image.jpg

PCST should be included

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

image.jpg

PCST should be included

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by amoyligo View Post
    Isa sa pinaka underrated saint jude catholic school. Puchaa lahat ng nanalo sa math contest jan nangaling. Sinisisiw entrace sa ateneo.
    Kung gusto mo wala social life anak mo jan mo paaralin.
    So true, puro aral ang pinag-aatupag nila pero heto naman kung ang bata ay sobrang kulit, sa st jude sya nababagay. 101% guarantee titinu ang bata.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yung St. Jude na kilala ko (this is just me ha), either introverted or nagwala pag tapak sa college. But i agree na they're good based on the smarts of the people i knew.
    :D
    +1, they are the smart people but not street smart as Xavier or ICA. karamihan ng taga xavier walang laman ang utak (no offense ah) pero street smart sila. yung mga anak ng pulitiko, business tycoon etc... dyan sila pinag-aral ng kanilang magulang. they do busines tru connections pag graduate sa college . ang mga connections nila yung naging classmates/schoolmates din sa xavier na mga anak ng mga pulitiko, business tycoon etc...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Parang gusto ko na tuloy mag tAyo ng school... He he
    bro not a good idea yan better ang culto o religious sector pero magiging mortal enemy kayo ni kim henares lang nga.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Woodrose & Southridge, both Opus Dei schools should be in the list.
    Plus the bond pa.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A good private grade school for me is a must, but hopefully for high school my future kids pass Pisay.
    I'm an alumnus and I just submitted by eldest son's NCE application this week. I'm hoping he passes because if he doesn't I have to deal with #9 on this list :crying:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hindi din pala ganun kamahal yung 8,9,10... Akala ko above 150k per yr. ang hS dun...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If you are planning to send your child to an expensive school, aside from the quality of education, look at the facilities also. Kung yung buildings, classrooms, library, computers etc... ay napaka luma na, nagpapataba lang ng bulsa yung mga may-ari.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Parang gusto ko na tuloy mawalay sa anak ko at paaralin na sa Pisay. Dun naman uncle niya sa MM eh.

Puwede na kasi lateral admission sa Pisay pala ngayon.
    Wala namang mawawala bro if pagtake mo siya ng NCE. Pwede siya sa uncle niya or sa dorm ng Pisay. Iba rin kasi buhay intern, they learn to be independent really early. Although sa pagiging extern, natutuo ako magcommute sa kung saan saan, regardless kung bumabagyo or bumabaha. Matututo ka rin talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    I have a cousin who graduated from Pisay. She discouraged her sister from going there (they didn't get in anyway). Their family would visit us sometimes and she would always bring with her study materials hehehe

Modesty aside, I am supposed to go to Pisay. I am a waitlister which qualified after some students backed out. But during that time there was snail mail only and I received the offer letter by late July. I already established myself (both acads and friends) in a State U HS so I didn't accept it.

Php600 per year lang tuition ko hahaha
    Depende sa tao yan - in my batch, there were really some people who had to study a lot to stay afloat. Yung iba naman, matatalino talaga so petiks lang pero gumraduate. Yung iba, matalino and masipag and usually these are the ones who graduate with honors.

As far as I remember, I never had to pay tuition. I also had free books (you just borrow books from the school then return at the end of the year). But by far, the best part is the stipend - P1,500 per month. Of course, I didn't know how to handle money back then, so I ended up buying a new phone every few months instead of saving and investing the money.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I'm an alumnus and I just submitted by eldest son's NCE application this week. I'm hoping he passes because if he doesn't I have to deal with #9 on this list :crying:
    Good luck to your kid bro, I hope he gets in! BTW, who were the notable teachers back in your day? I'd assume Ma'am Caintic, Ma'am Bernal, Sir Cips, and the like were already institutions even way before you started hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    +1, they are the smart people but not street smart as Xavier or ICA. karamihan ng taga xavier walang laman ang utak (no offense ah) pero street smart sila. yung mga anak ng pulitiko, business tycoon etc... dyan sila pinag-aral ng kanilang magulang. they do busines tru connections pag graduate sa college . ang mga connections nila yung naging classmates/schoolmates din sa xavier na mga anak ng mga pulitiko, business tycoon etc...
    I have a different experience with XS/ICA graduates. In our batch, mas achiever di hamak ang mga XS/ICA kaysa St. Jude. If they're not gunning for latin honors, they're org leaders, or perhaps even both.

The ME summa cum laude and batch valedictorian that graduated this year was from XS. 3.99 QPI (4.00 max). He was also active in our org (MEA) and ACLC so he isn't a one-trick pony.

Tiffy Uy, UP's valedictorian, is from ICA, and made headlines for having the highest GWA in post-war history. These people aren't exceptions, a lot of the XS/ICA grads I know really do well in college.

As to being street smart, not all of them are (especially ICA girls). They have sheltered lives, which they don't have to break out of since Ateneo is equally utopian. But there are some who really turn out to be good leaders and are able to maximize their connections. You can't expect them to have the same diskarte as people who came from lower economic backgrounds, but they have their way of getting things done.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    check out the local schools w/c produced arithmetic prodigies here

PH tops Singapore Math Olympiad; Pinoy kid gets perfect score

hindi ko pa nadinig iyong school ng perfect scorer habang iyong alma mater ko bronze "lang" ang highest award nakuha

kudos to these math henyos
    Last edited by baludoy; August 21st, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast