New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mukhang nag rollback na shell, kanina pag pasok ko ng 6pm 48.07php pa regular unleaded pag uwi ko ngayon ng 4:00am 47.07php na lang 1 peso rollback.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    $180++/barrel of oil = 50++/liter of gasoline - reasonable
    $71 /barrel of oil = 47++/liter of gasoline??!!-

we don't need a mathematician to solve the equation, actually, it's not even math! it's just plain and simple logic! even an elementary student can find the logic behind that! why won't they give us a big time rollback??!! well, whatever the reason is, i'm sure it's BS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Taas price....bilis.
    Baba...........bagal.

Only one reason....maximize profits...check the books of these oil companies. They are the most profitable business around. The Big 3 is always in the top 20 in the Philippines.

Greed or avarice is one of the 7 cardinal sins because it can can be limitless.
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    one word.greed..sa tagalog ganid!

These are sensible comments.

These are a reflection of how these oil companies are abusing the oil deregulation law.

NEDA Secretary reiterates his call for a price rollback....

For me its time for them to roll back their prices realistically.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Only one reason....maximize profits...check the books of these oil companies. They are the most profitable business around. The Big 3 is always in the top 20 in the Philippines.
    How about trying NOT to lose money?

Who would run a business with the goal just to break even?

Who would run a business with the goal to lose money?

And what's wrong with being in the top 20 or top 100 or top 5000 corporations?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But oil companies has LOW MARGINS comapred to other industries (in lay mans maliit patong nila). Yes they have more profits because their revenue is HIGH since almost all of us use oil but its the MARGINS that dictate if you are profiteering or not. Just in case, MARGINS is Revenue less Cost per unit.

Its like saying I have 100 shoes costing me P100 a piece and sell them at P120 so I make P2000 (oil companies) VS I have 10 shoes costing me P100 selling them at P200 and I only make P1000. Its the volume folks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    old stock -- nabili ng mahal ng oil companies

new stock (arriving palang) -- nabili ng mas mura ng oil companies

--

old stock --nabibili natin ngayon sa gas stations

new stock (arriving palang) -- mabibili natin sa gas stations 1 or 2 months from now

--

Rollback price of old stock coz world oil price bumaba?

Ka-o-order palang ng new stock diba?

di pa nga dumadating ung new stock diba?

baket i-ro-rollback ang presyo ng old stock?
    Jeez, the oil companies have been parroting this line since time immemorial! I'm surprised that somebody still is still falling for their crappy reasoning.

The main reason that oil companies have NOT been lowering their price is because they want to maximize profits! They've been telling the public of under-recoveries, yet when you examine their financial statements, they remain profitable. You don't have to be an economist to know this fact. Heck, I've been a credit analyst for so long that I've learned to differentiate fact from fiction.

The price of oil peaked in July at US$ 147. So following their faulty logic, dapat mataas at patuloy ang pagtaas ang presyo ng gasolina nung September or this month, kasi kakapasok pa lang ng new stock. Eh bakit naka-ilang roll-back na this month?? Tapos, before wala pang one week na tumaas ng Dubai crude, nag-tataas na agad sila ng presyo. Dapat maghintay muna sila ng 2 to 3 months! Crazy logic.

The fact is, you pay for the contracts NOW, and wait for the delivery of new stocks months later.

Actually, pati sa US, tinitira din yung big oil companies ng US Senate.

Multinational companies, or any big local company for that matter with substantial export/import operations, engage in hedging to protect against currency fluctuations. The spot currency market hasn't been volatile this year, so the exchange rate isn't much of a factor in pricing. You can take away that variable.

Anyway, ilang years na lang, and petroleum-based oil companies will become passe, what with the impending shift to renewable energy and non-fossil fuels.
    Last edited by Galactus; October 23rd, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Anyway, ilang years na lang, and petroleum-based oil companies will become passe, what with the impending shift to renewable energy and non-fossil fuels.
    If the price of crude oil keeps falling, those alternative fuels will become more expensive to produce than fuel derived from crude.

Investors will think twice about investing in alternative fuel production.

Others who are already invested in alternative fuel will pull out.

