LOL... :D

Too short...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Next stop: Chinese Grand Prix

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Berger defends Vettel selfish streak
    Former Formula One star Gerhard Berger believes that Sebastian Vettel's blatant disregard for team orders is a sign of that he is a top driver.

Vettel deliberately ignored instructions from his Red Bull pit bosses by overtaking team-mate and race leader Mark Webber on lap 46 at Sepang before going on to claim the 27th victory of his F1 career.
    The three-time reigning world champion, whose win sent him nine points clear at the top of the drivers' classification after two rounds, initially showed no remorse for his actions but later apologised.
    The incident has caused a major stir but Berger, who won 10 grands prix during 14 seasons in F1 up until 1997, pointed out what Vettel did was nothing new and feels the 25-year-old German was merely showing the natural instincts that are required to get to the top of the sport and stay there.
    The Austrian also believes no one will change Vettel.
    "If you remember back in history these things always happen," he said.
    "To be a race winner you need to be very, very talented but to be a world champion, or to be world champion three, four, five times, you need to be extremely selfish," said Berger, recalling past tussles including the famous rivalry between Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost.
    "What I want to say is these boys have such a big killing instinct. What leads them to three, four, five-times world championships. In these moments they are stressed by the situation, they just cannot follow their brain, they just do what their instincts are telling them," he told BBC Radio Five Live.
    "So of course after the race he is saying he is very sorry about it and that he cannot sleep, (but) I think he sleeps very well because this is his nature.
    "But on the other side, this is part of his success. And nobody, no team, no team chief, no team-mate, nobody is going to change it."
    Berger concedes Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has a "hard job" to manage the situation between Vettel and Webber but feels it is not necessarily a bad thing for the team to have two drivers pushing each other on.
    He said: "It's a very good thing for a team to have two strong drivers and sometimes you have to manage it.
    "At this stage it's a hard job to manage this, they are never going to be in love with each other, but at the end of the day over the whole season it's not a bad situation to have two drivers pushing each other.
    "I think the team is playing a very fair role," the 53-year-old added.
    "These are the normal games you play between drivers and teams, it's part of the success, part of losing.
    "I think both are great drivers. We know Vettel is an extreme competitive guy.
    "I think maybe he's the best guy at the moment in the field. He has all the things what you have to be to be the world champion, world champion again and again world champion."
    Formula 1 News | Berger defends Vettel selfish streak | FOX SPORTS

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    I hate to break it to you guys. But this is a GRAND CONSPIRACY designed by Bernie Ecclestone.

Bernie wanted to inject some kind of REALITY TV flavor in Formula One, to hype it up and increase the sagging viewership for F1 races. He wants to build some kind of storylines for every race, so people can follow these conflicts like the Paul Sr. versus Paul Jr. wars of American Chopper. This is TV money, fellas. Why do you think they are feeding you these "Don't be silly, Seb...." radio conversations during the race? It's good on TV, that's why!!!

Actually, it started last year with Raikkonen's "Stop telling me what to do. I know what i'm doing" stage act. As it turned out, people loved it, and it went viral! Bernie is not going to let a good script like that slip away without cashing in! So they'll make it a regular staple now this season.

But F1 drivers are not used to these antics, so you'll have to forgive Vettel and Rosberg to be saying the same script at the same time. Poorly executed acts, but they'll get better soon.

Some years ago, i posted here in Tsikot about the Briatore Conspiracy surrounding the crash of Nelson Piquet Jr. in Singapore. And nobody believed me at the time
    !
    Yup,- I distinctly remember that, bro....

18.6K:grin2:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Hehehe...
    ROFL.

Karma is a bitch for Webber. Looks like he'd forgotten the team order that he ignored on Silverstone season 2011, and the Brazil incident last season that almost cost Vettel the Championship.

"I am not fine with it, no," he said. "If Fernando (Alonso) retires on the last lap, we are fighting for the win.

"Of course I ignored the team because I wanted to try and get a place. Seb was doing his best, I was doing my best. I wasn't going to crash with anyone.
    Related Content

"I try to do my best with the amount of one way conversation I was having - I was trying to do my best to pass the guy in front."

Webber played down talk of another favouritism row and suggested that if the situation had been reversed, Vettel would have responded in the same way.
    When asked if he was feeling like the number two driver again, he said: "Not really.

"Four or five laps to go, they started to chat to me about holding my position. I wanted the points but I also wanted to get some more points as well.
    The difference is that Vettel managed to get past him in this race. Him insisting that he turned down his engine is full of crap as Vettel had to battle 3 laps against him to secure to pole.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Looks who's smiling?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ^ The only reason Alonso can laugh is that he got a perfect wing man in Massa, while Seb got a useless cock in Webber who almost cost him the Championship in Brazil last year.

What happened to him in Malaysia was a poor judgment by the team not to replace his wing when they got a chance.

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast