New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been thinking of opening a small pawnshop. So far okay naman sa mother ko, pero sa tatay kong feeling pastor, di sya boto. It's not morally right for him.

What do you guys think? Kasi diba kahit sa bangko ka nga hihiram may interest.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd say hes, you're not robbing people, you publish an interest rate, it's their call if they want your rates...

If there a guy whose child got into an accident and wala silang pera but they have a tv at home and choose to sell that to pay for the emergency funds, what's wrong with pawning it? Especially if pwede naman nila tubusin.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i think its perfectly fine magiging immoral sya if you dont play fair

fair and square naman ang labanan sa pawnshop
    you set your rules; terms interest etc. then if the individual agrees to it a pawn is made. hindi mo naman sya pinilit diba. pag hindi nya tinubos e di his loss and your profit

its just like any other business

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup that's exactly my point.

Thanks for the input theveed and Sheep!
    Last edited by Bry; January 19th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    morally wrong? nde naman... kase with pawnshop eh may kapalit yung hinihiram na pera. in the end pede pang tubusin nga... matinong negosyo naman yan. basta reasonable interest rates mo, yung tipong nde taga.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    basta fair lang ang interest mo at nde ka nanlalamang ng kapuwa mo...walang problema, kasi di ba balita sa ibang pawnshop yung kinakaskas yung mga gold jewelries?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. feeding on people's misery kasi yung feeling ng mga tao sa pawnshop .. pero bottomline, it's just like any financial institution na nagpapautang .. buti nga hindi ka usurer o loanshark .. advice lang is you need to be very very liquid and very careful .. dami cash on hand .. init sa hold-up

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erict
    basta fair lang ang interest mo at nde ka nanlalamang ng kapuwa mo...walang problema, kasi di ba balita sa ibang pawnshop yung kinakaskas yung mga gold jewelries?
    Hehehe. Kakaskasin po talaga ang mga gold para malaman yung quality niya.

So, immoral din ang mga bank kasi ginagamit yung perang pinatago natin at bibigyan pa tayo ng credit card tapos papatungan ng interest?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Oo nga, I don't think there's anything wrong with a pawnshop business. On morals kasi, medyo subjective yan. What is acceptable to one may be reprehensible to another. It's debatable really, same as credit cards. As long as you avoid usurious rates you'll be fine.

Depende rin sa kung ano yung isinasanla kung magiging imoral o hindi. Siguro naman hindi ganun yung magiging sanglaan mo. ;)
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 19th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'd have to agree with your dad. The Christian faith strongly condemns such a business. I know this may sound impractically conservative, but you'll really have to choose between what's more important- your convictions or your plans. But if you do choose to push through with such an endeavor, i suppose fairness in the littlest of transactions should be in order.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Pawnshop - Is it morally OK?