New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mido_ban View Post
    Please suggest ways how to get rid of rats or prevent rats/mice from entering the engine bay. These past few weeks, I always find rat poop and wiwi inside the engine compartment. i'm afraid they'll eat the electrical wires...Thanks.
    open your engine hood. rats and mice don't like light. but cats like warm beds.. if you have cats, they may take a liking to your engine bay.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Had the same problem with our cars before. I just bought an electric rat repellant from ACE hardware so far problem was solved. Pa-test mo muna kung malakas yung electro magnet bago mo bayaran I had mine replaced twice kasi.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Effective talaga yung black pepper pangontra sa mga daga. Problema namin dati yan sa kotse ng erpats ko na madalang gamitin.
    Sir Ronw123w124, kasing effective din ng ng black pepper yung mothballs? and ung black pepper nyo ba yung powder type or yung bilog bilog na maliit? And ang nakaka inis araw araw ko naman ginagamit yung auto ko. siguro naghahanap ng mainit na lulunggaan dahil tag ulan na. sakto pa nman kahapon late na kami umuwi ng misis ko. so mainit init pa yung kotse. pag check ko kanina ayun..dami pupu at may mga wiwi sa engine mismo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lexwen View Post
    Had the same problem with our cars before. I just bought an electric rat repellant from ACE hardware so far problem was solved. Pa-test mo muna kung malakas yung electro magnet bago mo bayaran I had mine replaced twice kasi.
    Sir Lexwen,
    1. ano po brand name ng electric rat repellant ninyo?
    2. how would i know kung malakas yung electro magnet or kung gumagana sya? and dba po de-plug lang yung binebenta sa ace hardware?
    3. meron po bang pang kotse (outdoor)?

sensya po sa maraming tanong ha. hehe! thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ecneret View Post
    ako gamit ko yung paper na may rugby.. di ko alam tawag don.. pero ang alam ko panghuli ng langaw yon pero pwede din naman sa mga bubwit...

hindi naman sir nagbago yung performance ng engine mo? kasi dinadaga e...
    So far nman po wala pa nagbabago pero papa double check ko narin sa Casa, malapit narin nman po kc ang PMS ko. thank you po.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    always have a clean engine bay and the surroundings where you park your vehicle. rats are normally going to places where they can find food and easily hides. they may have access to leftover foods near your parking area and they make your engine compartment as their hide-out....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you have cats, they may take a liking to your engine bay.
    a few days ago, i found a dead cat on our rarely used starex engine bay ... it smelled like a dead rat on the area so i decided to find the source and there it is, the stray cat who loves messing our outdoor stuff finally dead ... i felt both sad and happy

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try to place Dora or Baygon rat killer at the garage floor below the engine compartment. Once this disappears, the rats had surely eaten the pellet rodent killer.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    always have a clean engine bay and the surroundings where you park your vehicle. rats are normally going to places where they can find food and easily hides. they may have access to leftover foods near your parking area and they make your engine compartment as their hide-out....
    Agree to this, never park near garbage bins. And have your engine cleaned (steam washed) if possible. Rat piss and droppings might have leptospirosis.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I tried racummin. I actually placed it inside the engine bay. Sure enough they ate it. But the next few days, still found their droppings. Never found the dead rats.

I'll try Dora. Hopefully it will be more potent.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast