New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Peppermint Oil po doc, tried and tested ko narin. If you don't want to take care of cats as pets. They can also be a source of problems kasi if they like to sleep inside the engine bay.

Pepper corns will also do, but kind of messy.
    where to buy peppermint oil? and how to apply it? sa engine ba mismo or you can put it in a container and place beside the car?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    where to buy peppermint oil? and how to apply it? sa engine ba mismo or you can put it in a container and place beside the car?

thanks.
    Most large supermarkets have it sir and you can also order online from Shopee or Lazada now, I believe.

Just soak some cotton balls and place them in locations where rats might pass. You can also place them inside your engine bay if you remember to remove them before driving off.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can buy anti rat spray available sa FB. Effective base sa mga users.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most large supermarkets have it sir and you can also order online from Shopee or Lazada now, I believe.

Just soak some cotton balls and place them in locations where rats might pass. You can also place them inside your engine bay if you remember to remove them before driving off.
    thanks bro!

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks bro!
    Welcome sir, I suddenly remembered that those shops and kiosks that sell electric humidifiers also sell them by the bottle.

Wifey likes to buy the Lavender oil and Citronella to keep mosquitoes away.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome sir, I suddenly remembered that those shops and kiosks that sell electric humidifiers also sell them by the bottle.

Wifey likes to buy the Lavender oil and Citronella to keep mosquitoes away.
    uy sakto, we have one like that hehe. pwede din pala sya to repel cats, minsan nasa bubong ng oto tumatambay yung cats hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    uy sakto, we have one like that hehe. pwede din pala sya to repel cats, minsan nasa bubong ng oto tumatambay yung cats hehe.
    I'm not sure if it really works on cats, we have a house cat but she never goes near our cars, I guess because she was raised to always be indoors whenever possible. Especially now that it's raining.

Let us know if it works on felines as well sir.

Rat droppings inside the engine bay are a very bad indication, and you also have to worry about Leptospirosis where they pee.

Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I'm not sure if it really works on cats, we have a house cat but she never goes near our cars, I guess because she was raised to always be indoors whenever possible. Especially now that it's raining.

Let us know if it works on felines as well sir.

Rat droppings inside the engine bay are a very bad indication, and you also have to worry about Leptospirosis where they pee.

Good luck.
    i like your cats.
    our cats are on my car roof, surveying the ground for potential targets.
    our cars have cat clawmarks.
    but we don't have rats living in our engine bays anymore.
    phyrric victory of sorts...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i think dogs also serve as rat deterrents too.

even though our house is next to an empty lot, i've never seen any rats nor any sign of them in our property. i'm pretty sure those pests wisely steer clear of k-9's on the prowl.

mice, on the other hand, is a different story altogether. our cats are too lazy to chase after them that's why from time-to-time, i see those critters inside the house. i'm not sure how they're able to enter our premises though. i think they do it via the trees w/c surround our home.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast