New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A recent study published in a Metro Manila newspaper compared the fuel use of a 16-passenger jeepney to a 54-passenger air-conditioned bus and found that the fuel consumption for both was the same.
    SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepney

This is sad. I know that Jeepneys are flooding the streets right now and if the government might bring the Jeepney transport in to halt, there will be a crisis with the family who depends on it.

And if there is no control, traffic would increase and pollution will increase as well. Much worse, global warming.
    What do you think should be the solution for this? We cant let our city become more polluted and our fellowmen starve.

hmmm... ano kaya future ng mga Jeepneys?
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    way back in HS, someone offered this solution: phase out all jeepneys, replace them with minibuses. the two drivers could then take turns being driver/conductor.

i also read this article recently about LPG-powered jeeps. it came as quite a surprise -- akala ko LPG is for gas cars exclusively

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    that would make sense... it can bring down half of the Jeepney population...
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i also read this article recently about LPG-powered jeeps. it came as quite a surprise -- akala ko LPG is for gas cars exclusively
    You can use LPG in diesel engines but you have to inject some diesel with LPG at the same time for the engine to run.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dapat naman kasi limitado lang ang ibinibigay na prangkisa para hindi over crowded ang mga jeepneys sa mga kalsada natin mas malaki pa ang kita nila hindi yung takbo ng takbo kahit walang pasahero.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Limited naman ang jeepney franchise, marami lang talaga colorum.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Limited naman ang jeepney franchise, marami lang talaga colorum.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I don't understand why we can have the system being used in Hongkong where minibuses and coasters are being used for short trips. Here, we have simply too many jeeps.
    I think that they should reduce limit the use of jeeps for short routes and leave the long routes for buses.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    I don't understand why we can have the system being used in Hongkong where minibuses and coasters are being used for short trips. Here, we have simply too many jeeps.
    I think that they should reduce limit the use of jeeps for short routes and leave the long routes for buses.
    i agree! really long routes should be served by train.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    i agree! really long routes should be served by train.
    I doubt that they'll adopt that here....

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
A Future for Jeepneys (What do you think?)