The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    well, like what the owner said...s**t happens

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    So since it is not a lemon, why did the transfer case pop out of low range gearing? Is it a normal occurence under such conditions? Would it have fared better if he had used normal gearing instead?

City slicker/off roading noob here. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Too much drag as the car run deep under those flood water strained the transmission gears even a low gear (huge gear teeths) could not withstand

Neutral would have kept the engine running though. Its constant pressure (exhaust gas) should have withstood water penetrating the exhaust had he stayed calm. My guess is that the driver failed to withstood the stench of the filthy water

Moral of the story, dont be too cocky, respect the wrath of nature

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; July 27th, 2018 at 11:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    We're in a Land Rover Defender ... Driven by an expert ... What could possibly go wrong? ...
    Iniisip ko baka napuluputan ng sako or basura sa propeller kaya nagkaissue.

But who am I to judge, wala naman ako doon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    His car, his rules, his money.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    This.

What he did may be ill-advised, but I won't blame the car owner. From how it sounded, he had a good laugh about the whole thing and simply had his LR repaired and good to go.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    His car, his rules, his money.
    True. It's such a pity they had very bad luck that day.

However, when the cameras are rolling, everything's fair game. And whatever you do or whatever the outcome of what you did can make or break you. That's the sad truth, unfortunately... the new norm. You mess up on video, you've got to be ready for a world of hurt (feelings and ego).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Suwerte pa rin sya. May pambili sya ng land rover. Tinawagan nya lang (daw) yung situation. And had his LR repaired asap.

Sa common tao, yung sasakyan pag na lubog sa baha at tinirik, either walang budget pagawa or kelangan kumuha sa ibang budget para mapagawa.

I'm guessing he has other cars to use also while the LR is being repaired.

Pero yeah, it's gonna be really bad PR for Land Rover.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    But there’s post here in this thread that a group of offroaders were laughing at when I chance upon them in a 4x4 shop.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    What he did may be ill-advised, but I won't blame the car owner. From how it sounded, he had a good laugh about the whole thing and simply had his LR repaired and good to go.

He won't be laughing when he sees the repair bill ... Simply repaired would be an understatement ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Apparently his gearbox hit an object underwater which caused it to “pop-out” of low range. He was trying to put it back in gear, but was unable to. So ayun tulak na.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I finally eliminated all my cravings for that car. nowadays, i dont even bother to click all youtube suggested videos on the land rover.

di ko alam kumbakit pero basta nawala na lang, maybe it has somethinv to do with the new sierra, its cheaper same boxy feel. suddenly yun trademark nila boxy shape car maging pang masa na ulit. Sana revive ng mitsubishi yun pajero na door noon 80s, that will definitely
    Make the land rover less of a rare looking classic

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast