New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    can we use chicken manure as fertilizer in gardening? and where can we buy this?
    Pwedeng pwede sir CB, yan din pinapakain sa tilapia. Usually poultry farms do sell these chick manure already dried up to remove pathogens. Pero recommend ko kung may space ka for for compost, ito pinaka the best. Tapon mo lang doon lahat ng biodegradable waste collected from the house then put cover (but with enough ventilation). Wait for couple of months, the decomposed part settles at the buttom that u could collect. It may need periodic watering and aeration din to speedup decomposition. It becomes hot when bacteria kicks in with decomposition.

I have one in the house while in the farm its a vermicompost - african worms digest the shredded leaves etc then the droppings becomes fertilizer. This is the best i've tried so far, very fine and even ang outcome no more need to treat under the sun.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Pwedeng pwede sir CB, yan din pinapakain sa tilapia. Usually poultry farms do sell these chick manure already dried up to remove pathogens. Pero recommend ko kung may space ka for for compost, ito pinaka the best. Tapon mo lang doon lahat ng biodegradable waste collected from the house then put cover (but with enough ventilation). Wait for couple of months, the decomposed part settles at the buttom that u could collect. It may need periodic watering and aeration din to speedup decomposition. It becomes hot when bacteria kicks in with decomposition.

I have one in the house while in the farm its a vermicompost - african worms digest the shredded leaves etc then the droppings becomes fertilizer. This is the best i've tried so far, very fine and even ang outcome no more need to treat under the sun.
    pano yung worms? may compost bin kami sa bahay. usually mga chopped veggies and latak ng fruits from juicer nilalagay namin.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    pano yung worms? may compost bin kami sa bahay. usually mga chopped veggies and latak ng fruits from juicer nilalagay namin.
    Yung african worms medyo controlled environment, may bedding at shade,no water pooling. Iwas din sa mga alagang manok na may mga sisiw para hindi maubos. Kung sa bahay ok na ang regular compost, at least dalawang compost box para madali ang extraction. Yung regular worms and magotts din ang nakakapagpabilis ng decomposition, pero not desirable ang flies since baka magkalat ng sakit kaya dapat may cover or net.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Organic farming does not work too well in commercial farming. Chicken manure from poultry farms are becoming too acidic. See what chemicals and medicines they are feeding chickens these days.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Say that the soil does become acidic/akaline/mineralized, is it basically game over for the farm?

Is it also advisable to use fishpond water? Although i can see the same problems as with chicken poop kung feeds and pinapakain dun.

Been doing some experiments at home: composting, reusing fish tank water for plants. Dunno, there's just something in the efficiency that i like.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Organic farming does not work too well in commercial farming. Chicken manure from poultry farms are becoming too acidic. See what chemicals and medicines they are feeding chickens these days.

Anong reason sir? Mas malaki lang talaga yields ng commercial ferts? Or wala lang makuhanang steady supply ng compost? Composting seems easy enough to do(though i haven't been able to do this on my compost bin -- nagigigng tambayan ng langgam, ipis, at butiki :D )

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Difficult to implement organic in commercial scale and market is not ready to pay more for organic produce. Laziness and hardheadedness of growers / farmers. Plus corruption, not government but business. Consultants and managers earn more commissions from using commercial fertilizers.

Farmers want what is convenient also so they tend to use commercial fertilizers. Do you know how much pesticides and insecticides they apply now in rice farms? They put a lot that not even birds dare fly in such an area.

There are some good fertilizers in the market but it's hard to teach old farmers new tricks and very few new generation of farmers are produced. The smarter children of farmers tend to migrate to the city for greener pastures. Very few study agriculture and go back to their homelands. Why would a farmer want their children to study being a farmer?

People in provinces think rice farming does not yield much income. A hectare of rice using a better system and technology can produce 6-8 tons per harvest or 12 tons annually compared to the national average of 3-4 tons annually.

There is no PURE organic produce that is being made in a commercial scale. Passing international requirements for organic certification does not mean they don't use any chemicals at all. They still use chemicals but ones that are certified, they're still chemicals.
    Last edited by Walter; April 17th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Composting seems easy enough to do(though i haven't been able to do this on my compost bin -- nagigigng tambayan ng langgam, ipis, at butiki :D )
    Precisely why farmers don't like to do this on a commercial basis. It's just not practical. Imagine the pest problem if implemented on a large scale basis, say 100 or 1000 hectares.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014

sa aking munting sapantaha, sa ganang akin e hindi naman ito nakaka apekto. kase tubig padin yan at kahet san pa galing ang tubig na yaan e tatanggapin ng lupa yaan para sa halaman, maliban nalamnag kung may halong kemikal yaan na nakakalason sa halaman. sa mga pananim namin dati galing tubig imburnal ang gamit namin pero naaabsorb naman ng lupa para sa mga tanim, kapag nasala mo ang dumi nere at pung tubig nalamang at wala na halong ibang bagay nakaka tulong padin ito, hanggang sa mag karon ng tubig poso. wag lang tubig dagat ang gagamitin mo sigurado patay halaman mo kapag ganun.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    I'm interested on organic farming in a commercial scale. Say 50 hectare, is it viable bro Walter?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast