New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    The selfish side of me don't recommend south as i don't want traffic , peace & order, fresh air etc... be hampered by population growth. But for TS, Sta Rosa right side of slex is the place to go.
    Nice one bro. macsd....

However, schools in the north are generally cheaper than here in the south, for some reasons that I could not comprehend....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.4K _/_/_/_/_/:burn:_/_/_/_/_/

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Nice one bro. macsd....

However, schools in the north are generally cheaper than here in the south, for some reasons that I could not comprehend....

What will be more cheaper than being a scholar bro

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Nice one bro. macsd....

Dahil sa mga households tulad mo na nagpapataas ng per capita income sa south.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have properties both in the north (QC - Teachers Village) and from the south (Las Pinas).
    i grew up in the south. i was born in paranaque, had my reformative years in alabang and after getting married, bought a property in las pinas....

the southern area has changed a lot.... dati, kokonti ang tao, walang traffic and sariwa ang hangin.... ngayon, sobrang populated na, commercialized na din and malupet na din ang traffic. going to makati would mean that you would have to spend on toll or bear the traffic.... depends on the place where you are living (i love the surroundings of the Palms Village in Filinvest and yung mga loob loob ng ayala alabang), but otherwise, plenty of amenities.... near malls, hospitals and schools... CVT is right, schools in the south are more expensive that those from the north for reasons, i cannot also understand.

sa north, depende sa area.... although ok yung property din namin sa QC dahil tahimik, paglabas mo, sobrang gulo na din.... matalino street in UP Village as well as Maginhawa Street in UPV/Teachers Village has heavy traffic during early evenings. madami ding hospitals although most of them are public hospitals like Heart Center, Lung Center, Kidney Center, etc.... Medyo malayo pa lalakbayin mo to get to St. Lukes E. Rod. Good schools are nearer (Ateneo, UP and UST is just one UV ride away), compared if you are from the south where La Salle is the nearest one... Although I heard most schools are now opening branches sa BGC, nothing beats studying from the original campus.... When i was living pa in alabang, dusa ang byahe ko papunta sa USTe, araw araw. So if you are from the south and your kid wants to study in these schools, dorm na talaga ang option.

My choice? I would rather go the Sta. Rosa area.... Mas sariwa ang hangin.... O ganito na lang talaga ang nararamdaman ng mga matatanda na....... ang kawawa lang is ang mga bata, kung sa schools sa north nga magaaral.

For us, we would just wait for our kid to finish Grade 12 and transfer to QC na din..... (in two years).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

we have properties both in the north (QC - Teachers Village) and from the south (Las Pinas).
    i grew up in the south. i was born in paranaque, had my reformative years in alabang and after getting married, bought a property in las pinas....

the southern area has changed a lot.... dati, kokonti ang tao, walang traffic and sariwa ang hangin.... ngayon, sobrang populated na, commercialized na din and malupet na din ang traffic. going to makati would mean that you would have to spend on toll or bear the traffic.... depends on the place where you are living (i love the surroundings of the Palms Village in Filinvest and yung mga loob loob ng ayala alabang), but otherwise, plenty of amenities.... near malls, hospitals and schools... CVT is right, schools in the south are more expensive that those from the north for reasons, i cannot also understand.

sa north, depende sa area.... although ok yung property din namin sa QC dahil tahimik, paglabas mo, sobrang gulo na din.... matalino street in UP Village as well as Maginhawa Street in UPV/Teachers Village has heavy traffic during early evenings. madami ding hospitals although most of them are public hospitals like Heart Center, Lung Center, Kidney Center, etc.... Medyo malayo pa lalakbayin mo to get to St. Lukes E. Rod. Good schools are nearer (Ateneo, UP and UST is just one UV ride away), compared if you are from the south where La Salle is the nearest one... Although I heard most schools are now opening branches sa BGC, nothing beats studying from the original campus.... When i was living pa in alabang, dusa ang byahe ko papunta sa USTe, araw araw. So if you are from the south and your kid wants to study in these schools, dorm na talaga ang option.

My choice? I would rather go the Sta. Rosa area.... Mas sariwa ang hangin.... O ganito na lang talaga ang nararamdaman ng mga matatanda na....... ang kawawa lang is ang mga bata, kung sa schools sa north nga magaaral.

For us, we would just wait for our kid to finish Grade 12 and transfer to QC na din..... (in two years).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pinag uusapan na din namin ito ni esmi.

Her folks is based now at north (bulacan) but we both grew up in Manila.

Now we are still in Manila, daily drive is stress free in the morning, we left the house at 5:30am BTW

Basta agahan mo lang, wala ka problema sa traffic.

The evening drive home is the one getting into my nerves, lahat ng construction sinasagasaan ko ngayon.

The skyway connector to NLEX and the Flood interceptor project inip ka na sa traffic, gulpi pa oto mo sa wasak na daan)

sorry haba ng intro ko. :grin:

Actually we are leaning towards getting a condo near our workplace, what we want is maalis man lang or mabawasan yung daily drive.

Before we entertained the idea on getting a house and lot sa bulacan din, kaso hindi ko ata kakayanin yung araw araw ka magdudusa sa edsa umaga at pauwi. You can take your chances and re-route still manila is a jungle.

sa south naman choices mo are cavite or laguna, AFAIK and as posted here cost of living in the south is much pricier.

you can opt to reside in Rizal area, cheaper properties yet traffic is ganun din mapa marcos highway or ortigas ave.

OT

Kaya minsan i envy yung mga colleagues ko sa regions, parang ang stress free ng buhay.

Same rate kayo nakukuha yet yung stress ng living in the Metro eh hindi nila nararanasan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Now we are still in Manila, daily drive is stress free in the morning, we left the house at 5:30am BTW

The evening drive home is the one getting into my nerves, lahat ng construction sinasagasaan ko ngayon.

The skyway connector to NLEX and the Flood interceptor project inip ka na sa traffic, gulpi pa oto mo sa wasak na daan)

Actually we are leaning towards getting a condo near our workplace, what we want is maalis man lang or mabawasan yung daily drive.

Before we entertained the idea on getting a house and lot sa bulacan din, kaso hindi ko ata kakayanin yung araw araw ka magdudusa sa edsa umaga at pauwi. You can take your chances and re-route still manila is a jungle.

sa south naman choices mo are cavite or laguna, AFAIK and as posted here cost of living in the south is much pricier.

you can opt to reside in Rizal area, cheaper properties yet traffic is ganun din mapa marcos highway or ortigas ave.

OT

Kaya minsan i envy yung mga colleagues ko sa regions, parang ang stress free ng buhay.

Same rate kayo nakukuha yet yung stress ng living in the Metro eh hindi nila nararanasan.
    since wala pa naman kayong kid...
    why not rent a condo or a place near your work?
    tsaka ka na magpundar pag may anak ka na.

OT

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re purhase of properties, if you have the resources it is nice to cover both the north and south.

OT

One time i spent a weekday morning in the province. Sarap ng father-in-law ko; at 7:30am nagkakape, newspaper, at breakfast pa bago pumasok sa trabaho (de-sundo pa siya ng office service nila).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Wifey suggested that, kaso i'm against paying rent, wala napupuntahan hulog. Might as well get one and yung hulog mo may mapupuntahan.

Pero parang ngayon gusto ko na din na mangupahan, nakakarindi na traffic eh.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Re purhase of properties, if you have the resources it is nice to cover both the north and south.
    In-time bro, hindi pa ganun kalaki resources naten.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    One time i spent a weekday morning in the province. Sarap ng father-in-law ko; at 7:30am nagkakape, newspaper, at breakfast pa bago pumasok sa trabaho (de-sundo pa siya ng office service nila).
    Same experience, I attended a 1 week workshop sa tacloban naobserbahan ko ganyan din mga officemates ko panalo kako!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Used to live in the south for 4 years before transferring ti the center of QC.

Agree with most of the replies here, nung panahon na may thursday group ang alabangerz, talahib at iilan pa ang building, libre parking kahit saan, nakabalagbag mga auto ni CVT sa westgate, parang ayoko na umalis sa munti area. Kaya lang nung ginawa yung phase 2 ng skyway, ayun, di ko natiis. Lumayas kami sa munti/alabang area.

Also, QC is better for us since our parents and families are based in the north also.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Lived in the south for most of my life. Sabi ko dito ako tatanda at di ako bibili ng condo. After 2 kids in HS and both sa manila nag-aaral, the wife and I decided to move to manila para di naman kawawa mga bata sa biyahe. We got a condo pero sa 2017 pa pede lipatan so we are renting muna. Yung bahay namin sa Laguna pinaparentahan muna namin. Ako I go to work using the LRT1 and LRT2, I only get to use the car kapag weekends and ang sarap ng buhay magtren walang trapik. By the way laki ng tipid ko sa gas, toll and parking, it's enough to cover the rent of our apartment now.
    Ang masasabi ko lang priorities change lalo na kapag may anak na so don't say no sa mga possible options.

Lived in the south for most of my life. Sabi ko dito ako tatanda at di ako bibili ng condo. After 2 kids in HS and both sa manila nag-aaral, the wife and I decided to move to manila para di naman kawawa mga bata sa biyahe. We got a condo pero sa 2017 pa pede lipatan so we are renting muna. Yung bahay namin sa Laguna pinaparentahan muna namin. Ako I go to work using the LRT1 and LRT2, I only get to use the car kapag weekends and ang sarap ng buhay magtren walang trapik. By the way laki ng tipid ko sa gas, toll and parking, it's enough to cover the rent of our apartment now.
    Ang masasabi ko lang priorities change lalo na kapag may anak na so don't say no sa mga possible options.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast