New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 222 of 478 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Ahh barat siguro mag-bid ang SM Group, it is well known in the business community na ganyan sila
    Yes terms and conditions often favors the huge company so you better think twice and look elsewhere to fund your mall construction.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    yan nag mahirap pag may tsimis/rumor na mag close ang bank, baka magka bank run
    Yes, right now malls and establishment slowly opening and recovering I hope this will continue to help keep the economy running.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    RE the article posted by jut703

consistent with what i'm saying this gov't implemented the longest and most crippling lockdown in the world

maaga palang i knew it will kill the economy

the gov't freaking stopped that economy in its tracks

it gave the economy a heart attack

i've been posting about the negative effects of the lockdown before anyone

i was concerned about other people's problems -- like the stability of banks

coz sigurado madami di makakabayad ng utang

OA daw ako o nalulugi daw kami kaya gusto ko ma-lift ang lockdown

well?

now that the dust has settled what do guys you see?

now you're talking about bank failures?

Where were you guys 30 to 60 days ago?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    RE the article posted by jut703

consistent with what i'm saying this gov't implemented the longest and most crippling lockdown in the world
    The government implemented the longest and most crippling lockdown FOR NOTHING.

A lockdown alone does not help much. You need to have a lockdown EARLY (we were a month late). You need to follow up it up with aggressive CONTACT TRACING, paired with MASS TESTING (targeted, if you want to call it that).

So we both have a dead economy and an ever-growing wave of infection.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The government implemented the longest and most crippling lockdown FOR NOTHING.

A lockdown alone does not help much. You need to have a lockdown EARLY (we were a month late). You need to follow up it up with aggressive CONTACT TRACING, paired with MASS TESTING (targeted, if you want to call it that).

So we both have a dead economy and an ever-growing wave of infection.

it was a freaking brute force lockdown

brute force ang ginamit hindi brains

something what cavemen would do

coz there aren't people competent enough to implement an intelligent targeted lockdown

large conventional bomb compared to a smart bomb

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

coz there aren't people competent enough to implement an intelligent targeted lockdown

Whoever said bright minds are placed in government posts? Men/women are posted for the favors and loyalty they bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Whoever said bright minds are placed in government posts? Men/women are posted for the favors and loyalty they bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    one bright mind placed in a sea of less-than-mediocre minds, will likely get swallowed up and drown, never to be seen again.
    what has to be done, is to have many like-minded bright minds thrown into the sea as a group. that way, they can cooperate with each other and devise a flotation device, and start building a CVN from it.

hey!
    this is a generic statement.
    i'm not pointing to any particular office.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Brute force lockdown is barely better than no lockdown. Disadavantage is that a brute force lockdown has dire economic consequences.

It wasn't a choice between healthcare and economy. Our government screwed up on both.

Either we do a lockdown right or we don't do it at all. We're moving to option 2 now (i.e. opening up the economy even if COVID has still not been managed).

Too bad we already had 3 months of economic setbacks.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Imho another thing that is sorely lacking now that should have been there from the start is a CLEAR AND SUSTAINED INFORMATION DRIVE on how to go about what should be the new normal. Blast that protocol every hour on all channels so it gets drilled down to the stubbornest of brains until following it becomes second nature.

From what I see every time I go outside, a lot of people are still not wearing masks, removing them in public, wearing them with their noses out, touching their faces and social distancing is a token <1 meter.

If we can't expect satisfactory contact tracing and mass testing, can we at least expect that from this government?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'd describe it as typical pinoy way of doing things

always reactive never proactive

pag nandito na ang problema tsaka hanapan ng solusyon

kung ano ang ugali ng tao ganyan din ang gobyerno