New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the new airconditioned jumbo jeepneys are plying along makati as we speak. they look enormous as compared to the old ones but can carry more comfortably.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pag si bayani fernando naging presidente ng pinas may chansa mawala ang jeepneys

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    jeep fare from sta. cruz to buendia is 10 pesos; bus fare on the same route is 8 pesos. de aircon pa!
    have to correct myself, 10 pesos na pala ung bus fare. still, i trust everyone sees my point? :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I heard there will be solar jeepneys pilot project this July.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto_Xer View Post
    huh? where would they get solar panels?
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    huh? where would they get solar panels?
    Maybe from Sta. Rosa-based Sunpower Philippines Manufacturing Ltd? It was featured in the Sunday Inquirer yesterday.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto_Xer View Post
    baka naman isang jip nasa 1M mark na, will they be replacing or adding?? dapat replace kasi sobrang dami na jeep

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yung brand new jeepney w/ brand new isuzu 4hf1 ay P700T and up na.

although costly, how about putting jeepneys and buses on rails ala mrt or tranvia? kahit naka diesel pa rin sila, bawas na perwisyong dulot nila sa traffic and eventually mababawasan emissions.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    From the Inquirer today - http://business.inquirer.net/money/b...ticle_id=67281

Auto parts makers want local parts in public jeepneys
    By Ronnel Domingo
    Inquirer
    Last updated 04:04am (Mla time) 05/22/2007
    Automotive parts makers have teamed up with a group of jeepney operators to develop a “Philippine-made public utility vehicle” in support of the government’s plans to rehabilitate the country’s jeepney fleets.
    The Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturers Association of the Philippines (MVPMAP) said it had signed a memorandum of agreement with the umbrella group Philippine Jeepney Operators and Drivers Alliance Foundation, as it was wrapping up preparations for the launch of its “Philippine Utility Vehicle or PhUV.”
    The MVPMAP embarked on the development of a PhUV prototype in part to convince the government to provide incentives to investors that would take part in developing a “national vehicle” using mostly local parts.
    MVPMAP officials said the PUV initiative would be part of the group’s PhUV campaign for perks.
    It would also support the Department of Environment and Natural Resources’ plan to “refleet or rehabilitate” the jeepney sector’s 240,000 units spread across the country.
    The PUV program is aimed at targeting the nationwide PUJ refleeting program to make the existing PUJs powered by surplus diesel engines comply with Euro standards on exhaust emission.
    There are an estimated 67,000 jeepneys in Metro Manila alone.
    “Public utility jeepneys are a basic form of transportation in our country and a PUJ should naturally be made with as much local value added as possible,” the group said. “Thus, we came up with the PUV idea.”
    The MVPMAP said it would campaign for the PUV jeepney to be part of a PhUV program of incentives from the government, the officials said.
    The PUV program would also fill in the demand for a coaster-type minibus, which could be air-conditioned.
    In the process, all these were expected to modernize the land transportation sector.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't know the exact details, just heard about it.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
A Future for Jeepneys (What do you think?)