New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Choosing A Phone - Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S3

8 16.33%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

21 42.86%
  • Apple iPhone 5

12 24.49%
  • Nokia 3310

2 4.08%
  • Others

6 12.24%
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I considered the Note 2 but crossed it out kasi it's too big talaga.

I am also thinking of gettin an ipad but I'll have to wait until next year when my Mom goes to the US. Mas mura kasi dun bumili, saka para siya magbayad. Hindi ba overkill na may internet na sa phone, may Ipad pa? I don't intend to use my phone for games. Gusto ko lang yung I can chat with my friends for free, yung maps so I can see traffic etc and fitness apps (calorie count)

Yun naman pala mam, may ipad ka na rin pala nyan so no need for an iphone. Mas overkill yun kung may iphone kana tapos may ipad kapa. Actually almost same specs lang naman sila in terms sa hardware side, but nagkakatalo yan sa OS. I have both, but baliktad naman Iphone 4 and Nexus 7 when it comes to Games on my nexus 7 parang mas gusto ko yung sa IOS. Kaya kung ako ang papipiliin i'll choose S3(pero i''ll go for sony) for functionality/reliability/design/cost then IPAD4 for games.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    S3 eats out the iPhone in terms of speed (quad core S3 vs dual core ip5). I would go for an S3. Pero since sabi mo hindi ka heavy user, doon ka nalang sa ibang Android phones. IP5 is for me expensive that I can even get a Note 2 dahil sa price niya (faster than S3).

Tsaka tama naman move mo to get a smartphone dahil most phones na lumalabas ngayon are smartphones na.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    get the iPhone if you can afford it. hindi ka naman ata mahilig mag-customize ng phone, apps, and widgets. maybe more interested in accessorizing cases and earphones?

but if you want a bigger screen, expandable memory, and replaceable batteries then get the S3.

how long exactly is long when you say "long time user". with how things are going in phone tech these days kasi most users replace their phones in 2 years; maybe you can stretch it to 3+ years if you don't mind being seen with a phone 3 to 4 generations old.

keep in mind though that the galaxy S4 will be announced in March and the iPhone 5S before mid year(maybe).

the other guys have also failed to mention that whichever phone you buy means you'll also be buying into that OS's ecosystem. some people like Apple's apps more, a lot less freeware stuff but the apps a bit more polished. whereas Android's app store, there are more freeware (with advertising) but the apps doesn't look as good - a throwback from pre-ICS (android 4) before Android started having a unified user interface - but they are slowly catching up in terms of aesthetics.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    iPhone 5. No more questions ask.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    iphone - more idiot friendly :peace:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    get the iPhone if you can afford it. hindi ka naman ata mahilig mag-customize ng phone, apps, and widgets. maybe more interested in accessorizing cases and earphones?

but if you want a bigger screen, expandable memory, and replaceable batteries then get the S3.

how long exactly is long when you say "long time user". with how things are going in phone tech these days kasi most users replace their phones in 2 years; maybe you can stretch it to 3+ years if you don't mind being seen with a phone 3 to 4 generations old.

keep in mind though that the galaxy S4 will be announced in March and the iPhone 5S before mid year(maybe).

the other guys have also failed to mention that whichever phone you buy means you'll also be buying into that OS's ecosystem. some people like Apple's apps more, a lot less freeware stuff but the apps a bit more polished. whereas Android's app store, there are more freeware (with advertising) but the apps doesn't look as good - a throwback from pre-ICS (android 4) before Android started having a unified user interface - but they are slowly catching up in terms of aesthetics.
    What are widgets? I don't customize my phone. I don't even have a wallpaper for my Nokia. I just use the default theme. But I do like phone accessories for my phone Casing and phone charm etc.

Replaceable battery is a must for me. I don't want a phone that I will throw out once the battery fails. I want a phone that will last me at least 5 years Because I really hate having to switch gadgets. I normally use gadgets until it dies on me. hehe. My friend uses a first gen iphone though which made me believe that iphones are indeed very sturdy.

Hating hati talaga choice between Iphone and Galaxy. Even among my friends

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    IPhones are for people who don't want to tinker with their phone too much. The look of the homescreen has been like that for the last five years. Apps are not free. Android are for those who wants a personal touch, plenty of free apps. Besides having bigger screen and removable battery, the S3 has expandable micro SD slot that can accept up to 64 GB class 10. It can play mkv, AVI and other video format movies without needing conversion. It can accept third party apps.

My current Android homescreen

Homescreen of a IPhone since 2007
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 7th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^^ Splurge na sa iPhone 5 Cathy, and get those kikay kits.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    iphone - more idiot friendly :peace:
    iphone - more noob friendly :peace:

fixed

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When my dad used an Ipad for the first time his first question was "how do I download a ppt presentation from my email so I can present it to my clients?" Looks like he had to jump through a lot of hoops for that so he settled on converting the ppt to a slideshow movie. On Android it's as simple as saving the ppt and opening it on the Office-compatible app that usually comes with the phone

I also don't use widgets because my single-core phone doesn't have a data plan and it kills the processor kung madami na. My wife likes putting pics on the lock screen though so magugulat na lang ako nagiiba itsura

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast