New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    There's a video circling FB regarding a LR Defender stuck in flood. At this level, hindi ba talaga kaya ng defender ito? Was this malcalculation or namatayan lang talaga ng makina ang driver?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Miscalculation. Naka snorkel naman sya. Might be some electronics got fried because the water leaked on the interior.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Miscalculation. Naka snorkel naman sya. Might be some electronics got fried because the water leaked on the interior.

Naka snorkel nga, but what about the alternator? Lubog na yung part na yun if the water's up to the hood.

Some of these accessories, pag improperly fitted ng di marunong... are just "cosmetic" value and have no real use.

This also goes to show that even if your car can ford water deeper than what a typical sedan can handle, to not get overconfident.

===
    As I posted in another thread, we've seen a truck stall in the area (Araneta Ave).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    a water sensor probably engaged a safety interlock to prevent severe damage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    a water sensor probably engaged a safety interlock to prevent severe damage.

defender nga, dinefend yun car electronics lol

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    defender nga, dinefend yun car electronics lol
    whole engine bay is submerged hehehe. tires alone is 600-800mm. water must have been over 1m deep.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    That's it! It's a Land Rover, it's not supposed to leave land for water😀

Their quality and engineering went farther south after Ford merger

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Is land rover now part of tata group?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    "The maximum wading depth for a Series Land Rover, Defender, Discovery or Range Rover Classic is 500mm (about 20 inches), which is the underside of the top of the tyre, to the tope of the rim. Exceeding this depth could be asking for real problems. In the case of a petrol-engined vehicle, water could easily kill the high tension associated with the coil, distributor and plug leads. A diesel-engined vehicle does not suffer from this problem. However, in either case, should water be splashed into the air intake, then catastrophe will come upon you in a split second. Water would be sucked up immediately into the top of the engine, via the turbo or inlet manifold, and into the combustion chambers above the pistons."

http://www.goodwinch.com/Learning/of...ow-waterworld/

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Something like that, use this

Viet Jeep : Mutt M151 A2 Diving - YouTube

Not the fagotty land rover

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast