New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Wifey suggested that, kaso i'm against paying rent, wala napupuntahan hulog. Might as well get one and yung hulog mo may mapupuntahan.

Pero parang ngayon gusto ko na din na mangupahan, nakakarindi na traffic eh.

In-time bro, hindi pa ganun kalaki resources naten.

Same experience, I attended a 1 week workshop sa tacloban naobserbahan ko ganyan din mga officemates ko panalo kako!

take note that in purchasing properties, there would be hidden costs involved like real estate taxes, maintenance costs, association dues, etc. and if sooner or later, you will outgrow your property... ok lang kung may lot ka na pwedeng mag expand, but what if kung townhouse or may small lot lang?

it happened to me.... the townhouse that we purchased 15 years ago is now too small for us....

the only pro that i can think of if you own your own property is appreciation costs, pero depende sa lugar.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Wifey suggested that, kaso i'm against paying rent, wala napupuntahan hulog. Might as well get one and yung hulog mo may mapupuntahan.

Pero parang ngayon gusto ko na din na mangupahan, nakakarindi na traffic eh.

In-time bro, hindi pa ganun kalaki resources naten.

Same experience, I attended a 1 week workshop sa tacloban naobserbahan ko ganyan din mga officemates ko panalo kako!

take note that in purchasing properties, there would be hidden costs involved like real estate taxes, maintenance costs, association dues, etc. and if sooner or later, you will outgrow your property... ok lang kung may lot ka na pwedeng mag expand, but what if kung townhouse or may small lot lang?

it happened to me.... the townhouse that we purchased 15 years ago is now too small for us....

the only pro that i can think of if you own your own property is appreciation costs, pero depende sa lugar.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ sinabi mo sir! yan ang mahirap sa townhouse, di pwede mag-expand. pag garahe pinagusapan you need to sell 1 car to buy another. yan nangyayari sa akin ngayon walang parking 1 kotse ko, buti na lang allowed street parking sa amin. pero just 2 times in the last 3 weeks may gumasgas sa car na nasa labas, halatang sadya kasi di naman bangga.

my wife and I are considering buying a lot already, maybe by next year. ang mahirap i am tied to the north, so north lang ang choice ko. for 1 nasa QC ang mother ko and she's 88 already. ayaw naman niya sa amin tumira. we do her groceries and marketing, and syempre pag ganyan na katanda regular ang visit namin to look after her kahit may kasama siyang aunty ko at may maid naman sila. kaso ang hirap na humanap ng matino and affrodable lot sa QC. prefer din namin QC kasi for schools - UP, ADMU, and UST is just 1 ride away.

bulacan we have 2 lots sa malolos. but that will be sold, di na namin type matira dun.
    Last edited by yebo; September 2nd, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Ok lang magrent basta malapit boss. Mas madami ka pa din matitipid. I live in Bulacan, works in Manila, UN ave area, tolerable yung traffic/byahe pero ung cost naman. And pag may baha or xmas season, nakakapikon na din traffic.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Personally I'm against renting because it's money that goes nowhere. If you're paying for the place, at the end of your loan term then it's yours - you can resell it (and get back all that you paid), or have it rented out (and get extra income).

Since I hate getting stuck in traffic, I bought a place that's less than an hour drive from any business district even during rush hour.

I would prefer a small house in a good location than a big house in a faraway land.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally I'm against renting because it's money that goes nowhere. If you're paying for the place, at the end of your loan term then it's yours - you can resell it (and get back all that you paid), or have it rented out (and get extra income).

Since I hate getting stuck in traffic, I bought a place that's less than an hour drive from any business district even during rush hour.

I would prefer a small house in a good location than a big house in a faraway land.
    i grew up in a house with lots of floor..
    anyone who grew up assigned to walis the floors in their childhood house, tend to gravitate to smaller dwellings.. mas madaling walisin..
    heh heh.

and i am a pioneer in "staycation".. you know.. vacation abroad.. stay in hotel much of the time, beside a large window with good view.. phone hotline to the cafeteria a grab away.. good book in hand..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Ang masasabi ko lang priorities change lalo na kapag may anak na so don't say no sa mga possible options.
    Exactly! Plan for the short and long term. My sister for example, maintains a decent townhouse in the middle of the city but they already purchased a lot outside of the metro in which they plan to build on and move to in ten years (when their kids graduate from college). In my case, i'm gravitating towards the same plan.

The south is developing well now of course (especially Sta. Rosa) but in my case, I'm really leaning towards building somewhere in the north later on. Would be good if they got that North Rail project running.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

i grew up in a house with lots of floor..
    anyone who grew up assigned to walis the floors in their childhood house, tend to gravitate to smaller dwellings.. mas madaling walisin..
    heh heh.
    True that. My wife grew up in a small home while i grew up in a larger home. I get attracted to small to medium size dwellings while she dreams of a large home with gardens (eh galit na galit na ako sa pagwawalis ng dahon at pagupit ng damo).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

my dad is an old farm boy.. hihiga siya sa sahig namin, using only a banig... parang sa bahay kubo.. mummy sees to it the floors are all clean.
    i was assigned to keep the floors clean.. wax on.. wax off.. using a bunot! , then walis.
    give the nobel prize to the guy who invented electric floor polishers!

kaya siguro i ended up doing middle distance running.. i had the legs, anyway...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Exactly! Plan for the short and long term. My sister for example, maintains a decent townhouse in the middle of the city but they already purchased a lot outside of the metro in which they plan to build on and move to in ten years (when their kids graduate from college). In my case, i'm gravitating towards the same plan.

The south is developing well now of course (especially Sta. Rosa) but in my case, I'm really leaning towards building somewhere in the north later on. Would be good if they got that North Rail project running.

True that. My wife grew up in a small home while i grew up in a larger home. I get attracted to small to medium size dwellings while she dreams of a large home with gardens (eh galit na galit na ako sa pagwawalis ng dahon at pagupit ng damo).
    Good plan, Vinj. But just some quick info re: Northrail which I had a chance to be part of early in my career:

1. There's no cohesive plan by government to resolve the right-of-way issues needed by the project. In short, ayaw maglabas or walang mailabas na pera.

2. There have been several suppliers who've proposed to construct, operate and maintain the project on turnkey basis (para halos walang gastos ang gov), but most of them have given up due to the lack of momentum and ever-changing policy directions from DOTC and BCDA (then the lead agency)

3. Northrail has been in the pipeline of the government since 1998 (Ramos' Presidency) and it hasn't moved from drawings and studies since then so....draw your own conclusions. Back then, Northrail was envisioned to be a rapid rail system connecting NAIA to Clark International Airport.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Good plan, Vinj. But just some quick info re: Northrail which I had a chance to be part of early in my career:

1. There's no cohesive plan by government to resolve the right-of-way issues needed by the project. In short, ayaw maglabas or walang mailabas na pera.

2. There have been several suppliers who've proposed to construct, operate and maintain the project on turnkey basis (para halos walang gastos ang gov), but most of them have given up due to the lack of momentum and ever-changing policy directions from DOTC and BCDA (then the lead agency)

3. Northrail has been in the pipeline of the government since 1998 (Ramos' Presidency) and it hasn't moved from drawings and studies since then so....draw your own conclusions. Back then, Northrail was envisioned to be a rapid rail system connecting NAIA to Clark International Airport.
    E,- mga lawyer-architect pala ang mga hepe ng mga ahensiya ng gobyerno....

Aba,- e puro drowing!....

Mabuti pa ang mga inspektor at technicians namin sa production line - gumagawa ng tamang evaluation at desisyon sa milyon-milyong dolyares na shipment ng kumpanya.....

Palitan na ang mga iyan ng mga Inspektor at Technicians!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.5K _/_/_/_/_/:tomato:_/_/_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post

Sad that this project has not taken off. I noticed during the last years of the GMA admin they were clearing out the squatters from the line in quite a lot of areas based on my observations.

A high volume, and efficient railway system from the NCR to the north and south would make a good long-term solution to our congestion in the NCR. It is a given that Metro Manila will be difficult to decentralize but if people lived in the outlying provinces such as Bulacan, Pampanga, Cavite, Laguna and there was a railway that will take one straight to the CBDs just like it is in other civilizations, then you cut Manila traffic drastically especially with the big schools having campuses in areas such as Sta. Rosa, Cavite and Pampanga. Heck, if that was the case i'd already be building my own home in Pampanga and taking the train to work every day.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast