New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 113 of 501 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    664
    #1121
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    i did that, i installed a boost gauge so that i can monitor my boost, rather than rev your engine then uoshift, i look atthe boost gauge and once i see 14psi, that means i have maxed out the power from the turbo, then i upshift. having a bosst gauge is not juss for the rice effect, useful talaga.
    yup im thinking of it too, kasi many people think na being rice kasi... care to share what brand you bought sa tachometer with shift light mo? easy lang ba mag install? kasi honestly, i don't really trust the mechanics here in Cebu, hehe.

    Also where did you get your tach with shift lights for diesel? kasi marami dito pero puro for gas
    Last edited by tancho_kuhaku; March 8th, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

  2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    664
    #1122
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Sir if you are only concern with the boost you can install a gauge safely but with a manual boost controller will not do any thing good, it is only use to regulate the boost if you are boosting above 20psi, if lower than 20 you dont need a controller. A boost gauge can be installed 2 ways,

    1 is to install in in the hose going to the MAP sensor and
    2 you can install it in the hose of the waste gate all boost gauge comes with a T-connector for easy installation.

    But like what sir nismo indicated you can open the waste gate with the controller to give you more boost.

    Just know this the ECU is the one regulating the boost our system have a boost limiter (safety feature), there for the 11 to 15 psi boost will be your top boost.

    For tach meter with shift light for shifting if it is manual pwede din siya install only the RPM is need to be connected to the ECU since our trucks is electronic na po you need to get an electronic diagram po nag ECU to determine the right wire where you will tap the tach meter.
    Just my note sir hope this give you some info po.
    Okay, thanks sa clarifications sir dadz! pero i dont have any upgrades or whatsoever, i just want to see when to upshift and pag tama na yung turbo spool.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,013
    #1123
    Quote Originally Posted by tancho_kuhaku View Post
    yup im thinking of it too, kasi many people think na being rice kasi... care to share what brand you bought sa tachometer with shift light mo? easy lang ba mag install? kasi honestly, i don't really trust the mechanics here in Cebu, hehe.
    didnt know how to d it, but when i saw the mechanic how he installed the boost gauge, i think it's relatively easy. ako kasi i had a chip installed, so i decided to have a turbo gauge installed, brand is "auto gauge" taiwan made, but i didnt connect it to the parklight as the bulb inside gets too hot, i dont want the gauge to melt.

  4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    664
    #1124
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    didnt know how to d it, but when i saw the mechanic how he installed the boost gauge, i think it's relatively easy. ako kasi i had a chip installed, so i decided to have a turbo gauge installed, brand is "auto gauge" taiwan made, but i didnt connect it to the parklight as the bulb inside gets too hot, i dont want the gauge to melt.
    hmm ganun? maybe switching the bulbs to leds para di mainit?

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,957
    #1125
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    *LR

    ahh akala ko sa kanya, puwet lang kasi nakita ko

    nakasalubong ko din yung monster truck ni sir boy25 sa mc arthur lastweek baka galing kila don manolo

    ibang klase!

    bro txt mo naman ako pag may ganyan kayo na malapit baka puwede ako sumama...gusto kong tumulo laway ko hehe
    sige bro txt kita....

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,013
    #1126
    Quote Originally Posted by tancho_kuhaku View Post
    hmm ganun? maybe switching the bulbs to leds para di mainit?

    puwede din but am afraid to pry open the boost gauge, maya masira ko pa or maaffect yun accuracy ng gauge.

  7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    664
    #1127
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Sir if you are only concern with the boost you can install a gauge safely but with a manual boost controller will not do any thing good, it is only use to regulate the boost if you are boosting above 20psi, if lower than 20 you dont need a controller. A boost gauge can be installed 2 ways,

    1 is to install in in the hose going to the MAP sensor and
    2 you can install it in the hose of the waste gate all boost gauge comes with a T-connector for easy installation.

    But like what sir nismo indicated you can open the waste gate with the controller to give you more boost.

    Just know this the ECU is the one regulating the boost our system have a boost limiter (safety feature), there for the 11 to 15 psi boost will be your top boost.

    For tach meter with shift light for shifting if it is manual pwede din siya install only the RPM is need to be connected to the ECU since our trucks is electronic na po you need to get an electronic diagram po nag ECU to determine the right wire where you will tap the tach meter.
    Just my note sir hope this give you some info po.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    didnt know how to d it, but when i saw the mechanic how he installed the boost gauge, i think it's relatively easy. ako kasi i had a chip installed, so i decided to have a turbo gauge installed, brand is "auto gauge" taiwan made, but i didnt connect it to the parklight as the bulb inside gets too hot, i dont want the gauge to melt.

    im thinking of tachometers like these, are these the correct ones to install? yung with shift lights?


    (Photo borrowed from net.)


    Photo borrowed from net.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,013
    #1128
    Quote Originally Posted by tancho_kuhaku View Post
    im thinking of tachometers like these, are these the correct ones to install? yung with shift lights?


    (Photo borrowed from net.)


    Photo borrowed from net.
    these tachometer gauges, not boost gauges, tachometer monitors the rpm of the engine, the boost gauges monitors the boost(psi, or kg/cm2) of the turbo.our stradas are equipped with oem tachometer in the dash so i see no need for the item you posted in your picture, maybe if you are racing, thats when you need the shift light...

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    316
    #1129
    Sir Jim, di pa kayo ng join? Join na kayo at makigulo sa mga lakad nila.hehe
    Nakasama ko strada club sa ilocos fun run, after that, gusto ko na bumili ng strada. haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post

    I'd rather have a club president who has a sense of humor rather than a "too serious" one ( di pa ako member sumisipsip na nyahahahaha).

  10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    664
    #1130
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    these tachometer gauges, not boost gauges, tachometer monitors the rpm of the engine, the boost gauges monitors the boost(psi, or kg/cm2) of the turbo.our stradas are equipped with oem tachometer in the dash so i see no need for the item you posted in your picture, maybe if you are racing, thats when you need the shift light...

    ahh okay thanks sa clarification sir. thanks!

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]