New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Choosing A Phone - Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S3

8 16.33%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

21 42.86%
  • Apple iPhone 5

12 24.49%
  • Nokia 3310

2 4.08%
  • Others

6 12.24%
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What are widgets? I don't customize my phone. I don't even have a wallpaper for my Nokia. I just use the default theme. But I do like phone accessories for my phone Casing and phone charm etc.

Replaceable battery is a must for me. I don't want a phone that I will throw out once the battery fails. I want a phone that will last me at least 5 years Because I really hate having to switch gadgets. I normally use gadgets until it dies on me. hehe. My friend uses a first gen iphone though which made me believe that iphones are indeed very sturdy.

Hating hati talaga choice between Iphone and Galaxy. Even among my friends
    in that case, go with the iphone. the only risk is if you get a lemon and the battery dies early. but, generally, the build quality is excellent; i know people who are still using 3g (a few months shy of 5 years) and 3gs until now.

before making up your mind, though, i would suggest you go and try both out sa stores.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Ang cute ng Hello Kitty phone! Pwede ba dyan ang what's app (?) and face time?

Wala ako alam sa phone kasi. I assume na those are the pinaka sulit na phone since those are the touchscreen phones that I see with close friends and family (samsung or iphone) Meron din iba naka Note but it's too big for me.

Naisip ko kasi there are apps na only those 2 phones can do? Kasi it's the most prolific phone now.

Another reason why I want a smartphone. I don't wanna end up totally clueless with today's technology, because I'm getting there. I also wanna utilise what technology is offering today. If it's necessary to get a data plan if I have a smart phone then I have no choice.

I was leaning towards the S3 na but my friends and family that are using Apple keep on convincing me that Apple is better because it's more matibay and faster response. I also noticed na ang tindi ng brand loyalty sa Apple. Ganun talaga siya kaganda or because Apple makes it hard to switch to another brand?

If I get an Iphone my Mom will subsidize the cost naman but I'll have to wait until she goes to the US. Since I rejected her offer to buy me an iphone before, sasabihin niya panindigan ko yan choice ko, so the most that I can get is a subsidy. BUT I don't mind paying for another brand like Samsung if it is a better phone naman talaga.
    maganda talaga ang exterior ng apple, primera klase, walang katulad sa PORMAHAN

hwag mo lang ibabagsak ang iphone, it would be an UGLY sight

hangang dun lang ang iphone, i take from your initial post na hindi ka mapormang tao

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    When my dad used an Ipad for the first time his first question was "how do I download a ppt presentation from my email so I can present it to my clients?" Looks like he had to jump through a lot of hoops for that so he settled on converting the ppt to a slideshow movie. On Android it's as simple as saving the ppt and opening it on the Office-compatible app that usually comes with the phone

I also don't use widgets because my single-core phone doesn't have a data plan and it kills the processor kung madami na. My wife likes putting pics on the lock screen though so magugulat na lang ako nagiiba itsura

pati movie kailangan iphone.ipad compatible. may sariling system or ways ang apple on managnig this things. frist time apple users would find it hard at first. the keyword here is "iTunes".

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    in that case, go with the iphone. the only risk is if you get a lemon and the battery dies early. but, generally, the build quality is excellent; i know people who are still using 3g (a few months shy of 5 years) and 3gs until now.

before making up your mind, though, i would suggest you go and try both out sa stores.
    The iphone's battery can be replaced too like samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    maganda talaga ang exterior ng apple, primera klase, walang katulad sa PORMAHAN

hwag mo lang ibabagsak ang iphone, it would be an UGLY sight

hangang dun lang ang iphone, i take from your initial post na hindi ka mapormang tao
    I don't use my phone for porma. I still use my Nokia 3310 and I don't mind people teasing me about it. Now I'm confused, matibay pa talaga apple o hindi? hehe. Kasi clumsy ako with phones and I tend to drop it a lot. Minsan tumatalsik pa tanggal battery. Ayoko ng phone na masyado iniingatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    pati movie kailangan iphone.ipad compatible. may sariling system or ways ang apple on managnig this things. frist time apple users would find it hard at first. the keyword here is "iTunes".
    I hate iTunes sobra. I only use it when I need to transfer music for to my ipod.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Naisip ko kasi there are apps na only those 2 phones can do? Kasi it's the most prolific phone now.
    Generally, no. Anything an S3 can run, save for some hardware-intensive games, a Cherry Mobile Flare can run as well. Of course, the S3 can run it faster. How perceptible the difference is really depends on you. For the iPhone, apps available for the iPhone 5 are also available for the iPhone 3GS and newer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    naahhh! cathy, don't listed to them. if you have the moolah and can afford the most expensive model without breaking the bank, then bring it on!

pare-pareho lang yan...why not buy the most expensive and enjoy it, pag naluma then buy the newest again..its a cycle...enjoy it if you can, titipirin mo sarili mo eh? buying these gadgets won't make you rich or make you dirt poor naman...so enjoy, single ka naman...

ganyan lang yan dapat ang rules mo pag nagiisip ka kung bibilhin or hinde, pag binili mo maghihirap ka ba pag hinde naman yayaman ka ba? if answers are both no, then bilhin mo
    Kung may pera, edi ganito. Eto yung dahilan kung bakit may mga naka-7D kahit hindi seryoso sa photography, kaya naka-i7 kahit hindi kailangan sa trabaho, or kaya naka-V6 kahit ambagal bagal magmaneho.

But personally I really don't find it practical. I always consider the opportunity cost whenever I buy anything. I'm not as well-off as majority of the people here are. The extra hours spent on research and discernment are worth it in exchange for the savings I get by choosing what gives the best bang for the buck.

However, once you consider the image of owning a higher end product, then the rationality of the discussion is muddled. No matter what people say in this forum, for most Filipinos, owning an iPhone or an S3 is a big thing. The increase in price from a mid-range Samsung smartphone such as the Galaxy Ace 2 or Galaxy S Duos isn't proportional to the increase in hardware capability, yet Samsung gets away with it precisely because people have a higher willingness to pay for the S3 because of its brand equity.

Also, once you enter the entire slew of mid-range smartphones, it'd be best to consider options from HTC and Sony, or perhaps even Nokia if you're into a Windows 8 phone.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Technically, iPhone's battery can be replaced. Dalhin mo sa GH, they know how to open it and they have class A battery un ay kung talagang sira na iPhone battery mo. Last option.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Technically, iPhone's battery can be replaced. Dalhin mo sa GH, they know how to open it and they have class A battery un ay kung talagang sira na iPhone battery mo. Last option.
    once na mapalitan ang battery ng iphone, di mo na maa-update ang OS niyan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    kung gagamitin ni TS ng pang matagalan, ill recommend iphone 5, at ang ip5 matagal mag mark down ang price, unlike samsung 3-4 weeks pa lang, marked down na agad ang price. IMO

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Cheap...

Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y Hello Kitty Edition - 5,000
    Iyan ang personal phone ko (pero, hindi iyang Hello Kitty Edition, ha?)....

Naka-sync naman ang address book, calendar et al through my gmail account e ....

18.1K:rant:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Generally, no. Anything an S3 can run, save for some hardware-intensive games, a Cherry Mobile Flare can run as well. Of course, the S3 can run it faster. How perceptible the difference is really depends on you. For the iPhone, apps available for the iPhone 5 are also available for the iPhone 3GS and newer.

Kung may pera, edi ganito. Eto yung dahilan kung bakit may mga naka-7D kahit hindi seryoso sa photography, kaya naka-i7 kahit hindi kailangan sa trabaho, or kaya naka-V6 kahit ambagal bagal magmaneho.

But personally I really don't find it practical. I always consider the opportunity cost whenever I buy anything. I'm not as well-off as majority of the people here are. The extra hours spent on research and discernment are worth it in exchange for the savings I get by choosing what gives the best bang for the buck.

However, once you consider the image of owning a higher end product, then the rationality of the discussion is muddled. No matter what people say in this forum, for most Filipinos, owning an iPhone or an S3 is a big thing. The increase in price from a mid-range Samsung smartphone such as the Galaxy Ace 2 or Galaxy S Duos isn't proportional to the increase in hardware capability, yet Samsung gets away with it precisely because people have a higher willingness to pay for the S3 because of its brand equity.

Also, once you enter the entire slew of mid-range smartphones, it'd be best to consider options from HTC and Sony, or perhaps even Nokia if you're into a Windows 8 phone.
    What samsung phone would you recommend for me? I could go for lower model Samsung or Iphones as well. Image is not a factor for me talaga. I only chose those phone models because I assume that it's the best in it class considering it's popularity. I don't mind spending a bit more as long as the phone will last me long (5 yrs)

I kinda like the Hello Kitty phone that Monseratto posted.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast