New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quick question lang po sa mga gentlemen farmers dito sa tsikot: in the long run, nakakasira ba yung tubig na galing sa balon/spring/poso sa lupa? i saw this docu in passing about mineralization ruining the soil, to the point that nothing will grow any more. E di ba madaming minerals(calcium? manganese) yung tubig poso/balon?

That said, what other alternatives are there? Do you need to treat the water in some way to make it less mineral-ly?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'm no farming expert but what i suppose your use for the question is for plants or irrigation. Well , any source of water whether from balon, river, stream , city supplied even rain has their own individual contents/minerals yet plants still grow. It's the absence of water that will hinder the life of a plant. Now if your into a particular use of farming like hydroponic or the like, then the water should be something you have to threat to specific level.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    share ko na lang ito sir. napansin ko lang sa mga farm lots namin.

'yung patubig namin eh galing rin sa poso or pumped from underground.
    palay ang tanim namin. napansin ko lang na may taon na iba naman ang nakatanim.
    ang sabi ng mga farmers namin: nawawala daw ang sustansiya ng lupa kaya minsan
    kailangan rin taniman ng iba. para nga rin daw tao 'yan na minsan eh pakakainin mo
    ng ibang klase ng ulam.

hindi naman ako eksperto sa mga ganyan, but i think it really works.
    wala naman kasi akong alam na inihahalo nila sa tubig except the fertilizers and/or insecticides.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The soil becomes acidic over time from too much chemical fertilizers being used hence the need to plant other crops so they say. Not really that effective but that's all they know. Best is to use bacteria based fertilizer to "normalize" the soil.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Acidity and other vital minerals are washed out, hence the need for fertilization. Try organic farming using compost and chicken manure as fertilizers. Makikita mo kung acidic, madali tubuan ng cogon or other weeds that thrive from acidic soil.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Acidity and other vital minerals are washed out, hence the need for fertilization. Try organic farming using compost and chicken manure as fertilizers. Makikita mo kung acidic, madali tubuan ng cogon or other weeds that thrive from acidic soil.
    pardon my ignorance, but if the soil is too acidic/akaline, isn't it just a matter of adding a base/acid to neutralize it, e.g calcium, eggshells, ash?

baket nga ba industrial fertilizer ang preferred? mas effective kesa organic/compost?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Soil becomes acidic or alkalinic when minerals gets unbalanced, maybe due to too much irrigation too frequent tillage of soil minerals gets washed away or toomuch concentration of unwanted minerals. Depends on what crops you are growing, for example some mango trees wont bear fruit if you dont induce with fertilizers like calcium nitrate, same with pineapples and rice. One advantage of doing organic is that the mineral content are balanced, they are also cheap to produce if you know how. Industrial fertilizers are just easier to implement like they're water soluble and could be sprayed, organic needs to be in direct contact with the soil near the plant else you will end up needing tons of it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    pardon my ignorance, but if the soil is too acidic/akaline, isn't it just a matter of adding a base/acid to neutralize it, e.g calcium, eggshells, ash?

baket nga ba industrial fertilizer ang preferred? mas effective kesa organic/compost?
    This forum should be able to answer your questions better.
    PCAARRD Message Board

PCAARRD Message Board
    Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources Research and Development

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    can we use chicken manure as fertilizer in gardening? and where can we buy this?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast