New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Yes. Lahat ng mirage mt ganyan.
    I think it is the something to do with the design of the transmission.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    Wala din sila ata balak baguhin yung design na ganun siguro. Salamat po.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Oh, I thought it was because the bumper is too nose heavy and made with something flimsy.

I've read that some owners "fix" it by loosening the bolts of the hood and pulling it forward enough to close the gap. Not sure if that'll cause another set of problems but that's one way to do it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
    Un mirage ko din bago lang pero medyo malaki na un gap between hood and bumper.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    kung minsan nga dipa pumapasok e. nagshishift muna ako sa 1st gear den neutral balik den reverse uli para pumasok

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Started this thread earlier as I am thinking of buying a GLX (hatchback)... for those times when I'm in Manila.

Basically my mom's house was renovated and only a small hatchback will fit in the garage left (my sisters are using the other parking slots)

Rented a Mirage G4 GLS for almost 2 weeks (I'm not sure of the car's age, Odo had 31k but its a small rental company and the car was named to an individual, not a company... Big car companies cannot provide a car for the 24th and 25th)

This turned out to be a good thing as I was able to test drive the Mirage G4 and compare it to the Almera.

And yes the Almera was a better car and comparing the Mirage to it was a very big mistake...

Pros (G4)
    Space - reminded me of the 1st and 2nd gen Vios
    Features - reverse camera, button to start/stop the engine
    There's a space above the glove compartment where you can keep your phone (big plus)

Cons
    There was a second delay in engine response, I wanted to overtake another car and stepped on the gas pedal... nothing happened! should have tried this on a straight line before trying to overtake
    Noise - too much of it, you can hear the road the engine and everything else
    Handling - there was a part of C5 (I think it was the motorcycle lane after Taguig) where the car just lost poise and I had to reduce speed
    Suspension - it was soft! 3 adults + luggage and you have to think twice!
    A/C - barely surviving (on a December)

Thoughts.

My wife who doesn't care about cars felt the difference while riding/driving the Mirage vs the Almera.
    Max 2 passengers + luggage or 3-4 passengers without luggage and the Mirage will be fine
    I guess at less than 700k, there are a lot of choices out there but the Mirage is one of the bigger cars and you'll always get what you paid for

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Nice inputs. Im thinking your test g4 vehicle is a gls.

Yes. All your points are basically on point. That is why at a certain price point(700k) the mirage doesnt make sense.

Is the almera you drove the 1.5 or the 1.2 version?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Rode a G4 sedan in one of my Grab trips. The A/C thing is real. I've had the driver crank up the A/C and I was still sweating in the back.

But given the size constraints, you might want to consider the Swift instead. It has almost the exact dimensions as the hatchback Mirage. 15-in wheels, heftier suspension, 4-cylinder engine (more balanced, less vibration, and quieter than a 3-cyl engine), 87hp (vs 78hp on the Mirage), 114Nm of torque (vs 100Nm from the Mirage).
    Last edited by oj88; January 2nd, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sorry, didn't check the exact model of the Almera (although it was manual)

Back to the Mirage... I'm 5'8 and when driving the car with the "correct driving position." Visor will be useless as it will cover my view! The top part of the steering wheel also covers the turn lights.

Speedo and Odo has this blue hue but at night, it turns to orange!

Shifter also does not light up at night which can be an issue when driving the car for the first time.

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Rode a G4 sedan in one of my Grab trips. The A/C thing is real. I've had the driver crank up the A/C and I was still sweating in the back.

But given the size constraints, you might want to consider the Swift instead. It has almost the exact dimensions as the hatchback Mirage. 15-in wheels, heftier suspension, 4-cylinder engine (more balanced, less vibration, and quieter than a 3-cyl engine), 87hp (vs 78hp on the Mirage), 114Nm of torque (vs 100Nm from the Mirage).
    The Swift is also my favorite minicar. But damn that backseat can barely fit a 2-legged human. Amputees will be fine though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Swift is also my favorite minicar. But damn that backseat can barely fit a 2-legged human. Amputees will be fine though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    that's what my officemate who has one, says.
    "grocery bags lang at yung anakong 6 year old, ang kumportable sa likod."
    heh heh.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Mirage - Issues/Problems?