New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Been thinking where exactly to lay grounds on starting a family. I grew up North side, but am now thinking twice if it is still convenient to settle down here. With a 2 hour traffic from North Avenue to Makati on an early morning basis, this does not seem practical to me, wasting time sitting idly on traffic. I think I'd rather have pay the exorbitant toll fees from the South coming into Makati daily. This will be the more expensive option, but I'm already thinking on how this can be negotiated with my current benefits. We can have too much money, but not enough time.

The only clincher here is the NLEX-SLEX connecting bridge being constructed right now. This MIGHTcut travel down back to 1 hour, but no one can say so for now. And it will entail a hefty amount of toll fee as well. Of course, this is not the single item that holds me back, as I'm still weighing options on available schools, hospitals etc. There's also the cost of living etc, but looking at the prices of townhouses being sold at QC and Las Pinas, I would dare say that they're preety even. I'm not in a rush, but investing earlier would be better. Condominiums are off our options too; would prefer buying a pre-owned house / remodelling one / whatever we

Anyway, I just want to hear from you guys your thoughts, if you guys were starting a family now, and are currently working in Makati CBD, what else should be running in your head? It might give me more perspective in deciding. Thanks a lot tsikoteers

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I'm on the same boat. I work in pasay so south looks more attractive to me. Im also looking to settle further south as well somewhere in laguna. Travel time kasi ng colleague ko who lives in san pedro is a lot shorter compared sa trip ko pauwi. Pero investment wise north looks very attractive lalo na sa pampanga/clark area. Yung nlex/slex connector mukhang matatagalan so kalbaryo if you have to go through the whole length of edsa. Pabor yung south kaso where exactly yun medyo struggle pa. If anyone can suggest a good town in laguna along slex would be greatly appreciated.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I grew up in Qc during my teens and ended up here in cavite when i got married. Been living here for about 23 years. I think this side is good to settle down as its quite accessible to mla.via coastal road and to slex via daanghari. Never experienced floods in our area. Its about 30kms to chinatown and 12kms to slex via MCX toll exit. On weekends tagaytay is just 40kms.

My son works in makati and he just rides the express vans and normally about 11/2 hrs he's in the office. Just 1 ride[emoji4]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *TS if you plan to settle down in the south may kakilala ko nagbebenta ng house and lot sa Biñan laguna Brgy. Sto Tomas very near sa slex carmona exit. Nung dinala nya ko dun mula bahay gang makati 20mins lang byahe ko via SLEX and skyway. Mahal nga lang pag lagi ka mag skyway.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're working in Makati CBD, and living in a condo is not an option, definitely I'd pick the South. I grew up in the south and enjoyed the suburb feel, and back then toll wasn't exorbitant yet. But even now, living in the south isn't so bad if you can deal with the toll. The advantage is that houses in BF Homes are still much cheaper than houses in QC (Maginhawa area), so this should offset your toll costs.

Traffic is pretty bad though during rush hours along Sucat Road (or Zapote if you decide in Las Pinas), but not as bad as QC traffic. Also, during weekends, there's no need to leave the south as everything is in Alabang.

Biggest drawback is if you have some business to attend to in QC, you'll bear EDSA/C5 traffic, but if it's just BGC or Makati, it's not so bad. Another thing to consider is that IMO schools are still better in the North. I studied in Zobel when I was younger and I can honestly say that AGS/AHS is better (less conyo kids, better education). You also get to be near Pisay (if you consider that option for your kids).

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    rush hour traveling from pasig to makati would took me 1.5hrs. Now having my own house in sta rosa, near mamplasan exit, going to makati is a breeze. 30 minutes top. Toll will be quite expensive but looking at your car's maintenance and fuel saved from the idle on the traffic I think its worth it. Of course, more time spent in the family, not on the road.
    I enjoyed suburb living here, all the best schools and hospitals are already in place. not to mention the malls and it's near tagaytay.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anesthoncall View Post
    rush hour traveling from pasig to makati would took me 1.5hrs. Now having my own house in sta rosa, near mamplasan exit, going to makati is a breeze. 30 minutes top. Toll will be quite expensive but looking at your car's maintenance and fuel saved from the idle on the traffic I think its worth it. Of course, more time spent in the family, not on the road.
    I enjoyed suburb living here, all the best schools and hospitals are already in place. not to mention the malls and it's near tagaytay.
    It depends in where you live in Pasig, and where you work in Makati. I used to work in Makati and it would take me around 45 min to get to work during rush hour (20 min if traffic is light). From the south, while it only takes about 15 minutes from Sucat to Don Bosco, you'll be stuck in traffic from there until you cross Ayala. Then there's the travel time from your house to SLEX.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Less severe ang floods dito sa South.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by anesthoncall View Post
    The selfish side of me don't recommend south as i don't want traffic , peace & order, fresh air etc... be hampered by population growth. But for TS, Sta Rosa right side of slex is the place to go.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Consider:
    - School of your kids
    - Work
    - Is being near certain relatives a must?

I think a lot of us are on the same boat. In my case i decided to get first a condo close to the current schools, which i can use for the next few years before i decide on building or acquiring a more permanent abode. I also want to see how the NLEX-SLEX link will pan out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Consider:
    - School of your kids
    - Work
    - Is being near certain relatives a must?

I think a lot of us are on the same boat. In my case i decided to get first a condo close to the current schools, which i can use for the next few years before i decide on building or acquiring a more permanent abode. I also want to see how the NLEX-SLEX link will pan out.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast