New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Aysus Wala ako tyaga sa ganyan OB. 1k+ difference? Bili ko na lang sa actual store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just study lazada, learn it. then i-setup mo na lang notifications mo. they'll update you sa mga codes. play the game of millennials para up to date ka.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    kaya pala sa akihabara, nagbebenta pa sila ng mga com2, com1, parallel ports as well Rj45 and even RCA cables. hahaha

sobrang taka talaga ako when I was In Japan, kala ko hi-tech. even their malls are filled so many dslr equipments, who buys that at this age? lol
    At first i dont understand also, but i get the point now, our laptops maybe old but it gets the job done.. Si wifey naman every year they have bonus and a gift mga gadgets back in PH which is really unnecessary.. D pa nga nya open from box previous tab nya meron na naman ipad dumating.. Total waste of budget.. Kami naman we dont complain because theres no discrimination, even our bosses use the same laptops too..

_/_/_/The more things are forbidden.. The more popular they become. _/_/_/

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^ Siyempre naman....para more money for their bonuses

Hey, if it still gets the job done, right? But if can't anymore...

Back in my old job, we were still using laptops with dead batteries and 2GB RAM...it took 5-10 minutes to load XP, and you can't unplug it. One time we made the mistake of loaning it out to our marketing department for a presentation....let'st just say that they immediately got a new, dedicated laptop after that(pero entry level pa rin)

When i had free time, i used to experiment with different OSes on my first laptop -- an Asus EEEPC1001. Still solid though the battery is kaput. Still good enough to do quick network checks, IM with our remote offices, or as a Twitter station. i was forced to bring it to the office as we were constantly running out of laptops.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by forceG View Post
    At first i dont understand also, but i get the point now, our laptops maybe old but it gets the job done.. Si wifey naman every year they have bonus and a gift mga gadgets back in PH which is really unnecessary.. D pa nga nya open from box previous tab nya meron na naman ipad dumating.. Total waste of budget.. Kami naman we dont complain because theres no discrimination, even our bosses use the same laptops too..

Dunno, there's something badass about old laptops that have battle scars. It means the owner really used that laptop, not just for show.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by forceG View Post
    Come to think of it bro..im working here in the land of the rising sun but our Laptops pde na donate sa museum, but it still gets the work done.. Down side is when we have official travel to PH every 2 mos.. Medyo kakahiya na ilabas sa airport when passing security scan.. Office mate ko motherboard na ang problem but our japs bosses still opted for repair.. And we're using windows7 we could only change unit when theres no more update for W7 which i think until 2020 pa.. Thats how serious our Japs boss when it comes to cost cutting..

It's not just about cost cutting. If your present apps work well with win7 they won't change it kasi baka magka-compatibility problem pa kapag nagpalit ng os. That'll be downtime for your operation. Kaya bago nila ideploy ang bagong OS sinisiguro muna nila na magiging seamless ang transition.

Tapatalked

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Dunno, there's something badass about old laptops that have battle scars. It means the owner really used that laptop, not just for show.
    Yup that also puzzles me, that SOMETHING inside our old laptops,, sometimes i can compare it to sleeper cars, our IT here which dunno how to speak english really made a good job maintaining our brick like laptops..my first gen i5 looks new compare to the one we use here..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Iba na kasi ngayon, there are consumer and enterprise classes of electronics. Even the materials that they use to make the circuit boards are different. And the components are crappier now, all in the name of selling cheaper products -- even the RJ45 jacks these days don't feel as solid as the old AMP jacks(then again these used to cost 40-50 pesos compared to today'
    s 3-5 peso jacks).
    Last edited by badkuk; September 5th, 2016 at 11:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    It's not just about cost cutting. If your present apps work well with win7 they won't change it kasi baka magka-compatibility problem pa kapag nagpalit ng os. That'll be downtime for your operation. Kaya bago nila ideploy ang bagong OS sinisiguro muna nila na magiging seamless ang transition.

Tapatalked
    Yup your right bro, but actually we're not more on apps, mostly communications, emails (daily average mails received at 800) so i think there is no downtime in email, anyway we're still looking for maybe another three years until Win7 stop sending updates then its time to retire our treasured laptops..(baka mag upgrade lang kami OS if kaya pa and compatible
    Hahaha)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Iba na kasi ngayon, there are consumer and enterprise classes of electronics. Even the materials that they use to make the circuit boards are different. And the components are crappier now, all in the name of selling cheaper products -- even the RJ45 jacks these days don't feel as solid as the old AMP jacks(then again these used to cost 40-50 pesos compared to today'
    s 3-5 peso jacks).
    Most electronics today are just better than electronic toys in Toys R Us.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Even Celerons and Pentiums are more than good enough for typical laptop usage.

One thing I would recommend is stuff as much RAM as you can especially if there will be many apps open. 4 GB is the minimum I'd use. But, I recommend 8 GB if it's within the budget. 8 GB isn't that expensive anymore.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast