New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Choosing A Phone - Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S3

8 16.33%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

21 42.86%
  • Apple iPhone 5

12 24.49%
  • Nokia 3310

2 4.08%
  • Others

6 12.24%
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Pag di ka mahilig gumalaw ng Phones, jailbreaking a IPhone is not recommended.

https://sites.google.com/site/applec...s-jailbreaking
    sa android mahilig ako magkalikot ng phone pero sa apple hindi ko talaga ginagalaw. mahirap na baka magkaroon ako ng mamahaling paper weight.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    sa android mahilig ako magkalikot ng phone pero sa apple hindi ko talaga ginagalaw. mahirap na baka magkaroon ako ng mamahaling paper weight.
    pa-OT: nakapag-root ka na ng android? is it as complicated as jailbreaking (if you have tried it na).. jailbreak p lang nasusubukan ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ms Cathy, why dont you include blackberry on your list?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Peace!

7. My Personal reco would be go for the Galaxy Note 2 as hands down this is the best phone I have ever owned in terms of screen quality, speed, battery life, ecosystem, radio performance, readablility, etc. And its not as big as some people think it is. But since it is not in your list, I would get the S3.

I am not an Android fanboy. I have many iOS devices (tablets and music players) but for phones, I need the flexibility and configuration possibilities of the Android system. And Samsung makes one of the best examples of Android phones.
    +1
    have a look at Galaxy Note 2, it's not that big. Oh, and yeah, it's the best phone ever... well, I concur.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    pa-OT: nakapag-root ka na ng android? is it as complicated as jailbreaking (if you have tried it na).. jailbreak p lang nasusubukan ko.
    oo, madali lang all you need is odin and the latest version ng android for your phone. maraming reading materials sa net.
    ang maganda kasi sa android kahit magkaproblema rooting process mo madali lang restore unlike apple kapag nabrick yari ka.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Peace!

Anyway, both phones are excellent and you cannot go wrong with either. But here are a few things to consider:

1. What phones do your 'support system' (i.e. close friends, family, etc) have. If they are trending towards the IOS iPhones then I would choose that as it is much easier to share notes on applications, do iMessage, Facetime, etc. They will also be more ready to help you with tips and tricks for the iPhone as well as have the ubiquitous car charger or phone charger handy if yours runs out of juice. This is the same for the Galaxy S3 as well.

2. You mentioned you hate iTunes. Well you will hate it even more now. I've been using computers for a long time and I still get confused with iTunes. Android phones are much easier to connect to PCs and transfer to/from data. The S3 is also expandable with memory cards (though how often you swap a memory card in and out with a newer one will be admittedly very rare).

3. I wouldnt bother with CPU speedtests or whatnot..... they're both extremely fast for what you will use them for. Graphical fidelity of games, applications, pictures, camera renderings, et al are virtually identical. Any sane normal person who is not using benchmarking software will not notice the difference.

4. Application variety. Well Apple wins this one especially in the games portion. However, Android has roughly the same number of quality apps that iOS has (instagram, viber, google maps, facebook, flipboard, twitter, etc). For major and important apps they have the same library. Its only in games where iOS will edge out Android. Though the number of good games that Android has is also nothing to sneeze at.

5. You mentioned access to free applications. Last Superbowl Sunday, the Jailbreak for the new ipad Mini, Ipad 4 and Iphone 5 was released into the wild. While Installous is not available anymore, you can use AppCake and download it from one of the Cydia repositories. With this you can try for free applications and then buy them afterwards if you are happy with it. For Android, there are a ton available on the usual ******* sites and you can just sideload them into your device. But if it was up to me, I would buy the applications from Google Play or iTunes. They are not so expensive and you will rarely use more than ten applications in your phone anyway.

6.Bang for Buck - the Samsung wins hands down as it is not as expensive (I didnt say cheap) as the iPhone 5. Look at the reviews in Engadget and theVerge and GSMArena. You will find all the information you could possibly want on these phones in the reviews section, and the comments that follow the reviews are very informative as well.

7. My Personal reco would be go for the Galaxy Note 2 as hands down this is the best phone I have ever owned in terms of screen quality, speed, battery life, ecosystem, radio performance, readablility, etc. And its not as big as some people think it is. But since it is not in your list, I would get the S3.

I am not an Android fanboy. I have many iOS devices (tablets and music players) but for phones, I need the flexibility and configuration possibilities of the Android system. And Samsung makes one of the best examples of Android phones.

Also my biggest beef (maybe its just me) with IOS is that you cannot change the software keyboards. The thing i Love about Android is that you can change software keyboards. I use SmartKeyboard Pro (there are other good ones out there) that allows me to have QWERTY and the 'nokia type' keyboards all in one. With Apple you are limited to the QWERTY keyboard. Since I SMS and Drive some times I need the 'Nokia Type' keyboard everynow and then. All i have to do is swipe across the screen and my keyboard changes layout. Also you can sideload tagalog dictionaries into it. etc. This is the biggest deal for me with phones. I need a good onscreen keyboard. I am not so particular to though when it comes to tablets.
    Great advise! I really appreciate it! It seems like the s3 is more suitable for my needs. My only concern would be majority of my friends and family are using an iphone. Or can you recommend another Samsung phone that's less complicated than the s3 since I'm not really into games and applications anyway. OR is the processor/speed (?) of the s3 worth it for a non heavy user like me?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMO it's the speed and the screen size

It's easier to read and browse with a bigger screen. The speed allows quick switching between running apps (ex FB and browser).
    Last edited by JohnM; February 7th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    Ms Cathy, why dont you include blackberry on your list?
    I don't have friends or family on BB na eh.

Quote Originally Posted by borehole View Post
    +1
    have a look at Galaxy Note 2, it's not that big. Oh, and yeah, it's the best phone ever... well, I concur.
    My friends also told me to consider the Note 2, two of my friends have it but I find it too big for a phone. I don't have big hands naman How much is the Note 2?

Monseratto, thanks for posting those phones! I'm interested in the Galaxy s3 mini. I find the normal galaxy a bit big rin. eh why isn't the mini as popular?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best phone ever!!!

NOKIA 3310

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ^^^
    classic yan

nakakamiss din mga ganyan phone na kahit anong hulog ng phone buhay at ayus parin

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast