New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like your cats.
    our cats are on my car roof, surveying the ground for potential targets.
    our cars have cat clawmarks.
    but we don't have rats living in our engine bays anymore.
    phyrric victory of sorts...
    It's just one cat Doc and she is very well domesticated. She has her own litter box and everything.

Best part is, no mice have ever tried to infest our home.

It's the outside rats we have to worry about because we live in a wooded area.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i think dogs also serve as rat deterrents too.
    be wary lang din na even dogs are destructive kapag bored at hindi na-spent ang high energy nila. well, depends sa breed ng aso at kung na train but before, i had 3 young askals sa compound and nginatngat yung wires sa ilalim ng RAV4 ni wifey[emoji849] brought them all to the farm and serve as guard dogs, mula nun naging behave na sila[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monty_GTV; September 10th, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I'm not sure if it really works on cats, we have a house cat but she never goes near our cars, I guess because she was raised to always be indoors whenever possible. Especially now that it's raining.

Let us know if it works on felines as well sir.

Rat droppings inside the engine bay are a very bad indication, and you also have to worry about Leptospirosis where they pee.

Good luck.
    Cats can be menacing as rats, litters/kittens can fit on cramped spaces of an engine bay and have teeths as sharp as a razor (first teeth growth causes an itch which is soothed by biting on something like a wire)

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i think dogs also serve as rat deterrents too.

even though our house is next to an empty lot, i've never seen any rats nor any sign of them in our property. i'm pretty sure those pests wisely steer clear of k-9's on the prowl.

mice, on the other hand, is a different story altogether. our cats are too lazy to chase after them that's why from time-to-time, i see those critters inside the house. i'm not sure how they're able to enter our premises though. i think they do it via the trees w/c surround our home.
    the other day, yung dog namin keeps on barking sa may halaman namin sa backyard namin. na corner nya pala yung malaking rat. yung pusa namin, nanunuod lang kasi halos magkasing laki lang sila nung rat hehe. ayun, pinag tulungan pa namin ng aso ko para patayin yung rat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456