New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i don't see anything wrong with it. its borrowing money using another property as collateral. what's the problem there?

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hehehe. I don't want to sound rude but if your priority is your faith then your family will go hungry. Ayaw naman siguro ni God ng ganun. Siguro immoral din kung papatungan mo yung tinda mo dahil kung ibibigay mo ng libre eh di nakatulong ka pa sa kapwa mo at nasa waiting list ka na sa heaven.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cumbersome: Thanks for your opinion. I have a question for you though - what if somewhere out there a small family is starving, they haven't eaten for days and they do not have anything to eat for dinner. They could just die there OR they can pawn their cellphone/jewelry/whatever. Would it be immoral for me to accept their valuables?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ok lang yan

Its just like any other business, dito baligtad naman, people sell their stuff to you at a rate you both agree on because they need the money. I'd don't see anything wrong with that.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bryan:

I wouldn't deem it immoral if you did take take that direction. However, if it were up to God, He would simply have you give them some money for food, or lend them without interest. The pervading morality of the world unfortunately has been mostly about compromise, and there's certainly huge difference between that and what God would have us do. Harshly idealistic some would say, but just look and see what decades of compromise has done to the world.

Touchy subject, but thats where charitable groups come in.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cumbersome: So basically what you're saying is Mcdonalds and Jollibee should price their products in a way that they would just break-even, correct? We have bills to pay too bro.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Hehehe. Kakaskasin po talaga ang mga gold para malaman yung quality niya.
    ang ibig kong sabihin eh nung "kinakaskas" eh, yung kumukuha sila ng gold dust..tapos iipunin nila ito... pero nde po ako sure dito kasi nabanggit lang din sa akin.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bry:

Well, that's not really the same my friend. When you're broke, you don't really go out to eat a burger. The fundamental crux about lending with interest is that one gets profit from another person's misfortunes. But please remember that this is a personal take on the matter, and you are not in any way obliged to subscribe to it. As the saying goes, follow your heart, hehe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Pawnshop - Is it morally OK?