New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erict
    ang ibig kong sabihin eh nung "kinakaskas" eh, yung kumukuha sila ng gold dust..tapos iipunin nila ito... pero nde po ako sure dito kasi nabanggit lang din sa akin.
    It is very obvious po naman kung kinaskas ang alahas dahil mawawala ang shine.

gusto ko rin magtayo ng pawnshop... business partner tyo... ok namn daw ang return eh basta laging nababantayan un nagaayos ng money. kaso ayaw din ng dad ko. magkano minimum capital for this type of business? medyo mahirap ba ang competition with lhullier and tambunting?
    AFAIK the min cash on hand per branch is Php5M. Cash on hand palang yun. Registration sa Central Bank. Compertition is very tough between Cebuana, Tambunting and Villarica. IMO, to get even with them better lower your rate to the min as required by the central bank. Better set-up in the province para less ang kalaban.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It would depend on the morals, virtue and discpline that you practice - and that you want your staff to practice. I mean, kung makikita ng staff na nangloko yung amo nila - what would stop them from doing the same? Kung disiplinado, morally at spiritually upright yung mayari - there would be no problem.

Some people think that pawnshops take advantage on the current misfortunes of people. I think not. Sabi nga dun sa isang post, freewill. Kargo na ng conscience mo bro kung mangloloko ka ng clients mo.

Good luck sa business.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    That's your opinion. And I respect that.

Just curious, do you think banks are evil/morally wrong too?

Well, i suppose anything they do that has something to do with lending with interest is at least morally questionable by Judeo-Christian standards. But banks also offer a host of other services, such that calling them 'evil' straight out may be a bit over the top.

City:

Yes, the Bible is quite explicit about the matter.

Exodus 22:25

[God says] "If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you
    shall not be to him as a creditor, and you shall not exact interest from him. If
    ever you take your neighbor's garment in pledge, you shall restore it to him before the sun goes down; for that is his only covering, it is his mantle for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am
    compassionate."

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's keep god and religion out of this for crying out loud.....

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    well .. the question was .. is it morally ok ? .. can't help but bring in religion pag-"morality" na ang pinagusapan ..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hehe pahabain mo dabid.

porke ba nasa bible e totoo? hindi nga sila magkasundo sa family tree in kristo e.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    naku .. baka maki-eksena pa ang da vinci code dito .. hehe ..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Before this escalates into an argument between religions, hayaan na nating mag-hanapbuhay yung tao. Debating about it is hardly helping the guy decide.

It's not what your religion is. It's the imperative of the conscience that matters.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope... hindi naman...

though the interest rates / fees / etc. should be in an acceptable range...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    cumbersome even if you are broke you still need to eat right...
    lets not take the mcdonalds and jollibee insight too literal
    lets say a street food hawker, im pretty sure the fishhballs he sells at 1peso has .25 to .50 centavo markup, thats how he make his living and it im pretty sure it is not illegal againts any religion to make a honest living as long as the deal and transactions are transparent and people get informed well of what kind of deal they are getting into.

like myself our family is in the trade business for quite sometime like 30 yrs or more my dad acquires products puts markup on them and sell thems...well basically that was our bread and butter and that was the same stuff that made our brood finish our schooling from primary - tertiary education. right now im in the same business doing the same stuffs so should we be labeled as immoral if thats the case 2 generations doing the same thing? our family should be rotting in hell right now :P

i think thats just the way it is as long as you dont price too high and give the buyer what he/she paid for then its all good...
    in this case as long as the interest is not too high and the items pawned are insured and not altered then its really good business

lets just view the pawn business like a trade business but insted of the store selling the goods it is the store buying then you get a better deal because in the end you get a chance to buy back your goods

business as usual....

peace

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Pawnshop - Is it morally OK?