New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

I'm doing that too. However, the weather is (still) not cooperating. Planting forage greens and perimeter fruit trees in the meantime. Will start with veggies when the first rains come.

I'm looking for supplier/seller of Fire Trees and Acacia Trees. There used to be a lot of them in Sulit. But now that it's bought by OLX, I dont see them posting ads now.

Any suggestion where I can find or contact them?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

I think Dupay Seeds have them. Check in Facebook.

BTW, those trees take time to grow and mature.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; May 11th, 2016 at 09:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    ^

I'm doing that too. However, the weather is (still) not cooperating. Planting forage greens and perimeter fruit trees in the meantime. Will start with veggies when the first rains come.
    Is ipil-ipil an ideal perimeter tree? it is rich in nitrogen being leguminous

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    I'm looking for supplier/seller of Fire Trees and Acacia Trees. There used to be a lot of them in Sulit. But now that it's bought by OLX, I dont see them posting ads now.

Any suggestion where I can find or contact them?

Thanks.
    nakabili ako ng Fire Tree seedling in mahogany market. its 50pesos per seedling. i think you can nego to 3 seedlings for 100 pesos.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    btw, i saw Buendia Plant Nursery this morning along Malugay. not sure if they sell seedlings also.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XploY View Post
    Is ipil-ipil an ideal perimeter tree? it is rich in nitrogen being leguminous
    Yup, dried ipil-ipil leaves can be mixed with dry feed for livestock or as compost component. Mature wood can be used as indigenous materials around the farm.

A portion of my perimeter is planted with two rows of ipil-ipil.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    nakabili ako ng Fire Tree seedling in mahogany market. its 50pesos per seedling. i think you can nego to 3 seedlings for 100 pesos.
    Thankd bro. Will try that.

Sent from my SM-G906L using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Yup, dried ipil-ipil leaves can be mixed with dry feed for livestock or as compost component. Mature wood can be used as indigenous materials around the farm.

A portion of my perimeter is planted with two rows of ipil-ipil.
    Thank you bro

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

You can also use kakawate. Leaves can be used as herbage for big and small ruminants, while the tree trunks can be used as live fencing material.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456