New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 225 of 501 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hay nako. I just got my ride from the casa where I complained for the nth time the swishing noise when you turn the steering wheel. After 3 days of dismantling my steering system, they eventually returned the car for me and I will bring the ride back to the shop when the warranty parts arrive. They said that they are replacing the valve kit of the rack and pinion system, as this is the one that is making the noise. Sus, napalitan na nila yung buong rack and pinion when I complained the SAME noise back at around 1-2K pa ang mileage ko. At around 10k and 15K, nireklamo ko rin, they just lubricated the steering wheel area. Pero bumalik pa rin ang ingay. Now at 20K, talagang pinilit ko na. After they released my ride at 20K, nandiyan pa rin, kaya after 1 week, binalik ko. At eto na nga, warranty claim. Nakakainis, kasi pabalik balik na lang ako.

Another point which I posted in the strada PMS thread, I found out that they now put in 15W40 mineral based oil, at a whopping price of 255/liter, what used to be 225/liter when they were using 20W50. Nung nakita ko na 20W50, tinanong ko bakit hindi 15w40, at ang sabi nila noon pang 20w50 daw ang makina. Nung nakita ko na 15w40 na, sabi sa akin, yan na daw ang pinapalagay ng mitsubishi head office sa strada! Wow, anlabo, meyn!

To compare, I also pulled out my casa records from Kia and Toyota. Kia's 15w40 is 185/liter (but I have a 20% discount at this casa so it comes to 148/liter), while toyota casa charges 170/liter. Sinabi ko sa mitsu adviser kanina na ganun ang presyo, bakit ang mahal ng mitsu engine oil, ang sagot sa akin original mitsu engine oil mahal talaga kasi pang mitsu. Ows??

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mga bossing,

plannin to get a mitsubishi strada gls sport v next week. ang pinakamalapit samin ay yung sa may balintawak. pwede rin ung sa may quezon ave. may marerecommend ba kayo na SA? At alin ang mas ok sa dalawa?

ano palang pwedeng hingin na freebies at discounts pag bank financing?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelsantos View Post
    Hello po mga sir. I'm a new proud owner of a Strada GLX V. Just got my truck a few days ago. Super newbie pa po talaga, actually this is my first car. Dati kasi nanghihiram lang kila ermats ng auto hehehe.. Actually nag post na po ako sa Facebook Strada Club kanina lang, pareho lang po ito at yun diba? Would like to know more about the truck kasi so I can maximize its use. =)

BTW nagtatalo talo kasi kami ng husband ko sa procedures ng pag break in ng bagong sasakyan. Naisip ko po mag post para atleast maka kuha ako ng sagot sa mga sanay ng handlers ng Strada.. =)

Hopefully I get a reply.. =) More power po to the club and hopefully makasali din po.. =)
    Hello Maam. Welcome to the thread and congrats on your new ride.

Just a quick run down na lang po bigay ko na advise.

- try varying your speeds po when driving, Sometimes 60/80/100/120 kph.
    - try not to go over 3,000 rpm
    - avoid sudden bursts of acceleration
    - make sure to warm up the truck in the morning
    - after a long drive, try not to turn off the engine right away, allow 2-5 mins for the oil to cool down inside your turbo to avoid premature turbo failure.
    - lastly, try not to think too much about it and enjoy the ride with your family.

For additional info kindly use the search feature as it has been discussed time and again na po. If you want a more personal advise you may bring your ride to one of the meetups of the club, sign up and blast away with more questions. Club members are very helpful and you shouldn't have a hard time getting answers to your queries. Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Hay nako. I just got my ride from the casa where I complained for the nth time the swishing noise when you turn the steering wheel. After 3 days of dismantling my steering system, they eventually returned the car for me and I will bring the ride back to the shop when the warranty parts arrive. They said that they are replacing the valve kit of the rack and pinion system, as this is the one that is making the noise. Sus, napalitan na nila yung buong rack and pinion when I complained the SAME noise back at around 1-2K pa ang mileage ko. At around 10k and 15K, nireklamo ko rin, they just lubricated the steering wheel area. Pero bumalik pa rin ang ingay. Now at 20K, talagang pinilit ko na. After they released my ride at 20K, nandiyan pa rin, kaya after 1 week, binalik ko. At eto na nga, warranty claim. Nakakainis, kasi pabalik balik na lang ako.

Another point which I posted in the strada PMS thread, I found out that they now put in 15W40 mineral based oil, at a whopping price of 255/liter, what used to be 225/liter when they were using 20W50. Nung nakita ko na 20W50, tinanong ko bakit hindi 15w40, at ang sabi nila noon pang 20w50 daw ang makina. Nung nakita ko na 15w40 na, sabi sa akin, yan na daw ang pinapalagay ng mitsubishi head office sa strada! Wow, anlabo, meyn!

To compare, I also pulled out my casa records from Kia and Toyota. Kia's 15w40 is 185/liter (but I have a 20% discount at this casa so it comes to 148/liter), while toyota casa charges 170/liter. Sinabi ko sa mitsu adviser kanina na ganun ang presyo, bakit ang mahal ng mitsu engine oil, ang sagot sa akin original mitsu engine oil mahal talaga kasi pang mitsu. Ows??
    Hello Sir. Sorry to hear about your problems with your ride. I do hope maayos po ito agad. At least po the mitsu guys are trying to do something about it. Have you tried changing casa's? From previous posts, some casa personnel are better than others even if they supposedly receive the same training. Maybe sir Ian can help din po... Calling on S'Ianmitsulancer.

With regards to engine oil, been using 5w-40 kasi and I always bring my own oil. They do allow it naman para makatipid po kayo so long as within specs ng ginagamit ng mitsubishi. Good luck po and I really do hope your problem gets resolved soon. Do keep us posted sir. Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel View Post
    mga bossing,

plannin to get a mitsubishi strada gls sport v next week. ang pinakamalapit samin ay yung sa may balintawak. pwede rin ung sa may quezon ave. may marerecommend ba kayo na SA? At alin ang mas ok sa dalawa?

ano palang pwedeng hingin na freebies at discounts pag bank financing?
    Hello Sir. I think, balintawak is handled by citimotors while quezon ave is by diamond motors. Si Sir Xave is a member of the club and I think he works in balintawak. Just check his number in the facebook page. My SA kasi is from Marcos Highway in marikina pero part pa rin naman ng Diamond Motors rin. I would recommend looking for Jeanette Frogoso sa Diamond Marcos. She can also help you out. You can probably ask for longer warranty, bigger discounts and the standard freebies or have the standard freebies converted to cash na lang and buy better stuff for your ride. Wala po masyado freebies kasi pag bank finance unlike pag inhouse. Good luck ang Congratulations in advance.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    Hello Maam. Welcome to the thread and congrats on your new ride.

Just a quick run down na lang po bigay ko na advise.

- try varying your speeds po when driving, Sometimes 60/80/100/120 kph.
    - try not to go over 3,000 rpm
    - avoid sudden bursts of acceleration
    - make sure to warm up the truck in the morning
    - after a long drive, try not to turn off the engine right away, allow 2-5 mins for the oil to cool down inside your turbo to avoid premature turbo failure.
    - lastly, try not to think too much about it and enjoy the ride with your family.

For additional info kindly use the search feature as it has been discussed time and again na po. If you want a more personal advise you may bring your ride to one of the meetups of the club, sign up and blast away with more questions. Club members are very helpful and you shouldn't have a hard time getting answers to your queries. Hope this helps.
    Sir salamt po for the very warm welcome! =) Salamat din po sa tip and I've also read a lot of posts na about breaking in.. Iba iba talaga ang mga opinions when it comes to this but atleast siguro susundin ko nalang kung ano yung usually common.. hehe.. thanks ang galing talaga ng forum na to napaka informative! =)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelsantos View Post
    Sir salamt po for the very warm welcome! =) Salamat din po sa tip and I've also read a lot of posts na about breaking in.. Iba iba talaga ang mga opinions when it comes to this but atleast siguro susundin ko nalang kung ano yung usually common.. hehe.. thanks ang galing talaga ng forum na to napaka informative! =)
    You're welcome po. Sana po maka join kayo ng hubby niyo sa club. God Bless.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe the on ein balintawak is handled by union motors, same as the one in paco. i pulled out my strda from the balintawah showroom and had to picked it up from union paco when i got my 3.2 gls m/t strada.... this is just me but i really hate union motors paco....haven't tried balintawak so i am in no position to comment on them...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    guys, question naman po. natangal yung plastic na dulo ng rear bumper ko (right side). so yung bakal na parang skeleton nalang ang natira. i tried looking sa banawe, sa eRod side yung usually may mitsu parts pero walang meron. sa casa naman, assembly na 12k for the whole bumper.

saan po ka ya makakabili nito? maraming salamat!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    Hello Sir. Sorry to hear about your problems with your ride. I do hope maayos po ito agad. At least po the mitsu guys are trying to do something about it. Have you tried changing casa's? From previous posts, some casa personnel are better than others even if they supposedly receive the same training. Maybe sir Ian can help din po... Calling on S'Ianmitsulancer.

With regards to engine oil, been using 5w-40 kasi and I always bring my own oil. They do allow it naman para makatipid po kayo so long as within specs ng ginagamit ng mitsubishi. Good luck po and I really do hope your problem gets resolved soon. Do keep us posted sir. Thank you.
    sorry i saw this just now... some, if not most strada owners bring their own oil to have it changed... but do take note that some casas like Citimotors alabang, according to some of them charge a ridiculous corkage fee if you do bring your own!

as for the noise at the steering column, may i know what casa do u bring it to? you might want to consider bringing it to another casa for a second opinion. HTH... but lets wait for the others to reply as they might have another solution.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]