Oil price has to remain high for alternative fuels to take off.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    These are sensible comments.

These are a reflection of how these oil companies are abusing the oil deregulation law.

NEDA Secretary reiterates his call for a price rollback....

For me its time for them to roll back their prices realistically.
    Sensible according to YOUR standards.

*karlbo

yep, it was on the news. hopefully, tuloy-tuloy na.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Jeez, the oil companies have been parroting this line since time immemorial! I'm surprised that somebody still is still falling for their crappy reasoning.

The main reason that oil companies have NOT been lowering their price is because they want to maximize profits! They've been telling the public of under-recoveries, yet when you examine their financial statements, they remain profitable. You don't have to be an economist to know this fact. Heck, I've been a credit analyst for so long that I've learned to differentiate fact from fiction.

The price of oil peaked in July at US$ 147. So following their faulty logic, dapat mataas at patuloy ang pagtaas ang presyo ng gasolina nung September or this month, kasi kakapasok pa lang ng new stock. Eh bakit naka-ilang roll-back na this month?? Tapos, before wala pang one week na tumaas ng Dubai crude, nag-tataas na agad sila ng presyo. Dapat maghintay muna sila ng 2 to 3 months! Crazy logic.

The fact is, you pay for the contracts NOW, and wait for the delivery of new stocks months later.

Actually, pati sa US, tinitira din yung big oil companies ng US Senate.

Multinational companies, or any big local company for that matter with substantial export/import operations, engage in hedging to protect against currency fluctuations. The spot currency market hasn't been volatile this year, so the exchange rate isn't much of a factor in pricing. You can take away that variable.

This is a very sensible comment and not a creepy one.

..and Not another inane "defend the profit of the oil companies again.."

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The price of oil peaked in July at US$ 147. So following their faulty logic, dapat mataas at patuloy ang pagtaas ang presyo ng gasolina nung September or this month, kasi kakapasok pa lang ng new stock. Eh bakit naka-ilang roll-back na this month??ay muna sila ng 2 to 3 months!
    when the price of oil started falling after peaking in July, i was already posting in another thread (the Oil $150 thread) that there will be roll backs starting September.

But the rollbacks started earlier than i expected. Ung mga small players ang nauna. The big players had to follow. If it wasnt for the small players, the big players will probably start rolling back mid-September.

Tapos, before wala pang one week na tumaas ng Dubai crude, nag-tataas na agad sila ng presyo. Dapat maghintay muna sila ng 2 to 3 months! Crazy logic.
    Pag tumaas sa world market, syempre tataasan nila agad ang pump prices kahit old stock pa ang binebenta nila. Kasi mas mataas na ang magiging puhunan. Yan ang tamang logic.

Eto po ang crazy logic: Tumataas na ang oil price sa world market... the oil companies wait for 2 - 3 months before they raise pump prices.
    Last edited by uls; October 23rd, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *jpdm

just ignore creepy's comment.

The important thing is the present prices of local oil products are not justifiable as what the one who started this thread.

And there is a need for rollback of oil prices. The piecemeal 1 peso is not enough.

Its not easy to ignore that the government (PGMA herself; NEDA; DOE;Congress), business group, civil society, transport group, NGOs ,"activists" ordinary citizens (motorists specifically)are in chorus in demanding that the oil companies roll back their prices...

You ask everyman in the street, the words SUWAPANG, MANHID at WALANG KALULUWA come out from the mouth of motorists...

Even some suggested the government nationalized oil companies in the coutry just like Bolivia and Venezuela have done...although I disagree. Deregulation works somehow.

You are correct when you said its ok for them to earn profit but not too much..

Indeed, they keep on claiming they are losing money and yet not one reported that they indeed incurred loses. In fact, all the big three including small companies earned millions and billions in profit.

They are always on top interms of revenues and earning among the companies in the country for so many years..

And yet they conplain of losing money?

This I do not understand.

Ano pa kaya gusto nila.

You are correct that there is a need to remind these greedy oil companies that they have to consider also the welfare of the society and not the welfare of their company only..

I hate to say this but...

Malinaw na katakawan at ganid na rin talaga umiiral sa mga kompanyang ito.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
rollback!!!