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    IPhones are for people who don't want to tinker with their phone too much. The look of the homescreen has been like that for the last five years. Apps are not free. Android are for those who wants a personal touch, plenty of free apps. Besides having bigger screen and removable battery, the S3 has expandable micro SD slot that can accept up to 64 GB class 10. It can play mkv, AVI and other video format movies without needing conversion. It can accept third party apps.

My current Android homescreen

Homescreen of a IPhone since 2007
    actually you can customize an iphone just like an android, you just have to jailbreak it.
    advantage lang ng android out of the box these features are available.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    What samsung phone would you recommend for me? I could go for lower model Samsung or Iphones as well. Image is not a factor for me talaga. I only chose those phone models because I assume that it's the best in it class considering it's popularity. I don't mind spending a bit more as long as the phone will last me long (5 yrs)

I kinda like the Hello Kitty phone that Monseratto posted.
    if you're going with samsung get the S3 mini. the size is just right and it can do what its big brother the S3 can.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Price Drop:

16gb - 29,500 from 30,600
    32gb - 33,400 from 34,500
    64gb - 38,500 from 39,900

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (gray) - 23,000

Samsung Galaxy S III Mini (i8190) - 13,400

Samsung S7562 (Galaxy S Duos) (Kimstore Warranty) - 11,800

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Good boy!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    1. What phones do your 'support system' (i.e. close friends, family, etc) have. If they are trending towards the IOS iPhones then I would choose that as it is much easier to share notes on applications, do iMessage, Facetime, etc. They will also be more ready to help you with tips and tricks for the iPhone as well as have the ubiquitous car charger or phone charger handy if yours runs out of juice. This is the same for the Galaxy S3 as well.
    This. Hirap lang sa Iphone 5 nag-iba na naman ang plug :hysterical:

AMOLED na rin pala si S3 Mini? I like.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    actually you can customize an iphone just like an android, you just have to jailbreak it.
    advantage lang ng android out of the box these features are available.
    Pag di ka mahilig gumalaw ng Phones, jailbreaking a IPhone is not recommended.

https://sites.google.com/site/applec...s-jailbreaking

9. Join Date
    May 2012

Price Drop:

16gb - 29,500 from 30,600
    32gb - 33,400 from 34,500
    64gb - 38,500 from 39,900
    mura na pala ang iphone 5 nasa 29500 nalang ang 16gb? :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I'm confused, ang assumption ko mas madali gamitin ang S3? Mas user friendly pala ang iPhone?
    user friendly din naman ang s3.. it depends upon your need.. like you said inclined sa Apple friends at contacts mo so there's no Facetime sa S3.. unless viber or Skype na lang gagamitin mo... and yes, data plan is really needed para sa full potential ng phone mo but if you're not the 24/7 online sa social network sites type of person, I think 3g or 4g network will be enough to suffice your need to get connected.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Tethering. Setup your phone with the dataplan as a wifi site. Connect your Ipad via wifi and surf all you want on it.

Setup namin sa bahay: Note ang wifi site with my wife FBing on it, anak ko on my phone watching Youtube, ako on my laptop VPN to office. All on the Note's dataplan
    Mabilis data plan mo kung ganun.. yung s3 ng wife ko pag naka wifi hotspot di pa enough to accommodate me as 1st device user.

IPhones are for people who don't want to tinker with their phone too much. The look of the homescreen has been like that for the last five years. Apps are not free. Android are for those who wants a personal touch, plenty of free apps. Besides having bigger screen and removable battery, the S3 has expandable micro SD slot that can accept up to 64 GB class 10. It can play mkv, AVI and other video format movies without needing conversion. It can accept third party apps.
    I think a lower version of Samsung na may front camera ok na syo... but then again you can spend on iPhone and s3 if your really feel the need.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast