New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nung unang nakatunhtong kami sa Ortigas pasig hindi ganun kagrabe ang traffic pero now sobrang traffic tapos tsambahan pa na mabuksan ang counterflow kung hindi Ortigas Ever to Ipi kailangan mo gumastos sa oras nang 30-45mins pero kung walang traffic nasa 5-10mins lang.

Ang maganda lang sa amin madaming pwedeng alternate route at madaming school kung ayaw mo lumayo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

nung unang nakatunhtong kami sa Ortigas pasig hindi ganun kagrabe ang traffic pero now sobrang traffic tapos tsambahan pa na mabuksan ang counterflow kung hindi Ortigas Ever to Ipi kailangan mo gumastos sa oras nang 30-45mins pero kung walang traffic nasa 5-10mins lang.

Ang maganda lang sa amin madaming pwedeng alternate route at madaming school kung ayaw mo lumayo.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sad that this project has not taken off. I noticed during the last years of the GMA admin they were clearing out the squatters from the line in quite a lot of areas based on my observations.

A high volume, and efficient railway system from the NCR to the north and south would make a good long-term solution to our congestion in the NCR. It is a given that Metro Manila will be difficult to decentralize but if people lived in the outlying provinces such as Bulacan, Pampanga, Cavite, Laguna and there was a railway that will take one straight to the CBDs just like it is in other civilizations, then you cut Manila traffic drastically especially with the big schools having campuses in areas such as Sta. Rosa, Cavite and Pampanga. Heck, if that was the case i'd already be building my own home in Pampanga and taking the train to work every day.
    That should spell progress bro... And, EVERYONE knows that.

It is just that our government leaders,- Well,- they do not have the b*lls to implement such required infrastructure to "railroad" progress in the country....

Another case is the NAIA, as our main international gateway,- procrastination to the max!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.5K _/_/_/_/_/:tomato:_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post

Same with our family. When my ninunos first settled down in our area, it was sooooo rural. Now it's one of the areas na sinusumpa for traffic on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That should spell progress bro... And, EVERYONE knows that.

It is just that our government leaders,- Well,- they do not have the b*lls to implement such required infrastructure to "railroad" progress in the country....

Another case is the NAIA, as our main international gateway,- procrastination to the max!

27.5K _/_/_/_/_/:tomato:_/_/_/_/_/
    The railway has been there for more than a hundred years, all it takes is clear directive and direction... and hopefully moderated corruption.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The schools are the deciding points for now it seems. Without any future plans to decongest Manila, being nearer to schools on the North truly has benefits. Looking at Pisay/QSci for HS years.. not yet aware what these levels are called under the K12 program. My uncle has a lot near DLSU Dasma, but the land value has not appreciated over the years. Says a lot about the main branches of PH universities.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    You should also consider how the local govts are in the places you are looking at. I grew up from marikina, and we all know how flood prone it is altho bahay namen hindi binabaha, pero i am still considering it kasi kahit binaha sya it is still cleaner and greener than most of the metro even 24-48 hrs right after the flood.

Yung construction sa mandaluyong sa may munisipyo? I cant see that happening ng ganon katagal sa amin, or sa makati right?

Now i know nagpapalit every now and then after ng elections pero madalas kung ano ang sinundan na kalakaran e most likely yun ang maitutuloy. Just my 2 cents.

Ps im not bashing manda city.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    You should also consider how the local govts are in the places you are looking at. I grew up from marikina, and we all know how flood prone it is altho bahay namen hindi binabaha, pero i am still considering it kasi kahit binaha sya it is still cleaner and greener than most of the metro even 24-48 hrs right after the flood.

Yung construction sa mandaluyong sa may munisipyo? I cant see that happening ng ganon katagal sa amin, or sa makati right?

Now i know nagpapalit every now and then after ng elections pero madalas kung ano ang sinundan na kalakaran e most likely yun ang maitutuloy. Just my 2 cents.

Ps im not bashing manda city.
    Don't bash Manda City. Bash the trapo(s) running it... ;)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    ^^exactly what i am saying sir. Local govts entirely different from the city itself/citizens

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Same with our family. When my ninunos first settled down in our area, it was sooooo rural. Now it's one of the areas na sinusumpa for traffic on a daily basis.
    Those who plan to settle on southern part of the metro will surely experienced that.

I'm from the south (AAv), boy, its so tiring to drive from Alabang to my gf's place in CG. And to think those villages in Sta. Rosa have yet to be fully developed and theres already traffic jam everyday during rush hour. As it is SRT rd. is just a 4 lane street with trikes. Hhmm sarap siguro tumira dyan when every household will 2-3 cars.😨

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Looks like one of our kids is looking at NoMM for his next level of education....

This will be a change in our current daily arrangements...

27.6K _/_/_/_/_/:oops2:_/_/_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I wanna settle down where my folks live hehehe.

To be honest north or south is good except for the damn traffic. I invested heavily in BgC , rockwell, nuvali, and westgrove areas and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Though im thinking also of just saving up for a house in bel air or san lorenzo. Its just that the prices are damn crazy. Sayang if i only had the means a few years ago....... Now its just nuts.

Four years ago you could still get a house and lot in san lorenzo for around 40m. Now 75mis the minimum (hi cathy! Hehehe)

You could buy a house in forbes 4 years ago for around 100-150m. Good luck finding one less than 300m now.

A 3 br condo now from the premier brand of ayala or rockwell is minimum 40m. Though the nice cuts are really 50m+

Discovery primea along ayala avenue the minimum price of a unit is 80m.

Inflation is just crazy.
    Last edited by EQAddict; September 16th, 2015 at 09:43 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast