New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wala namang mawawala bro if pagtake mo siya ng NCE. Pwede siya sa uncle niya or sa dorm ng Pisay. Iba rin kasi buhay intern, they learn to be independent really early. Although sa pagiging extern, natutuo ako magcommute sa kung saan saan, regardless kung bumabagyo or bumabaha. Matututo ka rin talaga.
    Pumasa na siya NCE. Kaso hindi nga namin pinatuloy this school year. But my wife is having second thoughts lalo na nang malaman niya na puwede na pala lateral admission ngayon.

Para kasing bored sa local science hs ang anak ko. We definitely need to decide before next year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wala namang mawawala bro if pagtake mo siya ng NCE. Pwede siya sa uncle niya or sa dorm ng Pisay. Iba rin kasi buhay intern, they learn to be independent really early. Although sa pagiging extern, natutuo ako magcommute sa kung saan saan, regardless kung bumabagyo or bumabaha. Matututo ka rin talaga.
    Pumasa na siya NCE. Kaso hindi nga namin pinatuloy this school year. But my wife is having second thoughts lalo na nang malaman niya na puwede na pala lateral admission ngayon.

Para kasing bored sa local science hs ang anak ko. We definitely need to decide before next year.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    check out the local schools w/c produced arithmetic prodigies here

PH tops Singapore Math Olympiad; Pinoy kid gets perfect score

hindi ko pa nadinig iyong school ng perfect scorer habang iyong alma mater ko bronze "lang" ang highest award nakuha

kudos to these math henyos
    I was following these contests the past week since one of my friends had 2 (!) of his kids join the contests. One in SG and one in China. Hati tuloy silang magasawa kung saan pupunta. Sulit naman yung pagod cuz one of them won Gold, while the other won a Merit Award. Bilib din ako sa mga bata cuz they're from Bicol (yung isa Pisay Bicol, yung isa local elementary school sa Bicol), yet they were able to go toe-to-toe with the best of Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post

Suggestion ko talaga ipag-Pisay niyo na, lalo na if you see na he can do so much more than what his local HS is giving him. It will also increase his chances of getting into whatever college he chooses. Only drawback is he has to start with a science/math course, but pwede naman magshift later on kung ayaw niya pala talaga sa fields na yun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I have a different experience with XS/ICA graduates. In our batch, mas achiever di hamak ang mga XS/ICA kaysa St. Jude. If they're not gunning for latin honors, they're org leaders, or perhaps even both.

The ME summa cum laude and batch valedictorian that graduated this year was from XS. 3.99 QPI (4.00 max). He was also active in our org (MEA) and ACLC so he isn't a one-trick pony.

Tiffy Uy, UP's valedictorian, is from ICA, and made headlines for having the highest GWA in post-war history. These people aren't exceptions, a lot of the XS/ICA grads I know really do well in college.

As to being street smart, not all of them are (especially ICA girls). They have sheltered lives, which they don't have to break out of since Ateneo is equally utopian. But there are some who really turn out to be good leaders and are able to maximize their connections. You can't expect them to have the same diskarte as people who came from lower economic backgrounds, but they have their way of getting things done.
    bro jut, curious lang tayo more or less ilan kaya sa mga classmates o batchmates mong sa xavier ang mga anak ng business tycoon at big time politician?? hehe. TIA

I have a different experience with XS/ICA graduates. In our batch, mas achiever di hamak ang mga XS/ICA kaysa St. Jude. If they're not gunning for latin honors, they're org leaders, or perhaps even both.

The ME summa cum laude and batch valedictorian that graduated this year was from XS. 3.99 QPI (4.00 max). He was also active in our org (MEA) and ACLC so he isn't a one-trick pony.

Tiffy Uy, UP's valedictorian, is from ICA, and made headlines for having the highest GWA in post-war history. These people aren't exceptions, a lot of the XS/ICA grads I know really do well in college.

As to being street smart, not all of them are (especially ICA girls). They have sheltered lives, which they don't have to break out of since Ateneo is equally utopian. But there are some who really turn out to be good leaders and are able to maximize their connections. You can't expect them to have the same diskarte as people who came from lower economic backgrounds, but they have their way of getting things done.
    bro jut, curious lang tayo more or less ilan kaya sa mga classmates o batchmates mong sa xavier ang mga anak ng business tycoon at big time politician?? hehe. TIA

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Pisay bicol is really good...second only to the main campus in qc among the other pisay campuses iirc. And afaik, kailangan science related course talaga...ang alam ko if magshift to a non-science course you will be fined.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    My little brother will be taking the pisay exam this october. Hopefully pumasa sya sa qc campus. Or kung hindi sa bicol campus since we originated from bicol naman. Its good to know na ok naman pala ang bicol campus. Having second thoughts kasi back then. If not sa quesci nlng siya hehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Ateneo is 150k as per my geek neighbor. His company pays for his 2 kids' tuition. Unbelievable job benefit(300k)
    Where does your neighbor work Baka naman expat?

Tuition namin dati sometimes c/o my Lolo and Lola I can't expect that anymore if I have children. My parents pay annual to take advantage of the discount. I'm not sure if schools still have that until now.

I still think Ateneans are the most well rounded If I had a son, I'd send him there. I hope it's not yet coed by then.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    From our batch of 120, there are about 20 from XS/ICA. None of them are children of politicians, but most (if not all) are children of businessmen. Not all are business tycoons, but definitely they're in the upper income classes. Most live in New Manila, with quite a few in Green Meadows, Wackwack, etc.
    Last edited by jut703; August 21st, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Pisay bicol is really good...second only to the main campus in qc among the other pisay campuses iirc. And afaik, kailangan science related course talaga...ang alam ko if magshift to a non-science course you will be fined.
    pisay is just like any other school..
    they have their share of good and bad..
    good intelligent students with good attitude... good intelligent students with bad attitude..
    heh heh.

happy homecoming to pisay this sept

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    That's what they tell you, but honestly dami kong batchmates na nagshift or natanggal sa first course na pinasukan nila. Di naman na malalaman ng pisay yun eh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

That's what they tell you, but honestly dami kong batchmates na nagshift or natanggal sa first course na pinasukan nila. Di naman na malalaman ng pisay yun eh.
    sometimes, the kid does bad in school because he does not like the course... not because he is dumb.
    maraming magulang na pinipilit ang kurso sa bata kahit ayaw nang bata..
    yung bata naman, hindi masabi sa magulang na ayaw nila yun dahil ayaw nilang masaktan sina mamah at papah..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast